[1.7.10] Phoenix Reborn [Tech/Magic] [Progression] [Ores]

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Am I blind or just bad luck? I haven't been able to find any yellorite ore :\ Which dimension is it found in?
If memory serves there is a recipe to make yellorite out of glowstone or something added in, I think it involved glowstone. Just check NEI for recipes for yellorite dust.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
Ouh, I knew I forgot to do something in the update. That I can fix easily.

Dammit Gideon! I've already thrown it out! It's too damn late! >.<

Hmm, when I make a vibrant capacitor bank now, it can only take in 5k rf/t and only store 5M rf. My old ones work fine, but all the new ones are lower capacity now.
UPDATE: Don't make your vibrant capacitor banks in the AE crafting terminals. They seem to be bung if you do that, making them with a normal crafting bench works fine.

Another edit! So I don't double post... Or triple post...
I ran a BC Filler in the nether to clear out space at a nether fortress.
EXPLOSIONS EVERYWHERE!
Here's the aftermath of one such fillering.
2015-02-09_12.45.13.png

Last edited:

Vitachan

Jul 29, 2019
If memory serves there is a recipe to make yellorite out of glowstone or something added in, I think it involved glowstone. Just check NEI for recipes for yellorite dust.

Ah, that'll be it. Thanks!

In other news, I'm about *this* close to cheating in a dimension shard. RFTools dimensions seem to be the bane of me. First Dimension is nothing but sandstone, took a destruction catalyst all over the place, no shards. Second Dimension caused the server to crash. Third Dimension caused instant death the second I stepped into it. Fourth Dimension I couldn't even transport to, said missing destination and the transport killed me :\

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019

In other news, I'm about *this* close to cheating in a dimension shard. RFTools dimensions seem to be the bane of me. First Dimension is nothing but sandstone, took a destruction catalyst all over the place, no shards. Second Dimension caused the server to crash. Third Dimension caused instant death the second I stepped into it. Fourth Dimension I couldn't even transport to, said missing destination and the transport killed me :\

... so yer saying make sure to strip naked before trying out a new dimension? :p

Reactions: buggirlexpres

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com

Craft a "Material None" Dimlet. It will allow the world to be made of stone, and in turn, allow ores to generate

Vitachan

Jul 29, 2019
Craft a "Material None" Dimlet. It will allow the world to be made of stone, and in turn, allow ores to generate

Interesting... let me give that a shot

*edit* made one with a Material None dimlet and nothing else... was a huge underground cave world and all the blocks were cyan stained clay :\

No luck at all lol

Last edited:

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to be able to make a tesseract at all. I've got a filled tesseract frame, some brass and silver, but putting it together in a crafting table does nothing. Is that also an issue with the wrong brass? If so, how do I even get another variant of brass? The only recipe available to me is the one where you use copper and tin dust. Unless I missed some zinc ore in the Deep Dark.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I can't seem to be able to make a tesseract at all. I've got a filled tesseract frame, some brass and silver, but putting it together in a crafting table does nothing. Is that also an issue with the wrong brass? If so, how do I even get another variant of brass? The only recipe available to me is the one where you use copper and tin dust. Unless I missed some zinc ore in the Deep Dark.
One way to do it is to pulverise the brass ingots and smelt those. I'll try to get that fixed very soon.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
... so yer saying make sure to strip naked before trying out a new dimension? :p

That's what we learn from the terminator movies, travel naked and steal the clothes from the first person you meet :D

Uhm just curious:
Charged Certus quartz (and with that a real ME system) comes with going to the deep dark or did I miss them in another place before? (was up to the nether, but only found normal certus quartz from the nether ores)

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having huge issues if I leave the game running, after about an hour or so (I think, I'm not monitoring it, it could be longer), the game stops responding entirely. It'll still be loaded, just, not doing anything. I can't even bring the window up to continue playing. The only way I've fixed this is by disabling the minimap. Is there another minimap mod that someone could suggest that won't grind my game to a halt?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Charged Certus quartz (and with that a real ME system) comes with going to the deep dark or did I miss them in another place before? (was up to the nether, but only found normal certus quartz from the nether ores)
You don't need charged certus quartz for anything I think, certus and fluix dust are both craftable with added recipes so even if you do need some just craft some fluix crystals with the added recipe and make a charger.

jurcan

Jul 29, 2019
This is a really nice modpack, I love the fact that it's not HQM so that I do not feel forced to go down a certain route, and the mod choices is nice too (quite a few interesting mods I haven't played before).

