[1.7.10] Phoenix Reborn [Tech/Magic] [Progression] [Ores]

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Thanks. I haven't tried villagers yet, guess I'll just transmute some.

I definitely got at least one egg from a chicken, so I guess you just got unlucky with the timer. At least I got one in the previous version.
If chickens don't work out for you, you could always try mutating some soybeans and using tofu instead.
I've definitely had a chicken egg farm going. Unless I messed something up, it should still be working.
To the devs:
FLORA seems ridiculously overpowered, even moreso than ProjectE. I've only got the Redstone Set, and there seems to be nothing in the game I can take any damage from. I've just been to the Deep dark, it was a lot easier than I imagined.
Heh, I guess in this pack, things can get a little unbalanced. Considering that once you've got Red Matter Armour, you actually are invincible, I actually see the FLORA armour as worse than that. Although you can add several liquids to make yourself super-human, adding too many will end up with rather negative side effects. It's probably just a little more balanced than ProjectE.
Apart from that, there's some weird stuff going on with NEI and the Witches Oven, for example, if I look up the recipes for a red mushroom, NEI says I can get one by cooking a grilled mushroom in the Witches Oven. This only happens if I hover over a red or brown mushroom and press NEI's recipe key, the recipe isn't listed otherwise. Also, asking NEI for the usage of a Beetle Larva tells me I can make it into all sorts of things in the oven, such as grasshopper legs or titan chops.
Actually putting any of these items into the Witches Oven does nothing.
Lastly, are you supposed to get 240 pieces of sulfur by putting nether sulfur ore into the grindstone? It's not a recipe I used a lot apart from confirming that it works, because the grindstone is annoying, but it's still an absurdly high number.
I'll look at the Witches Oven things, and I'm already looking on how to stop the Sulfur/Saltpeter from getting duplicated like that in a grindstone.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention one thing: Whatever mod shows you the hunger values for food items (I think it's Spice of Life?) gets it wrong sometimes: Hovering over a Middle Fruit from Erebus tells me it would fill up my saturation bar completely, when it actually just fills half a shank of saturation. The same goes for some other items; I don't recall which ones right now, but they also had half a shank of real saturation.

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention one thing: Whatever mod shows you the hunger values for food items (I think it's Spice of Life?) gets it wrong sometimes: Hovering over a Middle Fruit from Erebus tells me it would fill up my saturation bar completely, when it actually just fills half a shank of saturation. The same goes for some other items; I don't recall which ones right now, but they also had half a shank of real saturation.
All the Erebus foods are like this...

Vitachan

Jul 29, 2019
Crash Log! I was making a random RFtools dimension to try to find dimension shards and got this when I tried to teleport to it. I've successfully TP'd to other dimensions, so I'm guess the block listed (Bluepower marble if I'm reading the log correctly) is breaking the world.

Attachments

• crash-2015-02-07_09.46.28-server.txt
    339.5 KB · Views: 56

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Crash Log! I was making a random RFtools dimension to try to find dimension shards and got this when I tried to teleport to it. I've successfully TP'd to other dimensions, so I'm guess the block listed (Bluepower marble if I'm reading the log correctly) is breaking the world.

If that block is indeed causing problems I should probably add it to the blacklist. Can you tell me the information from the dimension? (sneak-right click with the dimension tab in your hand)

What's the line in dimlets.cfg for that specific block?

Thanks,

Vitachan

Jul 29, 2019
If that block is indeed causing problems I should probably add it to the blacklist. Can you tell me the information from the dimension? (sneak-right click with the dimension tab in your hand)

Thanks,

As soon as I teach myself how to move myself back to the overworld I can... Kinda stuck in loading crashes in the other dimension atm XD

Vitachan

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks,

Here's a screenshot of all the information from a shift right click on the dim tab

Attachments

• 2015-02-07_10.26.13.png
    2015-02-07_10.26.13.png
    416.1 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: buggirlexpres

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
I've started a new world and I love progressive automation wooden miner.

Damned this thing use so much cobble !

I'm tired of mining cobble (I mine for the miner :p).

I think to make a vanilla cobble generator but I'm in early stage and I don't think bambucket can hold lava.

I know in the overworld there are only iron, coal, redstone and lapis but the wooden miner give me no iron :mad:

tigertomd

Jul 29, 2019
I've started a new world and I love progressive automation wooden miner.

Damned this thing use so much cobble !

I'm tired of mining cobble (I mine for the miner :p).

I think to make a vanilla cobble generator but I'm in early stage and I don't think bambucket can hold lava.

