[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Dedicated server report:

* Still does not have the universal for forge and does not automatically use the installer. Therefore, you have to know that you have to run it yourself and have it put forge into the same directory your running the installer from.

* Still does not download the libraries.

* Server is still using [1.7.10]TFCTech-0.2.1-A6 and TerraFirmaPunkTweaks-1.7.10.1.12 and bspkrsCore-universal-6.15

(instead of TFCTech-0.2.3-A8 and TerraFirmaPunkTweaks-1.7.10.1.13b and bspkrsCore-universal-6.16)

So after copying all the necessary stuff, running it, copying the correct TFCTech into the directory, and then copying my world directory and associated server.properties file... it works!

EDIT: Um. Sorta. Opening the hardcore quest book seems to have locked up Minecraft. Trying it in a fresh world.
Not sure what your trying to say ...

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
I just tested getting wacked by a minotaur, and hedge spider in every possible chest piece. I took the same damage with every single chest piece, I also took the same damage without the chest piece. Is there no way to reduce damage?
Also what's the best way people have found for taking on dungeons. It seems more then two mobs as your lucky if you survive. Then your health takes so long to recover you have to retreat and try again. I've tried guns but they take too long to reload, halberd is okay but those ninja mountain trolls have such long reach and hit like a truck.

Last edited:
C

Cralis

Not sure what your trying to say ...

Exactly what I wrote. In order for the "download server" to work properly, it needs to have forge universal pre-installed into the directory, it needs to download the libraries if they aren't included, and I was pointing out that it had THREE outdated mods instead of the newer versions you get when you launch the modpack to play it.

I'm just trying to help you know what the "download server" dedicated server has wrong that will keep players from just being able to download it and play it. I have put together a hundred different servers (including customized server packs) so it's not a problem for me to make it work. MOST players won't be able to do that. Of course, most will only play singleplayer or on other people's dedicated servers too :)

Just trying to help. You asked for a list of what needs to be fixed, and for the _current_ download of the dedicated server, that's the list.

P.S. I also need to add another item:

* The config.txt is still pointing to forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448 instead of the newer forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1566 that the installer will install. So a new player, even if he downloads forge and copies libraries, the server start batch file will not work because it will be looking for the wrong version of forge.

C

Cralis

AND I don't know why, but with the dedicated server, opening the hardcore quest book locks the client (but not the server).

Confirmed with a new server and new world.

Reactions: OneWolfe
O

Obuw

Not jump off high cliffs? Seriously. Don't jump. Go around. Find another way. Or just don't go that way. I rarely, if ever, take any fall damage. Usually it's because some inconsiderate zombtard threw me off or some skelehole shot me off the side when when they (rarely) sneak up on me.

Once I get the pick, I can usually just cut a path down the side of a cliff. Then I'm just back to the zombtard and skelehole problem.

It's more of an issue once you get a jetpack. :p

It's like; 3 blocks - no problem. 3.5 blocks - BAM 350 damage! (Guesstimate numbers)

I just tested getting wacked by a minotaur, and hedge spider in every possible chest piece. I took the same damage with every single chest piece, I also took the same damage without the chest piece. Is there no way to reduce damage?
Also what's the best way people have found for taking on dungeons. It seems more then two mobs as your lucky if you survive. Then your health takes so long to recover you have to retreat and try again. I've tried guns but they take too long to reload, halberd is okay but those ninja mountain trolls have such long reach and hit like a truck.

Combat damage is a bit messed up, like you do 300 damage, and enemies with 10 armor (super high in vanilla) just take 290 damage. Tech armor like the exosuit don't reduce damage at all. Best to just kill everything with the bow, and hold onto your levels. I have 2600+ hp from being level 55-ish.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly what I wrote. In order for the "download server" to work properly, it needs to have forge universal pre-installed into the directory, it needs to download the libraries if they aren't included, and I was pointing out that it had THREE outdated mods instead of the newer versions you get when you launch the modpack to play it.

I'm just trying to help you know what the "download server" dedicated server has wrong that will keep players from just being able to download it and play it. I have put together a hundred different servers (including customized server packs) so it's not a problem for me to make it work. MOST players won't be able to do that. Of course, most will only play singleplayer or on other people's dedicated servers too :)

Just trying to help. You asked for a list of what needs to be fixed, and for the _current_ download of the dedicated server, that's the list.

P.S. I also need to add another item:

* The config.txt is still pointing to forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1448 instead of the newer forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1566 that the installer will install. So a new player, even if he downloads forge and copies libraries, the server start batch file will not work because it will be looking for the wrong version of forge.

Sounds more like I should stop bothering to offer a server download at all.

theluckyone17

Jul 29, 2019
I'll double check the download when I get home tonight. I had tossed a copy onto my old MC server, and outside of the forge install issues (installer hates headless Linux servers), I had no problems. I'll double check the included mod versions when I get home from work tonight.

