[1.7.10]Running Red 2: Vampire Money[v1.2.0][Hardcore][Magic][RPG]

pulli23

Jul 29, 2019
Pff can you enable editing the HQM?

I've been playing this mod now and opened literary 1280 basic reward bags - not a single diamond. So I'm now stuck the place where I need to create a blood altar. I'd really like to edit the quests to make vital ores (diamonds, iron) a bit more plenty, like 4 times. Right now it's getting quite boring staying in the same spot just hoping for that diamond to come, and waiting out each red moon since I don't want to waste that precious iron armor I crafted.

It's just utter silliness that one can't edit his own quests in a single player game...

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Pff can you enable editing the HQM?

I've been playing this mod now and opened literary 1280 basic reward bags - not a single diamond. So I'm now stuck the place where I need to create a blood altar. I'd really like to edit the quests to make vital ores (diamonds, iron) a bit more plenty, like 4 times. Right now it's getting quite boring staying in the same spot just hoping for that diamond to come, and waiting out each red moon since I don't want to waste that precious iron armor I crafted.

It's just utter silliness that one can't edit his own quests in a single player game...
You don't seem to understand how HQM does editing. In order to edit the quests, you need to turn edit mode on in the configs. That makes the default quest book open the editing interface. That's not ideal for people playing survival. Having the book in edit mode is really ugly and is the equivalent of having a map start you out in creative mode.

If you want to edit the quests for yourself, go ahead. Go nuts. But you'll have to turn it on yourself in the HQM configs.

pulli23

Jul 29, 2019
Of coures I know how HQM works - I did set the edit mode to true - but then it shows a blank quest book as quests.hqm is locked to be editted by a single minecraft user only.

The_Revanchist

Jul 29, 2019
Gideon, do you think you'll ever integrate the newer Witchery vampirism to Running Red 2: Vampire Money? I say its pretty fitting :)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Gideon, do you think you'll ever integrate the newer Witchery vampirism to Running Red 2: Vampire Money? I say its pretty fitting :)
The thing is, the vampirism in this pack is entirely different. You wouldn't be able to survive from just killing things. Also it would eliminate a large part of the challenge because nothing would kill you unless they have fire capabilities. It would also be a lot harder as well because you actually need to find villagers roaming around for reliable food. For another thing, there's no easy way to make a player lose vampire levels. That would make the conversion system totally worthless. Basically, the pack would have to be overhauled and made entirely linear, which I highly doubt gideon wants anything to do with.

The_Revanchist

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is, the vampirism in this pack is entirely different. You wouldn't be able to survive from just killing things. Also it would eliminate a large part of the challenge because nothing would kill you unless they have fire capabilities. It would also be a lot harder as well because you actually need to find villagers roaming around for reliable food. For another thing, there's no easy way to make a player lose vampire levels. That would make the conversion system totally worthless. Basically, the pack would have to be overhauled and made entirely linear, which I highly doubt gideon wants anything to do with.
Oh right, I forgot about the whole Immortality bit as a vampire, Ha ha

Saberwulfy

Jul 29, 2019
I cant use tinkers weapons in M&B slot, annoying!

It appear abandoned, this pack will continue?

Last edited:

Moridin

Jul 29, 2019
I cant use tinkers weapons in M&B slot, annoying!

It appear abandoned, this pack will continue?

sadly no wean gidonseymour made this and RR1 he was in depression but he is no longer depressed so he discontinued RR1 and RR2

@Saberwulfy Blame M&B for changing their API without notice. Tinker's will never work properly with it again as far as I am aware.

@darthwesix That has nothing to do with why the packs have been "abandoned". It has to do with the fact that Gideon had other things to work on as a member of the FTB pack team and could not devote time to his own packs.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
@Moridin from Gideon's blog:

Gideon's Blog said:
Here comes the sad portion of our blog post. For many reasons, I will be discontinuing the Running Red series. The first is the workload. I've tried as hard as I can to balance all the packs I have currently so that I can keep them all updated, but I had to stretch myself to my limits to keep everything up to date. Between Pathfinder, Phoenix Reborn, [REDACTED FTB PACK], Dark Trilogy, Running Red, Renascintis, Running Red 2, and the unreleased RR: Descent, as well as the numerous pack ideas I've had but never brought to fruition, not to mention all the pack development I do offhand for the Phoenix Team and the FTB Team - I'm starting to not have time to keep thing up to date anymore. As you've probably already noticed - all of the Running Reds have fallen far behind. Every mod within them is out of date, and they haven't been updated in months.

As well, I made those packs when I felt depressed. They served as an outlet for what I was feeling - better I took action via my modpacks than in real life. I used them, especially Running Red 2, to vent what I was feeling. And you know what? It worked. The friends I found in the Modded Minecraft community and the ability to share my feelings via the Running Red packs changed my entire outlook on life. I don't feel depressed at all anymore.

And that serves a problem. I created the packs from my depression. I would write the stories when I felt bad, and then transfer them into quests. Each idea I had stemmed from something I thought about when feeling bad. The series helped me to cope and get better. But now that I am better, I don't know what to do. I can't think of anything solid for the series. I've tried several times to sit down and write the quests and implement new mechanics, but every time, I've been stopped. I lacked any inspiration, and inspiration is what made up the core of the pack. The music of My Chemical Romance inspired me to share how I felt, and that's been a huge influence on the packs. But I don't feel quite the pull to the series I've felt before.

So, I'm discontinuing the Running Reds. It's possible, depending on how things turn out, that I would continue them again. But the lack of time to work on them and the lack of the ability at all to write for them has left me without much of a choice. It was either to make the announcement that I would stop them, or let them sink into the depths of un-updated modpacks. I would rather be upfront about their status rather than hide it.

Moridin

Jul 29, 2019
@jordsta95 I'm old. Blame my memory. But being busy is also part of the reason, honestly, and I feel that's far greater a reason than writer's block. My own opinion of course.

H

Harstdeath

Hello.
I started playing this modpack yesterday.
I read the explanations in the book. But i think i'm missing something.
On the first chapter, not the ones with reward for killing, the first quest axe asks for a stone battleaxe. But the battleaxe assembling needs the toolforge which needs 4 blocks of any metals. But since we can't mine, finding ingots is challenging and lava... So is there any other ways? Or is this quest very long to do?

Narkah

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you don't need a tinker's battleaxe, but a battlegear or other mod's battleaxe.