[1.7.10] Thermal Progression [Tech][Magic][Survival][Over 125 Quests]

xaph0n

Jul 29, 2019
Are there quests around Steves Factor manager / addons, or is it fairly safe to remove those and play till it gets fixed?

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
Are there quests around Steves Factor manager / addons, or is it fairly safe to remove those and play till it gets fixed?
There aren't any quests, although many of the recipes are changed for factory manager if that affects anything. The only problem is with Steve's Addons needing to be updated (Finalizing a hotfix now).

xaph0n

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, that sounds good, give it a shot, looking for a new map to play and this one is in the fore front, just playing with a couple friends, so need to have a server, looking forward to it :).

Pamelloes

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to add AromaBackup (or another backup mod, if you prefer) to the pack? Not having to manually backup is super useful and can prevent a lot of heartache if something goes wrong.

xaph0n

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if the server issues were supposed to be resolved or not in 1.3.2 but I'm trying to launch a 1.3.2 server. It gets to the point where it starts to generate the world and then it throws an error. Forgive me if i'm pasting the wrong information as I don't typically set servers up outside of the FTB offical packs which I haven't had an issue with yet.

[13:03:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.7.10
[13:03:37] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading properties
[13:03:37] [Server thread/INFO]: Default game type: SURVIVAL
[13:03:37] [Server thread/INFO]: Generating keypair
[13:03:37] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
[13:03:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing level "world"
[13:03:56] [Server thread/WARN]: Unable to find spawn biome
[13:03:57] [Server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class Reflector
at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReport.func_71504_g(CrashReport.java:163) ~[b.class:?]
at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReport.<init>(CrashReport.java:55) ~[b.class:?]
at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReport.func_85055_a(CrashReport.java:442) ~[b.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.<init>(World.java:264) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.<init>(WorldServer.java:97) ~[mt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71247_a(MinecraftServer.java:219) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:258) ~[lt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]

from that error i concluded that i need to change the level-type in the server properties to a BIOMESOP, deleted the 'world' folder and relaunched the server but that gives the following error. I'm sure i'm just missing something retardedly simple, but I just can't figure out what it is.

[13:06:57] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.7.10
[13:07:25] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading properties
[13:07:26] [Server thread/INFO]: Default game type: SURVIVAL
[13:07:26] [Server thread/INFO]: Generating keypair
[13:07:26] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
[13:07:46] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing level "world"
[13:07:47] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing start region for level 0
[13:07:47] [Server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lwjgl/LWJGLException
at net.minecraft.profiler.Profiler.func_76320_a(Profiler.java:64) ~[qi.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147465_d(World.java:459) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.structure.StructureComponent.func_151550_a(StructureComponent.java:541) ~[avk.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.structure.StructureComponent.func_151549_a(StructureComponent.java:583) ~[avk.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.structure.StructureMineshaftPieces$Room.func_74875_a(StructureMineshaftPieces.java:685) ~[ata.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.structure.StructureStart.func_75068_a(StructureStart.java:44) ~[avm.class:?]
at fastcraft.Hooks.x(F:170) ~[fastcraft-1.19.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.structure.MapGenStructure.func_75051_a(MapGenStructure.java:93) ~[ave.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderGenerate.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderGenerate.java:381) ~[aqz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderServer.java:279) ~[ms.class:?]
at fastcraft.a.c.a(F:84) ~[fastcraft-1.19.jar:?]
at fastcraft.Hooks.r(F:139) ~[fastcraft-1.19.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76624_a(Chunk.java:1055) ~[apx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.originalLoadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:190) ~[ms.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.loadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:131) ~[ms.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:101) ~[ms.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71222_d(MinecraftServer.java:265) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71247_a(MinecraftServer.java:235) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:258) ~[lt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_05]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_05]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_05]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_05]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_05]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
... 21 more

In case somebody else runs into an issue, it may have been resolved by both steps of changing level type to BIOMESOP and removing optifine, but I can't say for certain.

Last edited:

jonny4547

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if the server issues were supposed to be resolved or not in 1.3.2 but I'm trying to launch a 1.3.2 server. It gets to the point where it starts to generate the world and then it throws an error. Forgive me if i'm pasting the wrong information as I don't typically set servers up outside of the FTB offical packs which I haven't had an issue with yet.

[13:03:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.7.10
[13:03:37] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading properties
[13:03:37] [Server thread/INFO]: Default game type: SURVIVAL
[13:03:37] [Server thread/INFO]: Generating keypair
[13:03:37] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
[13:03:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing level "world"
[13:03:56] [Server thread/WARN]: Unable to find spawn biome
[13:03:57] [Server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class Reflector
at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReport.func_71504_g(CrashReport.java:163) ~[b.class:?]
at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReport.<init>(CrashReport.java:55) ~[b.class:?]
at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReport.func_85055_a(CrashReport.java:442) ~[b.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.<init>(World.java:264) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.<init>(WorldServer.java:97) ~[mt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71247_a(MinecraftServer.java:219) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]

from that error i concluded that i need to change the level-type in the server properties to a BIOMESOP, deleted the 'world' folder and relaunched the server but that gives the following error. I'm sure i'm just missing something retardedly simple, but I just can't figure out what it is.

