[1.7.10]Running Red 2: Vampire Money[v1.2.0][Hardcore][Magic][RPG]

Flame Emblem

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, okay...After a few hours of playing I finally get why there's no ores! There is a little bitty tiny problem with it though...

The reward tables are reversed for the epic and basic bags...

Let me explain for other. (Basically) The creator removed all the ore, so no mining for a stack of iron and bringing it back to base to smelt it. Instead, all the ore is replaced by silverfish eggs. The silverfish drop epic reward bags which contain the ore you would have mined if they weren't replaced with the eggs! (Again, this isn't entirely true, but it's basically how it works....) I actually like this. It's pretty novel. You gotta kill to get ore. Lol. However, all the epic bags are utter crap. Luckily though, the basic bags I get from killing my sheep farm give me all the ores I need, so screw killing all those silverfish...Sheep farm for diamonds. Makes it too easy and breaks the combat focus that the pack is intended to have...

Just thought I'd leave this here and wait to play again until it's fixed. I'll be looking forward the next update!
For one, I wouldn't be surprised if the Epic bags having bad stuff and Basic stuff being so valuable to be an intentional thing, a metaphor by the author. That said, passive mobs dropping them does seem questionable.

KhaoticPoisonIce

Jul 29, 2019
The reward tables are reversed for the epic and basic bags...
I'm pretty sure it's that way simply because the author added in the silverfish rewards after the original basic bags for normal mobs- since silverfish could spawn in the hundreds and therefore be farmed in the hundreds, he added in the silverfish drops so it would seem like you're at least getting SOMETHING from them other than the scales.

the basic bags I get from killing my sheep farm give me all the ores I need, so screw killing all those silverfish
Maybe you are a vampire who doesn't feel the need to kill humanoids in order to live. Sustain your life in such a way that others will not bother you. Other semi-helpful lore-friendly advice. blahblahblah.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Sadness. Ah well, on to the next pack, and maybe others will take up the torch for RR2 in the future.
Side note, I was attempting to move the files for RR2 off of my main hard drive to an external one so I could free up space, but when I tried it told me it wanted to move a file called "thumbs.(something)" and that that was a system file. Is this something you've heard of before, and if so, should I be concerned? XD

Kazure

Jul 29, 2019
Oh well .. just died again while sleeping (keep forgetting i need atleast a 3x3x3 area cause u can suffocate in the wall above the bed if its only 3x3x2).
But so far its a pretty nice pack, but with only 1 way to get your sanity back .. you have to be really careful early.

I would suggest that you add more ways to get the Sanity back, cause otherwise the whole quest book can be considered useless (sacrificial knife takes 100% sanity in less than 5sec)

After playing a little bit more the whole vampire/hero quest line is kinda .. meh
Since you can reach it pretty easy (for example kill 45 passiv mobs to reach drac) and after that its pointless to use the Blood Magic since it requires Quartz from the Nether to craft the only Sanity restoring Item, i dont get the point of making the book based on Blood Magic.

Sure you can just kill mobs to get some stuff, but why doing that if you cant go on with the main quest line?

Btw here are some easy tips how to survive:
#1 Dig a Trench atleast 2 Blocks deep around your House
#2 Build Fans to prevent any mobs from reaching you (they will also blow them into the trench)

Last edited:
Reactions: Drakyre

Drakyre

Jul 29, 2019
it is sad that they wont be continuing, but you are doing great work with all the other packs and FTB stuff
keep up the good work Gideon

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Kazure

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say, I really loved the pack, but thank you anyways for telling us it's ending. I'm looking forward to more of your work in the future!
Well if he brings out more packs like rr2 he probably is the first ftb team member who got kicked the quickest

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Im confused as to the logic behind this statement... o_O

Ether he thinks he makes bad packs and will get kicked or he thinks he makes good packs and will get kicked out of jealousy.
Or perhaps he believes that all the good pack makers get caned. Though I am not aware of any pack maker that has ever bin caned.

Kazure

Jul 29, 2019
Not really. Cause then there's the if part...when he already has made more good packs

Well if you consider that he pretty much destroyed his own pack with patches ..
Like in:
- There are several ways to get rid of insanity
- patch
- Theres no way left to get rid of insanity

or in:

-Fun to play
-patch
-Blood Magic kills you within 1.5sec after crafting an item