[1.7.10] Space Astronomy [Space] [HQM] [Tech] *DONT POST ISSUES HERE*

Who would be interested in joining a offical server for this mod pack?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaW1337

Jul 29, 2019
The Tier 2 rocket should take you to Mars, where you'll find the Tier 3 rocket plans. https://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Tier_2_Rocket

I feel your pain, though. I really like the idea of Galacticraft, but there are parts of it I really dislike. I don't like having to wait around twiddling my thumbs for meteors to land so I can mine them. I also cleared about a dozen moon dungeons looking for that Tier 2 rocket plan, but only found moon buggy plans. I eventually cheated one in because it just wasn't fun. I was initially really interested in checking out all of these planets and seeing all the bosses, but now I'm not sure.
Place few chunk loaders on moon so the meteorites keep falling. Use mimichite to double the output of meteoric ingots. Use more mimichite (you can find a lot in nether) to double the meteoric ingots from meteoric ingots..

Regarding dungeons - I found tier 2 rocket plans in the first dungeon, so you're just unlucky. use moon buggy or staff of traveling (or the ender with travel enchant) + journeymap to find them quickly.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Place few chunk loaders on moon so the meteorites keep falling. Use mimichite to double the output of meteoric ingots. Use more mimichite (you can find a lot in nether) to double the meteoric ingots from meteoric ingots..

These are good suggestions. I had some mimichite already so did manage to double what I brought back. I probably should have chunkloaded my base while I was pillaging dungeons.

Regarding dungeons - I found tier 2 rocket plans in the first dungeon, so you're just unlucky. use moon buggy or staff of traveling (or the ender with travel enchant) + journeymap to find them quickly.

This was not my first time playing GC and having this same streak of luck. I had fast flight so moving around wasn't that difficult. But it still takes time for the world to render while flying at those speeds, and like I said, after about a dozen boss kills (plus half a dozen broken dungeons without a boss, ugh), this was just monotony. I don't mind grind, but it was silly. Anyway, this is totally not the fault of MJR. I don't understand why the GC mod dev made the buggy drop so high and the rocket drop so low. I would have done it the other way around, but meh.

I'm still pushing on to further explorations! I've done Mars before, but never tried any of the addons, so looking forward to those destinations.

Wolf68k

Jul 29, 2019
Why do we have to make 2 ME Controllers?
The HQM says "Craft 2 ME Controllers, these are used so that you can connect more than 8 channels to your ME System."
The ME Controller can do 8 channels per side, or 32 channels per side with dense cable which you give us. While more ME Controllers are help later on, the logic by the way this is worded just doesn't make any sense.

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
I'm Surprised that there are People Who Follow the Quests so Strictly.
I just joined, threw the Book away, started making a Atomic Disassembler, then a Base... then the rest Followed xD

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the pack! one of the few which managed to keep me interested over a month already.
Dang I want to fly a rocket, but need some other "stuffs" done.

I went for advanced genetics first. Flying, water breathing and fire resist best combo in my book.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
As much as I complained about the difficulty of finding the Galacticraft dungeons on the Moon... well, Mars was the exact opposite experience. I was very easily able to find 2 dungeons and get 2 different Schematics on Mars within just a few minutes.

The difference is, on Mars, the dungeon "shafts" go all the way to the surface and break thru. So on the minimap, you just need to look for a small area of black dots which is the surface opening down to the dungeon. However, on Moon, those dungeon shafts do not always break thru to the surface (one did, but 2 others did not) so they were not visible on the minimap at all.

Perhaps I was just unlucky on Moon and lucky on Mars, I don't know. But that's my experience so far.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Follow the quest book

The Quest Book is incomplete and/or out of order (out of place).

In my book, I get quests for Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 4 rocket. But even tho I've completed the Tier 2 Rocket quest and turned it in, nothing showed up for a Tier 3 Rocket quest.

Also, the Tier 2 Rocket quest says nothing. There is no information there of any value. It doesn't tell us to go to Mars and find the Tier 3 Rocket quest. I just fired up my Tier 2 rocket and went to Mars on my own, because that's what other players told me to do.

So I'm left looking at a completed Tier 2 quest that leads nowhere, and a Tier 4 Rocket quest which I cannot possibly even begin until I learn what I'm supposed to do with the Tier 3.

I know there MUST be a Tier 3 Rocket quest in the quest book... and so even tho I've obtained the Tier 3 Rocket Schematic, I'm smart enough to know that I cannot use it yet... because if I place it into the NASA machine, then the Schematic will disappear forever... and then when the Tier 3 Rocket quest DOES pop up in the Quest Book at a future time and date, then I'll be "sheet out of luck". LOL I won't be able to turn in the Schematic and get credit for completing the quest because it will be gone.

So here I am, with a Tier 3 Rocket Schematic, and unable to proceed until I figure out why the Tier 3 Rocket quest isn't showing yet.

But that's really not even my biggest problem at the moment... it's trying to find this "Desh" stuff... the quest book isn't saying anything about Desh yet, which is probably related to that missing quest for the Tier 3 Rocket, amirite?

So where did I go wrong in my "Quest" for planetary fame and glory? :) What am I missing, or what other quests do I need to do first?

Last edited:

SaW1337

Jul 29, 2019
While we're talking about quests... How do you unlock Explore the Universe chapter? I've been to 3 planets so far and the chapter is still locked, can't do quests.

EDIT: Protip - Use flamethrower against 'creeper boss'. The TNT he's throwing explodes in his face at the same time he throws them, so basically risk-free.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I'm Surprised that there are People Who Follow the Quests so Strictly.
I just joined, threw the Book away, started making a Atomic Disassembler, then a Base... then the rest Followed xD

I had a vajra on day 2(real world) from doing stuff in the quest book. Powering it on the other hand might take awhile since I don't feel like doing any ic2 at the moment.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
While we're talking about quests... How do you unlock Explore the Universe chapter? I've been to 3 planets so far and the chapter is still locked, can't do quests.

EDIT: Protip - Use flamethrower against 'creeper boss'. The TNT he's throwing explodes in his face at the same time he throws them, so basically risk-free.

I was totally baffled at first, I was clicking and clicking but doing zero damage... eventually I discovered that if I clicked my sword at the right moment, the TNT blocks would reflect back at the creeper. So I used the jetpack to hover over his head and reflect the TNT straight down so they exploded at his feet and that did the trick.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019

Unlocked for me by doing the galacticraft quest line under 2. Machines & Equipment that starts with the circuit fab. Specifically I think it was the "Eating in Space" quest.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
how do you enchant the quarryplus? even in creative testing the enchant mover isn't working.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
how do you enchant the quarryplus? even in creative testing the enchant mover isn't working.

You put the enchant on a diamond pickaxe and then use the mover to switch it from the pick to the quarry.

UPDATE: I just tested this in my world today, moved Efficiency V from a diamond pick to a QuarryPlus, no problem.

Last edited:

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
When I put an ae2 stuff's block my game crash. Why this?

You need to (a) post a link to the crash report here, and (b) check MJRLegends' github for known issues similar to this crash you're having with this block. Also, don't post issues here, please report them via his github.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

itssnowing

Jul 29, 2019
Shouldn't Sync be removed from the mods list?

I'm sad to hear it's buggy, I was looking forwards to trying it :c