[13:06:57] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.7.10
[13:07:25] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading properties
[13:07:26] [Server thread/INFO]: Default game type: SURVIVAL
[13:07:26] [Server thread/INFO]: Generating keypair
[13:07:26] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
[13:07:46] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing level "world"
[13:07:47] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing start region for level 0
[13:07:47] [Server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lwjgl/LWJGLException
at net.minecraft.profiler.Profiler.func_76320_a(Profiler.java:64) ~[qi.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_147465_d(World.java:459) ~[ahb.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.structure.StructureComponent.func_151550_a(StructureComponent.java:541) ~[avk.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.structure.StructureComponent.func_151549_a(StructureComponent.java:583) ~[avk.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.structure.StructureMineshaftPieces$Room.func_74875_a(StructureMineshaftPieces.java:685) ~[ata.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.structure.StructureStart.func_75068_a(StructureStart.java:44) ~[avm.class:?]
at fastcraft.Hooks.x(F:170) ~[fastcraft-1.19.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.structure.MapGenStructure.func_75051_a(MapGenStructure.java:93) ~[ave.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderGenerate.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderGenerate.java:381) ~[aqz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderServer.java:279) ~[ms.class:?]
at fastcraft.a.c.a(F:84) ~[fastcraft-1.19.jar:?]
at fastcraft.Hooks.r(F:139) ~[fastcraft-1.19.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76624_a(Chunk.java:1055) ~[apx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.originalLoadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:190) ~[ms.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.loadChunk(ChunkProviderServer.java:131) ~[ms.class:?]
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:101) ~[ms.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71222_d(MinecraftServer.java:265) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71247_a(MinecraftServer.java:235) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_05]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_05]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_05]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
... 21 more

In case somebody else runs into an issue, it may have been resolved by both steps of changing level type to BIOMESOP and removing optifine, but I can't say for certain.
I think you forgot to set the IP address for the server

jimmytrouser

Jul 29, 2019
Just started playing this pack a few days ago and I love the progression, this is how modded minecraft should be with mod integrating; so good job on that!

However, I don't understand how to make steel. It seems I need a blast furnace, but I need to get to the nether to do so, but I need steel to make a flint & steel to get there, am I missing something?

Is it simply finding a chest that contains steel to progress?

Thanks

Reactions: Pudding01

Elit3WolfPack

Jul 29, 2019
Just started playing this pack a few days ago and I love the progression, this is how modded minecraft should be with mod integrating; so good job on that!

However, I don't understand how to make steel. It seems I need a blast furnace, but I need to get to the nether to do so, but I need steel to make a flint & steel to get there, am I missing something?

Is it simply finding a chest that contains steel to progress?

Thanks
Unless the recipe broke in an update, the blast furnace should require stone bricks and seared bricks in a pressure chamber.

jimmytrouser

Jul 29, 2019
lbzQEEJ.png
I am having some trouble with tinkers, I cannot update the tool, what should I do?

I have tried putting it into a crafting window, but it doesn't update.

Pamelloes

Jul 29, 2019
lbzQEEJ.png

I am having some trouble with tinkers, I cannot update the tool, what should I do?

I have tried putting it into a crafting window, but it doesn't update.
Don't worry about it, the tool will still work fine. You can try and file a bug report with the TC people

jimmytrouser

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry about it, the tool will still work fine. You can try and file a bug report with the TC people

Thanks for the quick reply; I've changed the configs so I won't get emerald and diamond now, I feel it's a bit cheaty and ruins the point of the pack.

Tim Z

Jul 29, 2019
Did anyone find Tomatoes yet? If so where did you find them? I have been playing for about 2 weeks so far and have yet to find Tomatoes.

Pamelloes

Jul 29, 2019
Did anyone find Tomatoes yet? If so where did you find them? I have been playing for about 2 weeks so far and have yet to find Tomatoes.
You get them from gardens. Not sure which biome. If you can't find something, you can make the market block which allows you to exchange emeralds for any of Pam's seeds.

albertossic

Jul 29, 2019
Pff Pulverizer quest is broken too.... there are a lot of broken quest,
p0Pziqi.png
we need that update

EDIT: Redstone furnace broken too, i think all the tier is broken
I had that issue with another modpack, it is actually quite simple:
If you scroll through the crafting recipe types of the machines, you'll see another tab called "machinery" or something. You need to build the machines by that recipe to achieve the quest.
Problem is that this pack changes some of the recipes.

Reactions: Pudding01

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
I got a diamond modifier on my Hammer but I still can't get obsidian. Also, the is the quest line for the Neather (it's name is something along the lines of "into Hell") not done? Cause we need to go to the neather for some of the advanced tech quests (the solid fuel rail-craft thing) but that quest line is not open to me.

Edit: Oh... Never mind...

Last edited:

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
So... why doesn't the smeltary give additional metal for using it? It doesn't have to be 2x like default, just maybe have a 10% chance of getting double ore when melting down ores.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
So... why doesn't the smeltary give additional metal for using it? It doesn't have to be 2x like default, just maybe have a 10% chance of getting double ore when melting down ores.
because chances can't be done with the smeltery. You ALWAYS get a specified amount. And seeing as it is extremely early game, or doubling would just make the rest of the progression (to ore doubling) pointless