[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

M

Meps

What are the sources for slime balls? There any mob that drop this? any specific place to find them?

A

AlexanderDario

What are the sources for slime balls? There any mob that drop this? any specific place to find them?

Dungeon Slimes in the 2nd level of the dungeon are a good source for slimeballs for me... At the moment is the only mob I remember

M

Meps

Dungeon Slimes in the 2nd level of the dungeon are a good source for slimeballs for me... At the moment is the only mob I remember
You're talking about those with a white/treated wood tower as a entry? A steel gear is enough to deal with it alone? Btw, I found a cave while mining with a bunch of maze slimes and I got a full stack. Thanks for the hint.

M

mamidd

Guys only an help! Someone can suggest me how to farm a lot of ores in this modpack? It's really difficult! I have a pigman farm but i can have only a lot of brass and nothing more. Any suggestions?

Other question is how to improve steel ingot production. It's really really slow! What can i do? What machinery or trick can i use?

S

Selfknockout

"27 Apr 16"
We've run into a little problem. We're unable to craft the necromancy altar because we can't obtain vanilla planks. Has anyone circumvented this?

"06 Aug 16"
Necromancy Minion body parts are now craftable in the BC Assembly Table. Searching for "Clockwork Minions" in NEI should show a list of which parts are available. I will be putting together a video later on how to assemble the multiblock summoning altar using TFP parts.

... come on pls when u will tell us how to make the altar :'( after so much month something got fixed and necromancy still forgotten?

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
Guys only an help! Someone can suggest me how to farm a lot of ores in this modpack? It's really difficult! I have a pigman farm but i can have only a lot of brass and nothing more. Any suggestions?

Other question is how to improve steel ingot production. It's really really slow! What can i do? What machinery or trick can i use?

Use the blast furnaces/coke oven setup

W

WhyldH

Hello !
Excuse me to bother you, but I'd rather enjoy testing this modpack, but my game doesn't seem to let me do this ...
So here is the crash report it sends me when I'm trying to launch the game :

Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException: The following block entry in TFCOre.cfg is invalid: tfctech:Ore4
    at com.bioxx.tfc.WorldGen.Generators.OreSpawnData.<init>(OreSpawnData.java:28)
    at com.bioxx.tfc.WorldGen.Generators.OreSpawnData.<init>(OreSpawnData.java:54)
    at com.bioxx.tfc.Core.Config.TFC_ConfigFiles.getOreData(TFC_ConfigFiles.java:557)
    at com.bioxx.tfc.Core.Config.TFC_ConfigFiles.reloadOres(TFC_ConfigFiles.java:539)
    at com.bioxx.tfc.TerraFirmaCraft.postInit(TerraFirmaCraft.java:224)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:532)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:212)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:190)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:742)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:311)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:552)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:878)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

Hope someone could help me with this. :)

A

AlexanderDario

I have a question: how can I farm tin? I have really bad luck in finding cassiterite and I've already used sieve for obtaining 1-2 ingots from nuggets... but it's so slow to do like this... Any suggestion? Maybe some mob drop tin?

A

Animar

Found two problems
1. Railcraft Blast furnace ignores stack requirement on dusts as it did on Iron bevor iron Lump step was added (confirmed for Gold, Copper and Tin)
2. As there is no legal* way to obtain Obsidian blocks it is impossible to craft Railcraft world anchors.
-- Since they are our only Chunkloaders atm (beside a BC-Quarry) automating outposts is not possible. I'd like to use one on my Oil Pump side and one anchor cart on my train to get that precious oil to my base.

*well you can get moss Cobblestone from reward bags wich can be turned into normal cobblestone in the enrichmentchamber to be furhter processed in the combiner with obsidian dust from basalt. All thanks to mekanism.

Could you also add high carbon black, blue and red steel to the Railcraft blast furnace as high carbon steel to steel already is.

PS: you should update Immersive Engeneering form 7.4 to 7.7 they fixed the weird Light level issues on multiblocks, I did it manually and hadn't any problems so far.

PPPS: Mekanism needs some balancing in means of resources it's cheap for what it does.