Edit: I am having a problem with a lack of mobs spawning, probably a config issue somewhere. Not horribly concerned, I'll hunt it down.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

C

Cralis

Sounds more like I should stop bothering to offer a server download at all.

That would be unfortunate. Without the server code, I can't build a dedicated server, and I'd have to find a new mod pack to play. I guess I'm confused why you asked for us to help by building you a list of things that need fixing, and when I build you that list, you say you aren't going to do it anymore.

Reactions: jdog1408

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
That would be unfortunate. Without the server code, I can't build a dedicated server, and I'd have to find a new mod pack to play. I guess I'm confused why you asked for us to help by building you a list of things that need fixing, and when I build you that list, you say you aren't going to do it anymore.

I just do not have any clue what you are saying :(

That and FTB keeps screwing me over and disabling the download button :p

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I'm confused why you asked for us to help by building you a list of things that need fixing, and when I build you that list, you say you aren't going to do it anymore.

I said "Send me a list of all the in game items that cause fatal crashes" :p

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019

Just to clarify ... I know absolutely nothing about setting up a server so most of what you have said is completely lost on me. I just cannot help every set up their servers. I have only ever used rented servers. If its more complicated than selecting which java to use and dumping the mods in the right folder than I wont even bother. I am very frustrated that FTB keeps loosing the download files and I am seriously ready to just give up on the whole. Its just not worth my time to compile and upload two separate packs just so that no one can get to the files and they don't work even if they do.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
AND I don't know why, but with the dedicated server, opening the hardcore quest book locks the client (but not the server).

Confirmed with a new server and new world.

Thanks for pointing this out to me. I remember having this issue about a year ago. There was a problem when the server and client HQM were just slightly out of sync and the server would just kick the player. But if the player was OP it wouldn't crash them. The first place I would look is the hqm config to see if the server sync option is set. But that's all I know at this point :(

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
Just to clarify ... I know absolutely nothing about setting up a server so most of what you have said is completely lost on me. I just cannot help every set up their servers. I have only ever used rented servers. If its more complicated than selecting which java to use and dumping the mods in the right folder than I wont even bother. I am very frustrated that FTB keeps loosing the download files and I am seriously ready to just give up on the whole. Its just not worth my time to compile and upload two separate packs just so that no one can get to the files and they don't work even if they do.
Please don't give up. If some part is frustrating you perhaps you could delegate that to someone. I can understand being overwhelmed trying to manage a pack with so many people just throwing up the issues they are having and you trying to sort it out and fix it. I am impressed as I know that changing TFC is difficult and you've changed it so much with mods not meant for it, that it has a totally different look and feel. The progression is nicely done and it feels pretty balanced. Right now it just needs some polish and kinks taken out which you are making great progress on.

Reactions: theluckyone17

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone figured out how to grow watermelons. I can't find vanilla dirt, even though I have a vanilla hoe. I've looked into exNilo barrels and I've got 6 stone from gathering cobble from necromancer quest but can not locate a half slab for the stone barrel. Tried mixing lava and water but that gives me ryholite.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Please don't give up. If some part is frustrating you perhaps you could delegate that to someone. I can understand being overwhelmed trying to manage a pack with so many people just throwing up the issues they are having and you trying to sort it out and fix it. I am impressed as I know that changing TFC is difficult and you've changed it so much with mods not meant for it, that it has a totally different look and feel. The progression is nicely done and it feels pretty balanced. Right now it just needs some polish and kinks taken out which you are making great progress on.

Not giving up on the pack, just don't know anything about servers and getting sick of the server download link always being broken the day after every update :p
Besides if your setting up a home server you already know ten times more than I do :p

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone figured out how to grow watermelons. I can't find vanilla dirt, even though I have a vanilla hoe. I've looked into exNilo barrels and I've got 6 stone from gathering cobble from necromancer quest but can not locate a half slab for the stone barrel. Tried mixing lava and water but that gives me ryholite.

So melons arnt growing in TFC dirt or farmland? I really wanted to remove all access to any kind of vanilla dirt, so I might have to come up with another way for players to get melon slices ...

Last edited:
O

Obuw

Yeah I couldn't grow melons either. Also still haven't seen any vanilla carrots or potatoes.

As for setting up a server, I don't ever bother with the server download button on ftb anyway, on most packs I tried it's outdated or broken somehow. Just copying over the mods folder to the server, and removing the client-only mods (e.g. custom main menu) has always worked for me.

Reactions: OneWolfe

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
So melons arnt growing in TFC dirt or farmland? I really wanted to remove all access to any kind of vanilla dirt, so I might have to come up with another way for players to get melon slices ...
well you could change the recipe for fertilized dirt which would not give you vanilla dirt. Or in basic bags and chest loot. But you already have to chug 10 of them to heal up at level 1 with low life.

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
well you could change the recipe for fertilized dirt which would not give you vanilla dirt. Or in basic bags and chest loot.

Like the humus from forestry? That will work for vanilla foods, but I don't know what other effects it might have on the game.