1.7.10 Total Meltdown [HQM][Tech][Space] - ABANDONED

Cyric313

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to try and push an update to clean up a few bugs in the near future. I am having a hard time finding inspiration on total meltdown and have been busy with Hubris and real life.

I have not forgotten!

I hope you find some inspiration because this pack is quite fun, me and a friend has a server set up together and we find this pack much more enjoyable then the Blast Off pack which is much to grindy and tedious for our taste.
maybe look to some more exploration of the galacticraft universe?
Oh and perhaps some quests relating to the AE2 mod since there is no way to get the parts for that at the moment unless we have missed something...

Keep going, its a great pack in my book.. :)

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
How is the equipment overhaul looking?

uv8B03u.png

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.5.0 has been released - Tony Stark
  • Added Modular Powersuit and questline
  • Updated all of the mods. No really, nearly every single mod was updated. This should notably bring better performance as well as some features from major updates to Galacticraft and an update to Chisel 2 and the new AE.
  • Most quests are now detection - HQM hates shift-crafting so this should fix the book not detecting certain craft quests
  • Rehooked a major quest line, it is now available earlier and in a more logical way.

Reactions: Smegghed

UnhygenicChipmunk

Jul 29, 2019
I'm struggling a bit on how to get blaze rods for the brewing quest, my plan atm is to sieve dirt to try and get some blaze powder there than i can decompose and synthesise in to a blaze rod, but no luck so far :/ any suggestions?

Torezu

Jul 29, 2019
Was the MineChem recipe changed? I thought blaze powder/rods were just Phosphorus, which you can get from either Glowstone or Mushrooms, among other things.

UnhygenicChipmunk

Jul 29, 2019
Im not sure what they were before, but they're now plutonium

Sifted a stack of dirt & a stack of dust, no blaze powder, now trying to get lucky with decomposing end stone :/

Torezu

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, you were right, Pu they are. In that case, decomposing netherrack in sufficient quantities can get you a decent amount. Just remember to store what you don't need in lead containers (Chemical Storage or whatever they're called).

UnhygenicChipmunk

Jul 29, 2019
No luck through decomposing anything, but instead grabbed a load of left over chemicals, an full energry cell and headed to the fusion chamber, success

ECDubbleyew

Jul 29, 2019
I am starting this one tonight! I'm having so much fun with Hubris, that I figured this one had to be greatly put together as well! Can't wait!

teser

Jul 29, 2019
where are you supposed to get ae2 presses from? I ran all around the moon for like an hour and didn't find a single ae2 meteor, is there another way?

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
where are you supposed to get ae2 presses from? I ran all around the moon for like an hour and didn't find a single ae2 meteor, is there another way?

He has told me to just cheat them in because there is no other way to get them.

Starbuck_BSG

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Drastic, just want to let you know that Total Meltdown is an absolutely fantastic pack! I just enjoy playing it. End-times on the Moon, I mean, gosh, that's a pretty unique idea! :D

Anyway, I have a little suggestion maybe: I read on the forum here that people ask for how to get these AE2 presses. One can cheat them in, which isn't a big deal. But what about giving them one after another as bonus for doing some quests? That should be doable? Also, do you plan or consider to incorporate the Galacticraft add-on which has like Pluto, Venus and Mercury as planetary destinations as well? I don't know how this mod is called (I think "More Planets Mod" or something like that), but it seems to work with 1.7.10 MC and GC very well. That surely would be awesome, as the whole adventure plays in and around space!

In any case, again, you guys did there one of the best modpacks I've ever played. When I saw the moon domes ... gosh, guess I will remember that moment of awesomeness for quite a while LOL :D

Reactions: Pudding01
Jul 29, 2019
Drastic,
I found your pack a while ago, and then realized that this pack is not on the FTB launcher anymore. Is there any other way to play/download this pack?

-Thanks!

KeepOnDigging

Jul 29, 2019
That's sad news. This pack was an absolute blast to play.

I'm happy to upload an archive of my Total Meltdown 1.3.0 directory, if that's OK with you DrasticDemise?

But it might vary slightly from the original. I altered the template to suit a 3 player multiplayer server (3 sets of starting gear and 3 rockets). And it looks like I added a few of my favourite mods… AromaBackup, InGameInfo, some WAILA plugins etc. Nothing which should impact on the gameplay once the Moon is reached. Sorry, but I don't have a copy of the original download.

I also don't have the free time to offer tech support, so if you don't know how to install a mod pack from a ZIP file… :)

Thanks, and
KeepOnDigging.

Reactions: Pudding01

KeepOnDigging

Jul 29, 2019
I would appreciate a zip of your 1.5.0 directory… I missed the update and am still on 1.3.0!

Thank you, and
KeepOnDigging!