However, I encountered a problem with the progression system, though seeing how everyone managed to progress easily, it's probably a bug or me being noobish:
1) I can't craft mana spreaders without gold, which is found in the erebus , and as far as I know I need botania to get in there. (this is probably me being noobish)
2) After I created a pure daisy (no problems with that) I tried to craft a mana pool, but the recipe output just doesn't show up (aka I can't craft it). Then I noticed I can't put any more water in the petal apothecary.

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
That's weird, I don't have any trouble crafting either the mana pool or the mana spreader. And no, none of that is you being noobish - the recipe for the mana spreader is supposed to be changed so that you use an Agricraft channel instead of a gold ingot. The recipe for the mana spreader shows up correctly for me; but only in NEI, the Lexica Botania shows the unmodified recipe.
Actually, are you trying to craft according to NEI or according to the Lexica Botania? The Lexica Botania shows the wrong recipes. Both the mana spreader and the mana pool have modified recipes.

Edit: Wireless Levers don't seem to work. If I place a piece of redstone on the ground, link the lever to it, then place the lever and flip it, the redstone remains inactive.

Last edited:

jurcan

Jul 29, 2019
I was using the lexica botania, so that explains it all. Thanks for the fast answer.

Except for the pethal apothecary, I don't know what's wrong with that, I may try creating a new world and cheating one in to see id if works there.

Also, if it is not indicated in the purple achievement book (I don't remember reading it there) I would suggest to add "Lexica botania recipes have been modified, check NEI" or something like that.

mulch_75

Jul 29, 2019
Wither Skeleton Guide:

1 - Use Philosphers stone to transmute a hostile mob into an Ender IO Wither Skeleton. These are white with no weapon, watch the waila tool tip to make sure you get the right one. To transmute mobs, use the projectile key holding the philosopher's stone. Make sure you have some projectE fuel in your inventory, some redstone should do the trick.
2 - Capture this mob in a soul vial
3 - Combine with a broken spawner of any type in the Soul Binder
4 - Make a powered spawner
5 - Combine the wither skeleton spawner with the powered spawner in an Anvil
6 - Power the spawner and harvest wither skulls

The cool thing about this is you can do the whole thing without even going to the Nether. The spawner works in the overworld and makes normal wither skeletons just fine. Combined with a "The End" sword I got 3 skulls in about a minute.

Good Luck!

Edit: Added mention of the fuel, forgot about this myself as I always carry a charge Klein star

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Also, if it is not indicated in the purple achievement book (I don't remember reading it there) I would suggest to add "Lexica botania recipes have been modified, check NEI" or something like that.
I thought it was mentioned but a general rule of thumb is check every recipe in NEI, it feels like most recipes in AE2, Thermal Expansion, and Ender IO are changed and all basic recipes in botania and blood magic. Check all recipes though, a lot of random stuff like certus, fluix, yellorite, and teslatite dust all have recipes so just check anything you think you might need and don't assume any progression is the same, particularly for anything vaguely techy.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need charged certus quartz for anything I think, certus and fluix dust are both craftable with added recipes so even if you do need some just craft some fluix crystals with the added recipe and make a charger.

Thanks alot.
I pretty much looks at every recipe in NEI for applied energistics to look what changed, but forgot to look at the fluix-dust recipe xD

jurcan

Jul 29, 2019
I thought it was mentioned but a general rule of thumb is check every recipe in NEI, it feels like most recipes in AE2, Thermal Expansion, and Ender IO are changed and all basic recipes in botania and blood magic. Check all recipes though, a lot of random stuff like certus, fluix, yellorite, and teslatite dust all have recipes so just check anything you think you might need and don't assume any progression is the same, particularly for anything vaguely techy.
Yeah, it does say to use NEI if you can't get a recipe, but since it was written in the lexica botania, I somehow assumed that one should be correct (wrongly assumed it seems xD)

And regarding the apothecary, major derp. It looks like I read threads and instantly forget what is written in them. As someone said earlier, it's an issue with bambuckets (can only use a stack of 1 to place water).