[1.7.10] [Skyblock] Garden of Madness - a Garden of Glass pack.

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
It has come to my attention that there is no way to get Overworld modded saplings.

So I'm going to add a few "sky block recipes" for them

Oak Sapling + Slime Ball = Rubber Sapling
Oak Sapling + Pink Floral Powder = Sakura Sappling
Oak Sapling + Orange Floral Powder = Mapple Sapling
Oak Sapling + Lime Floral Powder = Willow Sapling
Oak Sapling + White Floral Powder = Eucalyptus Sapling
Oak Sapling + Green Floral Powder = Hopseed Sapling
Oak Sapling + Red Floral Powder = Redwood Sapling (might not add this one, the redwoods are MASSIVE)

Resonating Crystals also do not gen, so you can make those from glass and Dragonstones

I'm thinking surround a Dragonstone with 8 glass to make a resonating crystal for Deep Resonance, or is that too expensive?

And lastly Osmium ore can only be earned one of 2 ways.

1) with a MFR Laser Drill, use Light Blue Foci for best results.

2) Mutating Agricraft Crops into Osmium seeds. Which still needs the ore under it to produce any osmium.

So Mekanism is locked out until the late game where you will get the most benefit from it.

And it looks like my choice for adding in Better Chests is going really nicely, it gives a nice early game way to make new water sources, and makes for a nice compact cobble gen once you get a lava bucket. The power of Better Chests is insane.

-Edit-

Finished the Mine Tweaker script

Tech Progression is:
Botania & Agricraft > Immersive Engineering & Ender IO & Ancient Warfare & Buildcraft> Mine Factory Reloaded & Quantum Flux> Mekanism

you start out with Nature and Magic and slowly progress into more heavy industrial set ups.

Immersive engineering and other mods of that tier are gated by the need for ores.

Mine factory reloaded is gated by the need for a slime ball, and unless you are really lucky the best way to get one is going to the nether.

Mekanism is gated by the need for osmium, which can only be obtained through MFR

-Edit 2-

I'm doing a speed run to make sure the progression I wanted isn't broken, and i've found Pam's harvest craft apple tree is a life saver in the starting days while farmland is very limited. And crop sticks are a good way to get more seeds

Last edited:

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
The nether is TERRIFYING... In my play test while collecting the items from the nether needed for progression I was attacked all at once by multiple large heatscar spiders, nitro creepers, a wither skelly, and a few nuclear monsters all while dodging ghast fire from above. This nether doesn't mess around, it wants you DEAD.

the Best equipment you can have at the time of going into the nether the first time is either diamond or Manasteel, and I recommend you have some

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Add the Erebus? Then more creatures can attack you in the nether :3

I think if I make the nether any harder it will be near impossible to progress for some people XD

-edit-

due to the insane lack of mushrooms I'm adding in the ability to craft glowshrooms into mushrooms

Purple Glowshroom -> Red Mushroom
Green Glowshroom -> Brown Mushroom

now it's a bit easier to get mushrooms from the nether.

Last edited:

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Ok I think I just need a few more "for fun"
Trail Mix, It Fell From The Sky or other better known iChun mods would be cool, I guess. I wish I could come up with any of the names of the various other small mods I know.

When you get access to Mekanism machines the values of the metal ores will sky rocket as you can dupe them more and more.
If you don't need more metals, but can technically get more metal out of an ore, the value of ores will technically decrease, since you'll need less of then to meet your demand.

I wonder how this pack will turn out and why IC2 was never mentioned. :)

Reactions: RyokuHasu

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I play tested it up to the point of unlocking Mekanism, it seems to all work nicely for progression, of course I played a very bare-bones run without delving into "extra" things much but I'm sure it would go a lot smoother and have better expansion if I actually delved into agricraft more after I got access to more dirt lol.

I'll start working on the Achievement book to guild people who don't know Garden of glass and general progression of the pack. If you don't want a guide, throw it into the void :D

Last edited:

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Updated the Mod list

Agricraft
Ancient Warfare
Better Builder's Wands
Better Chests
Blood Magic
Botania (and Garden of Glass)
Buildcraft
Buildcraft Additions
Deep Resonance
Ender IO
Ender Storage
Essential Craft
Eureka
Extra Utilities
iBench
Immersive Engineering and Integration
Logistics Pipes
Mekanism (with generators and tools addons)
Mine Factory reloaded
Natura
Nuclearcraft
Pam's Harvestcraft
Progressive Automation
Quantum Flux
Storage Drawers (with Natura addon)
Thermal Foundation (for ores and metals only)
Tree Growing Simulator
Veinminer
and a few other small ones

Includes a few tweaks for a skyblock world and custom progression.

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
any idea on an ETA for when it'll be available?

If it passes the qualifications, which it should, it will come out during the next update cycle for the FTB launcher.

I'm already having fun with it, it's nice to see a farming based skyblock :D

I already have plans to make a Garden of Madness 2 for 1.8.9 or 1.9.4

There are newer magic mods like Psi and Intangible and many others I'd like to put in a skyblock

Last edited:

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Just Finished the splash art for the pack, simple yet effective :D
Splash.png

and here's the official pack description:

The World Tree has died, and with it the entire world crumbled to dust and returned to the void. All that is left are the dying roots of the World Tree and the dirt in which they rest. Can you use the remnants of the World Tree to create a new world? Use your knowledge of plants and agriculture to cultivate a new world, rediscover the lost technologies of the old world, and create a new World Tree.

Garden of Madness is a Garden of glass based skyblock. You must be careful and not waste resources because it's possible to lose this pack and force you to restart. In this harder progression driven skyblock everything stems from Botania and Agricraft. While the progression isn't very deep, each tier of progression adds many new possibilities for your growing world.

Last edited: