• Santa's Decor
  • Santa's Toys
  • StartingInventory
  • StatusEffectHUD
  • Thermal Expansion
  • Thermal Foundation
  • Tinkers Construct
  • Tinkers Mechworks

Adding/removing mods is not supported will not be supported in this pack after beta. You should be fine removing mods other than Natura, Tinkers Construct, CoFH Core, and Nether Ores, but I do not recommend it. Removing mods will break recipes, and world generation, and adding mods will break progression.

Support should be in this thread. Issues should be posted on the Github repo or this thread. Wheaton's Law applies. I appreciate feedback. I am still working on the recipes as I play through it myself, so if there are any recipes you cannot perform, let me know and I'll figure something out for an update.

There is currently not a server version. I will get one once it is out of beta, or I have the time to test one. If you are impatient, you should be fine running a server as long as you remove NEI, NEI Addons, StatusEffectHUD, and ArmorStatusHUD.

Recommended JVM arguments can be found on Pastebin, as well as their documentation. They are also in my signature.​

What is Hellworld?

Hellworld is a modpack I started in 1.6.4 with a picture-through of a nether-only world. Its core mods are Tinkers' Construct, Natura, and Nether Ores. Biomes O' Plenty world-generation is optional, but highly recommended to get the full experience of hell.​

Or, if you're the fantasty type...

The overworld has had its main metals sucked into the hellworld. You spawn in the world with nothing but the resources needed to build a portal to hell. Should you choose to continue living, you must progress through the hellish tech-tree. All resources are available, though it may take more time than usual to create or find them. Remember, NEI is your friend.
Progression and such
First things first, you spawn with 10 obsidian, 1 fire charge, and 4 netherrack. Use this to build and light a portal. Do not get anything from the Overworld. This could break progression, and take away the goal of the pack. Eventually I may add something to spawn you in the nether with no way of getting back, but for now, I've removed all ore generation from the overworld, so it doesn't make any sense to live their anyway.
Secondly, you will want to get a Tinkers Construct smeltery ASAP. You can build a Tool Forge and Smeltery using the other type of bricks, which are made from nether materials. Personally, I try to get Bloodwood Tools as fast as I can, because they are iron-level, and have a lot of durability. If you can't find them, you will be fine. It's just an easy way to skip the Ti C progression.
The Thermal Expansion Aqueous Accumulator will slowly generate water in the nether without any present. I recommend getting an Ender IO 2x2 Resevoir as soon as you can.

That's all I'm gonna tell you. Play through your bloody technology, like always :p

If you can find the Hellraiser reference I will give you a cookie. It's pretty easy to find, so the cookie might not be great.

Last edited:

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what version of forge HellWorlds is using as I don't know how to find forge on the FTB Launcher, but I moved your pack over to the vanilla launcher and using it with the latest forge all is working great so far!

I hope you don't mind but I also am playing with Thaumcraft in as to me it fits this pack perfict. To do that there is currently a API issue where RC has shipped with an older TC API. You can just delete the Thaumcraft API in RC and all will be fine. :)

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Tinker's Construct requires Forge 1185+ or else it'll crash the game with a noclassfound exception
Not sure what version of forge HellWorlds is using as I don't know how to find forge on the FTB Launcher, but I moved your pack over to the vanilla launcher and using it with the latest forge all is working great so far!
Yeah, it's using 1180. I forgot to specify the forge version in the initial Info.txt.
This looks fun!
Indeed! I'm, trying it later today. Good job Santa.
:D Obviously, remember to update Forge until the hotfix is available.
Has a hotfix been published yet?
Nope. I'll post in this thread when it is. In the meantime, you can just use MMC, Vanilla launcher, or something else to run it using Forge 1199.
I hope you don't mind but I also am playing with Thaumcraft in as to me it fits this pack perfict. To do that there is currently a API issue where RC has shipped with an older TC API. You can just delete the Thaumcraft API in RC and all will be fine. :)
Go ahead. I would be using TC if it was still in its TC3 state. I'm just not a fan of TC4, and it isn't worth adding to me. Honestly, the main reason I want it is Firebats, but that's not a good enough reason to add it IMO.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: Padfoote

Str8UpWHITE64

Jul 29, 2019
It may be just be me, or maybe I didn't understand the objective, but I cannot craft any Tinker's Construct stuff with the bloodwood planks. Nor can I craft even a chest with it. Are there other trees that I am missing?

Also, the exploding nether ores are obnoxious. That may be the point though.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Nor can I craft even a chest with it. Are there other trees that I am missing?
Bloodwood can't be used for a whole lot. This is intended, and a "Vanilla" Natura feature that I don't intend to remove. There are more nether trees, such as Ghostwood, Darkwood, and Fusewood. If you have Biomes O Plenty generation enabled, you also have Hellbark.
Also, the exploding nether ores are obnoxious. That may be the point though.
That's part of the challenge. You are supposed to be careful when you mine, because of hellfish, explosions, and pigmen.

Reactions: Padfoote

Str8UpWHITE64

Jul 29, 2019
Bloodwood can't be used for a whole lot. This is intended, and a "Vanilla" Natura feature that I don't intend to remove. There are more nether trees, such as Ghostwood, Darkwood, and Fusewood. If you have Biomes O Plenty generation enabled, you also have Hellbark.

That's part of the challenge. You are supposed to be careful when you mine, because of hellfish, explosions, and pigmen.
Gotcha! Very challenging indeed!

Reactions: SatanicSanta