Edidt: Railcraft basic chest cart isn't craftable, ist that intentional ? Using steves cart to make simple crago carts seems overdue.

Last edited:
X

_Xann

I encountered a bug similar to the one about pigs posted some time before, but with cows. All of a sudden, all of the cows in my world - every last freakin' one - became babies, and got stuck there. They didn't grow up, produce milk, or deliver the babies that they themselves were pregnant with. Couldn't even get any meat from them, either.

The only thing I can think of as to what could've caused this is that I mucked about with the config folder for my world's year length not long before I noticed this. Would this have been enough to cause the issue? Also, if anyone could investigate this and come up with a hotfix or a tweak, I would be extremely grateful, as I'm sure many others would be.

Edit: On further inspection, it looks like it was just the ones that had been spawned before I made the config change. I just flew around until I made some new cows spawn, and they're perfectly average cows. Was it the config or am I confusing coincidence with evidence?

Last edited:
S

StarFrost

My friend and I are at our wits end with the steam heater due to some difference between original Flaxbeard's and Terrafirmapunk 2.0. We tried every possible way described in the wiki to connect it to a furnace and built up a large steam supply but it wont heat the oven. Is there some trick or difference that we need to know about this in order to get steamed food? Any help is welcome and appreciated, thank you for your time and efforts!

S

StarFrost

I have a question: how can I farm tin? I have really bad luck in finding cassiterite and I've already used sieve for obtaining 1-2 ingots from nuggets... but it's so slow to do like this... Any suggestion? Maybe some mob drop tin?
I had to travel around a bit and search for chunks on the ground where I marked the locations for future digs. So far the ore seams are some depth directly under those chunks you can find so always mark the location before grabbing it all. With enough of these locations to pick from and careful use of the tin I could grab, using the least tin per ingot etc. I was able to squeeze through the bronze age by making just an anvil / hammer before pushing for iron age. My only real suggestion though is scavenge steam parts to make a boiler and refilling station for any steam tools you come across, they were the only thing I had to get the tin and iron and it was a game changer when I finally got it together. Hope that this helps at least a little!

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
wow.. don't know how I never saw this modpack. It looks good enough to actually make me wanna play TFC.. but notice it comes with Lycanite's mobs, which while I do like the mod itself, having 100+ unkillable mob spawns that pester you all night and kill you in the morning are no fun.. Can they be disabled for this pack in the config? Or, have they been tweaked heavily for it?

S

StarFrost

wow.. don't know how I never saw this modpack. It looks good enough to actually make me wanna play TFC.. but notice it comes with Lycanite's mobs, which while I do like the mod itself, having 100+ unkillable mob spawns that pester you all night and kill you in the morning are no fun.. Can they be disabled for this pack in the config? Or, have they been tweaked heavily for it?
Not sure if you want to as they might drop things that cant be found or easily made, at least early on when the going is tough. Most of the mobs you encounter on the surface (aside from dungeons and in the high mountains) are easy enough to kill with basic stone gear if you remember to side step (double tap a direction) at the right moments or use the terrain to your advantage. You can climb 3 high blocks without jumping or more if you charge up a full jump, and that can make all the difference. Trust me, once you get used to it and learn which mobs you can handle and how, the challenge just makes it even more fun.

P.S. If you want a better chance, focus on getting enough string to make a ExNihilo sieve and start sifting though any gravel for poniard blades and arrow heads. You can use stone to make arrow heads but they do much less damage and with the long bow drawn for a full 5 seconds, you will find yourself thinking you really could take down anything!

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if you want to as they might drop things that cant be found or easily made, at least early on when the going is tough. Most of the mobs you encounter on the surface (aside from dungeons and in the high mountains) are easy enough to kill with basic stone gear if you remember to side step (double tap a direction) at the right moments or use the terrain to your advantage. You can climb 3 high blocks without jumping or more if you charge up a full jump, and that can make all the difference. Trust me, once you get used to it and learn which mobs you can handle and how, the challenge just makes it even more fun.

