[1.7.10] Run Dig Hide 1.4 [Survival][Hardcore][Sandbox]

centhrax

Jul 29, 2019
I'm loving this modpack, it's exactly what i've been looking for in a modpack, just have one question, how long is an earthquake supposed to last?

Dulciphi

Jul 29, 2019
*Grumble grumble* I'm sorry but the forum activation email still hasn't come through (yeah, I've checked my junk folder).
Dulciphi - first load attempt. Singleplayer. Default world type (Wasteland). all default settings. First attempt to load gave me an Exception getting block type in world crash. I know they happen sometimes but I'm reporting this one possibly out of noobness, and possibly because I've seen this before in ModernWarfare2 and it was ..fixed? (I'm sure it was fixed but I can't find the link and just wanna play your pack :p) Piston base. Chocolate Quest - http://pastebin.com/F5iqCLax
Again, sorry for putting this here. I'll check my mail again soon.

Dulciphi

Jul 29, 2019
what methods do you have for regaining sanity? -other than suicide? I'm well familiar with the usual ones, but they're essentially all missing here - especially sleep. For server play where sleeping's hard, I usually use higher tier Biblio furniture items, computers, paintings, etc to give positive sanity effects, but then I also use mods to rule out suicide as a method to restore hunger, sanity, etc. In short, are we supposed to use death as a survival method? Or is there a feasible way to regain sanity?

[edit]- never mind. I see you've ruled out suicide as a method to restore hunger. :) That's my kind of evil. Nice. Enviromine has a setting to get rid of the wobbling vision from nausea too. That's what gets me more than anything. I get real life nausea from it - it makes staying away from mobs all the more important, though. I'm still trying to figure out what will restore my sanity (sans death) but I'm getting there.

This pack's hard but I like it

Last edited:

d4m1ty

Jul 29, 2019
what methods do you have for regaining sanity? -other than suicide? I'm well familiar with the usual ones, but they're essentially all missing here - especially sleep. For server play where sleeping's hard, I usually use higher tier Biblio furniture items, computers, paintings, etc to give positive sanity effects, but then I also use mods to rule out suicide as a method to restore hunger, sanity, etc. In short, are we supposed to use death as a survival method? Or is there a feasible way to regain sanity?

A view of the sky will regain sanity. Also I find some spots underground where there is water that you haven't placed causes to regain, this second i'm not a ton sure about, but when I was digging a little bit and came across a small pool of water, I would gain sanity while being near and looking at it. 0.1% per second or so increase.

My question is how long does a damn earthquake last? I died a few times trying to deal with a mob and get my grave back as I couldn't attack and kill the mob with a sword while the world shook, just wouldn't register a hit. Luckily a bow worked and the 2 arrows I had were enough, but its been probably 3 ingame days of me just sitting in a hole waiting for the shake to stop.

How do you fill a camel pack? Made one and it won't fill with water using bottles. If you turned off camel pack filling, then turn off the camel pack as well otherwise that will be a waste of a lot of good leather for something useless.

Should turn on the diminishing returns for food so that you got to vary your diet. I no longer need to venture for food or water now by day 5-6 and could live indefinitely underground at this point and only need to venture to the surface for wood. Viable dirt is also too easy to find, again, you can have an underground garden very quickly. Maybe making food only grow with sunlight would raise the bar on that. You'd have to build a green house basically. I find that sand is harder to find than dirt is. If this is a wasteland, it should be the opposite.

[EDIT] Do you simply need to relocate for something with regards to the quake? its still going on now, but a MASSIVE hole (to bedrock is looks like) has opened in the world and it continues to grow. I kept hearing the digging sound and assumed it was a mob but it was the earth quake removing 1 column of dirt/stone from sky to bedrock and the hole has now encroaching into the expanded starting location. Can't run away from it, toxic rain so I hoping it stops before I run out of floor.

Last edited:
V

Veylenn

Is there any way to get this pack anymore? I searched Curse/Twitch, AT Launcher, and Technic. Is there another launcher that I'm missing? I ran across this pack on a youtuber's channel, and would really like to play it.

Sorry for the thread necro... I couldn't really find a better place to ask.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
You should try the old FTB Launcher (on the main FTB site, below the giant download button, as legacy windows). In there, you can input the pack code for this pack under third party packs: ptnoobcrew

That should let it install, but I'm not 100% sure. Been a while since I used the old launcher.

V

Veylenn

Thanks! I was able to get it on the FTB Legacy Launcher.

Been playing for a bit now, Any idea how to get other types of saplings? (spruce, jungle, etc) I got some oak from the Pam's fruit trees.

Vina69

Jul 29, 2019
You should try the old FTB Launcher (on the main FTB site, below the giant download button, as legacy windows). In there, you can input the pack code for this pack under third party packs: ptnoobcrew

That should let it install, but I'm not 100% sure. Been a while since I used the old launcher.
Is there any chance that we can play it on new client,i can't add it
btw. I'm using cracked client...