[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

ikkonoishi

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I am having trouble loading the Dark Triology Mod Pack. Here is the log: http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/3e16cb1c I appreciate any help I can get, I am trying to play with some family and friends across the country.

Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

You need to change your Java options. You seem to have the same amount of system memory I do so here are my settings.

Code:
-Xms2048m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc

Go into your launcher options tab and click the advanced options button. Paste that into your Additional Java Params replacing whatever is there.

Misclick

Jul 29, 2019
tfox83,

Has the recipe for a Master Blood Orb changed in your mod pack? I have a Tier 4 Blood Altar (confirmed with a Divination Sigil). When I throw on a Weak Blood Shard (item required per NEI and as described by the mod creator), nothing happens. No LP drained, no particle effects, no orb. The altar has had no problems making other items. I even tried rebuilding my altar from scratch, with no luck.

We just updated to 1.0.3 prior to me attempting to make the Master Blood Orb, if that makes a difference.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
tfox83,

Has the recipe for a Master Blood Orb changed in your mod pack? I have a Tier 4 Blood Altar (confirmed with a Divination Sigil). When I throw on a Weak Blood Shard (item required per NEI and as described by the mod creator), nothing happens. No LP drained, no particle effects, no orb. The altar has had no problems making other items. I even tried rebuilding my altar from scratch, with no luck.

We just updated to 1.0.3 prior to me attempting to make the Master Blood Orb, if that makes a difference.
Looking through the scripts, nothing seems to have changed in terms of Master Blood Orb creation. Check if your altar is the right tier.

Misclick

Jul 29, 2019
Looking through the scripts, nothing seems to have changed in terms of Master Blood Orb creation. Check if your altar is the right tier.
Already checked it with a Divination Sigil. I have a Tier 4 Blood Altar, and have successfully made other Tier 4 items (like dusk ink).

EDIT: It looks like an item ID issue on the Weak Blood Shard. #4731:7, and recipes just need #4731. I'll talk to our server guru and see if this is something he can fix on his end.

Last edited:

Poiasdope

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble to progress.

How do I get Steel? Normal Railcraft progression or is there another intended path?

Thanks!

JjStAr992_Gaming

Jul 29, 2019

How do I get Steel? Normal Railcraft progression or is there another intended path?

Thanks!
Railcraft Blast Furnace (use Coke Oven for Coal Coke if you want, bit I think charcoal's easier) makes it.
IC2 Blast Furnace makes it when you supply it with heat (eg. Electric Heat Generator) and 6 Compressed Air Cells (Empty Cells in a Compressor)
TE Induction Smelter makes with 1 ingot and 4 (I think) Coal Dust.

I know, steel is a pain to get. It's the whole reason I don't want to do TE :p

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks!

Railcraft Blast Furnace (use Coke Oven for Coal Coke if you want, bit I think charcoal's easier) makes it.
IC2 Blast Furnace makes it when you supply it with heat (eg. Electric Heat Generator) and 6 Compressed Air Cells (Empty Cells in a Compressor)

Tinker's Steelworks has the High Oven. If you've made the Smeltery, the High Oven is quite easy to make. It does require quite a bit of time to warm up, and also has the additional cost of gunpowder redstone and sugar, but once it's hot, it cooks pretty fast, so I'd recommend doing large batches and then letting the fire die down.

JjStAr992_Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
Just noticed I can't make an Autarchic Gate from BC. Tried with a gate, pulsating chipset, iron chipset and a redstone chipset in there but it doesn't show the option to make an Autarchic Gate.

Any ideas?

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, you need an integration table next to you laser setup put a basic gate and pulsating chipset in there

Poiasdope

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks! What I mean is that I can't make a Machien Frame without steel so getting an Induction Smelter and maybe the Blast Furnace impossible unless I find some steel ingots as loot. So yeah, I guess it will be from the Railcraft way at first :)

Hirix

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! What I mean is that I can't make a Machien Frame without steel so getting an Induction Smelter and maybe the Blast Furnace impossible unless I find some steel ingots as loot. So yeah, I guess it will be from the Railcraft way at first :)
What I did was search around dungeon and village chests and got a steel block to make the Induction Smelter

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had problems with the smeltary in TDT?

The objects I put into it smelt all the way to almost finished then never finish. The tank is also full of lava.

Also when it was making liquid it would take around 2 minutes to completely pour liquid into a cast.

This didn't happen until I finished my base, and the smeltary worked in areas far from my base. I'm thinking an object within my base bugged the smeltary.

JourneymanJ

Jul 29, 2019
Just a minor thing: I don't see any bee particles coming from my apiaries. Particles are set to full. Any ideas?