P.S. If you want a better chance, focus on getting enough string to make a ExNihilo sieve and start sifting though any gravel for poniard blades and arrow heads. You can use stone to make arrow heads but they do much less damage and with the long bow drawn for a full 5 seconds, you will find yourself thinking you really could take down anything!

Last modpack I used Lycans mod in.. About 20 or so high-end mobs spawned in the night, burned down my house, and then attacked me and 1 shoted me.. While, I like the modpack as I said. I think having 100+ HP 1 shottable damage dealing mobs spawning on your first night are a bit insane. It made me delete the modpack and not wanna touch it again. I mean, I don't mind challenge, but insanity is just, not my idea of fun.

S

StarFrost

Last modpack I used Lycans mod in.. About 20 or so high-end mobs spawned in the night, burned down my house, and then attacked me and 1 shoted me.. While, I like the modpack as I said. I think having 100+ HP 1 shottable damage dealing mobs spawning on your first night are a bit insane. It made me delete the modpack and not wanna touch it again. I mean, I don't mind challenge, but insanity is just, not my idea of fun.
Ouch! Well you might see a large number of zombies or other mobs spawn at night around your house but I have yet to encounter any that can break blocks or burn down your home. Mine is made of wood so that would end badly and quickly, but if they are still in this modpack then at least they don't spawn around you on the surface in most places I have tried to live. I feel like this modpack's mobs are nicely balanced really, with the easy to manage ones being the only ones you encounter until you go actually looking for trouble. I say you should give it a shot, just keep in mind that the learning curve at first is HARD so expect to die a few times before you even master making your first tools unless you are already used to that little task. Oh! Almost forgot, if you are in real trouble and see a 1 high hole somewhere, just hold ctrl+shift while moving towards it to climb right in. Nothing except 1 high critters will be able to get you and you can just poke their knees until they die! XD

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
Ouch! Well you might see a large number of zombies or other mobs spawn at night around your house but I have yet to encounter any that can break blocks or burn down your home. Mine is made of wood so that would end badly and quickly, but if they are still in this modpack then at least they don't spawn around you on the surface in most places I have tried to live. I feel like this modpack's mobs are nicely balanced really, with the easy to manage ones being the only ones you encounter until you go actually looking for trouble. I say you should give it a shot, just keep in mind that the learning curve at first is HARD so expect to die a few times before you even master making your first tools unless you are already used to that little task. Oh! Almost forgot, if you are in real trouble and see a 1 high hole somewhere, just hold ctrl+shift while moving towards it to climb right in. Nothing except 1 high critters will be able to get you and you can just poke their knees until they die! XD

yeah, noticed smart moving was in here.. One of the biggest issues I have with TFC though, is that whole latitude thing. The whole -15,000 is supposed to be the US. I found an island that's like -12,000 and it's a practical subartic zone.

S

StarFrost

yeah, noticed smart moving was in here.. One of the biggest issues I have with TFC though, is that whole latitude thing. The whole -15,000 is supposed to be the US. I found an island that's like -12,000 and it's a practical subartic zone.
I just dont pay attention to that sort of thing and just try to enjoy each experience as its own thing. Sometimes I start with cows and all the metals I could want but lacking other things results in a different paths of progress, like right now I am stuck in what looks like the fjords so food lasts a long time but I will have to make a LONG trip if I ever want that sweet sweet milk... soy cheese is not dairy, I don't care what the vegetarians told you.

If you manage to get to the steam age and get the whole steamed food thing working, do please let me know... Its driving me nuts!

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
I just dont pay attention to that sort of thing and just try to enjoy each experience as its own thing. Sometimes I start with cows and all the metals I could want but lacking other things results in a different paths of progress, like right now I am stuck in what looks like the fjords so food lasts a long time but I will have to make a LONG trip if I ever want that sweet sweet milk... soy cheese is not dairy, I don't care what the vegetarians told you.

If you manage to get to the steam age and get the whole steamed food thing working, do please let me know... Its driving me nuts!

I still haven't gotten past the 'Find someplace that you might wanna setup in' phase. So far, it's just been running, and dieing, and running. and ooh small metal nugget on the ground phase.