[1.7.10] [Skyblock] Garden of Madness - a Garden of Glass pack.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Oh think about this, Logistics pipes work with the Quantum Flux Storehouse which holds 999 stacks in a single block for super compact storage rooms.
NICE :D OK, good call there, definitely!

And while the Mining lasers are a bit OP, if I remove big reactors then you will have a harder time keeping them powered without a mekanism reactor or a good existing power infrastructure.
This is true; I guess it depends on how late-game you want the Laser Drill to be! If you want it to be a genuinely viable source of resources that you don't have to be most of the way through the game to use, then yeah the power problems could be an issue. But there must be something you could use without going to BR... hmm. 5 diesel generators would be enough to fully power 4 Laser Drill Prechargers; for some reason that idea makes me smile - using hydrocarbon-based power to fuel a futuristic laser! :D

EDIT:
you could probably replace big reactors with deep resonance, its about the same difficulty level for base power, but actually takes work for tons of power, AND has actual consequences if you cut corners
Now THIS is a good call! :) it will fill in that mid-range gap nicely!

Also: you didn't mean the Beef Wellington did you? Because that is NOT a breakfast food! :D

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
you could probably replace big reactors with deep resonance, its about the same difficulty level for base power, but actually takes work for tons of power, AND has actual consequences if you cut corners
Any idea to cut BR is probably a good idea. Deep resonance is certainly interesting. Are you able to do it in a skyblock though? You need some means of generating those starter crystals if memory serves, and/or the resonating ore itself (which may not generate via mining laser or orechids or anything like that)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
No I meant BaconDounut when i said "a certain awkwardly tasting breakfast pastry" XD

But I like the direction you guys are steering this pack. Thanks for the suggestions :D

X

xxnamexx

Any idea to cut BR is probably a good idea. Deep resonance is certainly interesting. Are you able to do it in a skyblock though? You need some means of generating those starter crystals if memory serves, and/or the resonating ore itself (which may not generate via mining laser or orechids or anything like that)
fairly sure you don't need worldgen crystals, though idk if you can get resonating ore from the laser or botania, but it should gen in the deep dark
also, if worldgen crystals are needed for an actual recipe(i haven't looked) the recipe can always be changed to use something else

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
If push comes to shove on it I could tweak a "sky block" version of the recipes, like using mana diamonds or something.

I'm going to gut out a few mods and put in a few now :)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
No I meant BaconDounut when i said "a certain awkwardly tasting breakfast pastry" XD

But I like the direction you guys are steering this pack. Thanks for the suggestions :D
Haha I totally missed that! :) Are doughnuts a breakfast food? I certainly know people who would actually eat a bacon doughnut!

Ah, you need crystals for the infusion process (usually best to use depleted)... so actually, if you make crystals with the natural limits filtering provides, then use them up and once depleted can be used to improve future crystals... you know, that works!

As for the resonating ore, that I think you WILL need to make the RCL liquid - but as you said, perhaps something with a different ore to turn it into resonating ore or something.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Welk,due to amount of Stuff this mod adds I can see why it won't be added as it will have a lot of overlap with the current mods.
However one mod I wouldn't Mind seing More in modpacks in General is inductive automation as it adds a lot of Nice stuff like a wat to teleport Power into your inventory or a food source that will be eaten automatically.

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
After testing the Orechid out I have found it does most modded ores, but not Osmium (which i'm glad it didn't)

I'll see if it makes ores from deep resonance or not, if it doesn't that will be Deep dark ore than.

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
On a side note I added my favorite portable crafting table, the iBench

-edit-
Sooo, In regards to early ore doubling I'm thinking the Eureka dusters. :D

And I came up with a name, "Garden of Madness" it's both a spin of the main mod, and a reference to a game I like called No More Heros :D

Last edited:

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Welk,due to amount of Stuff this mod adds I can see why it won't be added as it will have a lot of overlap with the current mods.
However one mod I wouldn't Mind seing More in modpacks in General is inductive automation as it adds a lot of Nice stuff like a wat to teleport Power into your inventory or a food source that will be eaten automatically.

Sorry to say this but I tried Inductive automation... it crashes the pack. ;_; sorry, it looked fun.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
IMO BR should be replaced with Nuclearcraft, it has fission reactors(which actually explode, this is a good thing IMO, this is a good consequence IMO) and fusion reactors which work with Men's Deuterium and Tritium. You could disable it's own Deuterium and Tritium, and require lots of infrastructure and space.

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question which nuclearcraft? there are 2 x.x

-edit- nvm I assume its the one with reactors and not bombs XD

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I think I just need a few more "for fun" mods like magic or decorative mods, then I'll get started on Balancing, tweaking, Starting inventory, and the Achievement book. :)

I think it will be fun to have a new kind of sky block with a whole new take on skyblock progression :D

and Bombs should NEVER be a part of the skyblock experience XD

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Ok I think I just need a few more "for fun" mods like magic or decorative mods, then I'll get started on Balancing, tweaking, Starting inventory, and the Achievement book. :)

I think it will be fun to have a new kind of sky block with a whole new take on skyblock progression :D

and Bombs should NEVER be a part of the skyblock experience XD
Actually, there was once a server where every faction had its own starting chunk and the generation of new ones had to be bought with in game currency. You could however still build in chunks that where not generated yet. The goal of this server was to make PVP even more of an importance as resources where even harder to come by even using the basic automation options added by plug ins on that server.
I admit that it isn't totally a sky block but explosions do look like something that would fit into this.

Also, on the inductive automation part, you do use the core mod as well right? Just making sure :)

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
:O using the newest versions of Mekanism, it look soooo much better now

Edit: Testing out what ores the Orechid can make it looks like it can do uranium from Nuclearcraft, but not Resonating or Osmium.

However the chance for Uranium ore from the Orechid is really low it seems.

It also has a low chance for Shiny ore, which is used to make Endurium.

When you get access to Mekanism machines the values of the metal ores will sky rocket as you can dupe them more and more.

Last edited: