[1.7.10] Space Astronomy [Space] [HQM] [Tech] *DONT POST ISSUES HERE*

Who would be interested in joining a offical server for this mod pack?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kairee

Jul 29, 2019
Out of curiosity, are Reika's mods scheduled to be updated soon in this pack? Seeing that very aggressive popup every time I log in is becoming frustrating since you have to take steps to close it, and those steps do not work if you're using a mac as I am.

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
Out of curiosity, are Reika's mods scheduled to be updated soon in this pack? Seeing that very aggressive popup every time I log in is becoming frustrating since you have to take steps to close it, and those steps do not work if you're using a mac as I am.
Yeah they will be updated in the next update for the mod pack, just i've been busy to get the update out

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
I recently had an odd encounter. Not bad, or a problem, just odd. Never seen anything like it in other modpacks, even ones that have many of the same mods as this one.

There was an island I found not far from the shore. I was scoping it out as a base location when I discovered it has 3 fairly decent-sized ponds made entirely of resonant ender! Just as if it was water. Additionally, enderman spawns on this island are WAY above normal. I watched Journeymap plot hostile mobs in the caves under it, and it was mostly endermen, with a relatively small helping of other vanilla hostile mobs as a seasoning.

Needless to say, this island is slowly getting WRECKED every night. However, I am setting up shop on a smaller satellite island, as these resources in such abundance are just too good to pass up.

Anyone have any ideas what mod causes this sort of thing?

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Chromaticraft! That figures, I've never seen that in another pack. It's such a strange one! Very hard to make head or tail of at the moment since it's not in NEI, but it seems interesting.

Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: MJRLegends

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
With the update to Reika's mods, those who are on Java 8 will experience a crash. This is actually explained in the crash log, as Reika anticipated it and put in code to explain in the crash dump.

You must add -XX:+UseG1GC to the 'additional java arguments' in the FTB launcher's java configuration.
Yeah this is correct but shouldn't be posted in this thread!!!

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
For the lava power quest, is the pump universally accepting of all pumps or just IC2's pump? I will get into IC2 if I need to, but it is easier to make a Buildcraft pump and go from there. Not that resources are a problem with the generous ore gen.

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
For the lava power quest, is the pump universally accepting of all pumps or just IC2's pump? I will get into IC2 if I need to, but it is easier to make a Buildcraft pump and go from there. Not that resources are a problem with the generous ore gen.
IC2's pump only

B

bruiser4000

So Me and my mate started a little world of our own and connected to each other using hamachi... When I logged in the next day it came up with a warning saying that if I continue without making a backup I could lose some data off my world or something... ignored this and a few hours later after leaving and coming back the world wasn't there... Is this a bug/will this be fixed? Btw I brilliant modpack! Highly recommended none the less! The improvements on the quest book have really helped me as a beginner :D

Squizza

Jul 29, 2019
Why are there no server files?

I was planning on setting up a small server for me and a few friends but I can't find any server files! (Also can't find it on the FTB launcher)
Anybody found a way to set up personal servers?
Thanks ^^

S

Symbol

Why are there no server files?

I was planning on setting up a small server for me and a few friends but I can't find any server files! (Also can't find it on the FTB launcher)
Anybody found a way to set up personal servers?
Thanks ^^
Using FTB: I suppose you've added the pack using the code. After that you can find it in "3rd Party Packs" tab. Select modpack. Under 5 main tabs (i.e. news, options, etc.) you should see "Download Server" button.

S

Symbol

Cannot download new v1.3.5 Server (file not found), is it some kind of processing from FTB side?

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for removing Chromaticraft. As interesting as the new biomes were, those zappy shrine things were pretty flipping annoying...and it was very hungry for storage space. :)

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
Thanks for removing Chromaticraft. As interesting as the new biomes were, those zappy shrine things were pretty flipping annoying...and it was very hungry for storage space. :)
It was removed due to problems but your welcome