[1.7.10] Space Astronomy [Space] [HQM] [Tech] *DONT POST ISSUES HERE*

Who would be interested in joining a offical server for this mod pack?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
U

Unistic

why would you use a IC² Reactor when Mek. has OP Turbines with a Cute Animation and their own Steam Boilers? (which i still don't get)
but otehr than that, nice System :D

Lol because I've already built a mek fusion reactor with the turbine and a max size induction matrix to store it in all located at my first base. This is the 4th base I'm building and I like to power each base with their own power source and I hate using the same power source for each base. This base is currently powered using tesseracts from the main base until i finish all the mods for it to run itself on its own power source. Just for me using the same power source or sharing power sources for the same mod is so boring. I've built a mining base that is powered by all IE machines (lightning rods). So I just like variety :D

Don't judge me, I'm currently working on this base still got along way to go. Planning on using Gendustry upstairs for resources. This is only the first floor though, the basment and upstairs and the outside is still a huge work in progress.

2016-07-22_17.29.40.png 2016-07-22_17.29.51.png 2016-07-22_17.30.03.png 2016-07-22_17.30.11.png 2016-07-22_17.30.26.png 2016-07-22_17.30.16.png

Last edited:

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
Whatever floats your boat.
I personally go for Efficiency which means that when i found some System that Works good, it can be hard for me to Switch that System or even see people use Other Systems with Less Efficiency.
Warning, Text Wall about 1 thing i kinda like about IC².
but a good thing about that IC² Reactor might be that what IRL noone wants!

Plutonium! 18 Plutonium are enough to craft 6 Pellets of RTG Fuel, which can be used inside a "Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator" (i love that word) to Produce a constant 32 EU/t (makes 128 RF/t) which isn't much, but hey... Infinite Power.

"Thermoelectric Generators" use the Temperature Difference between 2 sides to Generate Electricity. The Higher the Difference, the More Power, and The "Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator" uses the heat of Radioactive Materials.
Plutonium-238 has a half-life of 87.7 years, reasonable power density of 0.54 watts per gram.
and since they are used in Satellites, they use the Heat of the Material... and the Cold of Space.

I really wish that thing would Poison Everything around it and Output more Power...
luckly, the Config has that Option.

Last edited:

SaW1337

Jul 29, 2019
3 Steel Ingots, and 2 Sticks....
how can that Bug out?
hmmp, weird

Not sure.. Realized it's a bug when I was unable to make iron pickaxe (which I knew how to make).

EDIT: Where can I find the rates (or calculator) for power conversion? Like how much EU is 1kJ, etc.. If there's no calculator, I can make one (web).

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Ever heard of teh Oxygen Sealer? :V
It takes 160 O²/sec and Can Fill a total Volume of ~800-1000 m³.
Multiple Sealers near Eachother will Add their Volume allowing to Seal Entire Bases.
Also, the Oxygen Bubble Generator is meant for Temporary Use, you should Necessarily not build a Base with it. : P

Ok, thanks. That's why I asked my question! No, I did not know about Oxygen Sealer, but that's what I was hoping to hear - there IS indeed a block that will "seal" a building and fill it with oxygen.

I assume the Oxygen Sealer will be described in the Quest Book, but I probably got ahead of myself. Without the Quest Book (and without this modpack), I would NEVER EVER have figured out the Galacticraft mod on my own. That's exactly why I'm playing this pack, so I can learn the mod.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Another Galacticraft Question:
How do I rotate the mod's blocks?

When I place the Oxygen Compressor, for instance... there's a green box for power cable connection, and on the opposite side is a different color connection for the oxygen piping connection. I cannot figure out any way to swap the connections, so I always have to place the Oxygen Compressor down in a certain way. If I place it so the sides are reversed, nothing works of course. The sides do not automatically rotate or connect. I find this frustrating. Is there a "Galacticraft wrench" or some other tool/method used to rotate GC's blocks?

P

PatGaming1005

Is there any Computercraft Pro and can me say how I start a program via cable on a Monitor ?

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
Hey, @MJRLegends , I'm back again. I'm always watching for updates to this pack (one of my favorite packs of course). I notice Ztones is a possibility that's great I can get back into the pack just to be a Lair (Ztones Lair blocks).

I got more suggestions for you to ignore, It wouldn't be a post if I didn't :D

Did you think about readding rotarycraft/reactorcraft/electrical. I know reactorcraft might be a hassle on your public server ir everyone built a fusion reactor. You could disable some parts. Idk some people view those mods as hard. I like them plus if an endgame user has nothing left to do they can learn a few new mods :D

Also you can't really build a lair without something to control,view and operate it all from a single room.

Have you thought about adding Nuclear Controls 2 and possible RF Tools (I know you said no to RF Tools cause of dimensions etc) but just for the screens :D

Nuclear Controls 2: monitoring AE System/Crafting / 5x5 IC2 Fluid Reactor / Railcraft Tanks

View attachment 28746

RF Tools Screen: Being used as a List/ But I'm going to create another RF Tools Screen that's touch screen to turn off/on the reactor, mob spawners, emergency power, launch galaticraft cargo rockets, etc.

View attachment 28744

These mods are easy to set up as well. No super LUA knowledged needed which would be the case to do something like this in ComputerCraft or OpenComputers. Just some suggestions for your amazing tech theme pack. Please feel free to ignore :D
Thanks for your suggestions but i will not be adding these mods atm

P

PatGaming1005

I think maybe you can update the modpack with the new Mekanism Version?
It contains a own reactor and many new thinks!

W

WigoWam

Are you referring to mekanism v9? Because, the pack already has mek v8, and people already have made reactors with it

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
no idea what you are talking about
this Pack HAS Mek. v9. And Reactors where there since.... idk how Long.
what i want is that ALL Mods are being Updated next Version.
Ender IO is to Outdated, teh Weatehr Obelisk doesn't work.

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
no idea what you are talking about
this Pack HAS Mek. v9. And Reactors where there since.... idk how Long.
what i want is that ALL Mods are being Updated next Version.
Ender IO is to Outdated, teh Weatehr Obelisk doesn't work.
yeah theres a reason to why ender io is outdated