I know in the overworld there are only iron, coal, redstone and lapis but the wooden miner give me no iron :mad:

No, the bambucket won't hold lava, only water and Erubus liquids.

Also, the wooden miner can only mine cobblestone, dirt, gravel and coal, as the miner can only mine up to the level that the machine is at. So a stone one can mine iron and lapis, and the iron one can mine redstone.

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
Is there no easier way to get Wither Skeleton Skulls? I find it a pain in the ass to wander around the nether for hours at a time trying to get Wither Skulls.
I tried making a skeleton spawner in the nether, only spawns normal skeletons.
I thought I could transmute some skulls, but they don't have any EMC, so that's a no-go.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Is there no easier way to get Wither Skeleton Skulls? I find it a pain in the ass to wander around the nether for hours at a time trying to get Wither Skulls.
I tried making a skeleton spawner in the nether, only spawns normal skeletons.
I thought I could transmute some skulls, but they don't have any EMC, so that's a no-go.
You might be able to use the powered spawner if you can capture a wither skeleton? Never tried myself, I'd also suggest looking into witchery as while I aren't up to it in this pack in other 1.7.10 I have been and you can summon the wither with just one skull.

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
Using a powered spawner to get a wither skeleton doesn't work, neither by capturing a wither skeleton nor by setting up a regular skeleton spawner in the nether. It seems like not even a diamond dolly to set up a vanilla skeleton spawner in the nether will work - you get some skeletons that are named wither skeletons, but they are just regular skeletons and drop regular skeleton items. I don't get exactly what is going on there, because it works in other packs (tested it in Direwolf20 1.7.10)
You'll just have to hunt for Wither Skeletons in Nether Fortresses like the rest of us do. You could use various tricks to speed the process up, of course, like using the sword The Ender from Ender IO with Looting enchants (getting specific enchants is pretty easy with EnderIO's Enchanter), or looking into Witchery's method of spawning the Wither. Finally, you just need to spawn a single Wither - you can transmute the Nether Star with ProjectE in the future.

As for the progressive automation miner, I just found it to be not worth it. It's better to just craft torches from blocks of coal and go mining like in vanilla. I actually set up a cobblegen - not by moving lava, but by working a cobblegen around an existing pool of lava. Then I realised that I can't actually automate mining that cobble without at least Erebus-Tier materials, and when I had those materials I just made a nether portal and made the philosopher's stone.

I'm somewhat mystified by EnderIO's travel anchor. Whenever I use it, I only rarely land directly on the travel anchor, but slightly beside it. This means that chaining multiple travel anchors together to jump multiple times is pretty annoying; and the range of the travel anchor ended up a bit too short for the way I built things, so I have to use multiple anchors. I know that Material Energy^4 has travel anchors where you land directly on top of the anchors, how do they do that?

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
I just had to throw out a whole bunch of brass, because I couldn't use it to craft anything. It's not that bad, because I have a tonne of resources, but slightly frustrating.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Also, the wooden miner can only mine cobblestone, dirt, gravel and coal, as the miner can only mine up to the level that the machine is at. So a stone one can mine iron and lapis, and the iron one can mine redstone.
Then I think I've found a bug.

My wooden miner mine redstone and lapis but I've to update it to stone to mine iron.

It's the cobblestone problem that annoy me

And for such saying me to go vanilla mining I replied I hate mining for hours.

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Using a powered spawner to get a wither skeleton doesn't work, neither by capturing a wither skeleton nor by setting up a regular skeleton spawner in the nether. It seems like not even a diamond dolly to set up a vanilla skeleton spawner in the nether will work - you get some skeletons that are named wither skeletons, but they are just regular skeletons and drop regular skeleton items. I don't get exactly what is going on there, because it works in other packs (tested it in Direwolf20 1.7.10)
You'll just have to hunt for Wither Skeletons in Nether Fortresses like the rest of us do. You could use various tricks to speed the process up, of course, like using the sword The Ender from Ender IO with Looting enchants (getting specific enchants is pretty easy with EnderIO's Enchanter), or looking into Witchery's method of spawning the Wither. Finally, you just need to spawn a single Wither - you can transmute the Nether Star with ProjectE in the future.

As for the progressive automation miner, I just found it to be not worth it. It's better to just craft torches from blocks of coal and go mining like in vanilla. I actually set up a cobblegen - not by moving lava, but by working a cobblegen around an existing pool of lava. Then I realised that I can't actually automate mining that cobble without at least Erebus-Tier materials, and when I had those materials I just made a nether portal and made the philosopher's stone.

I'm somewhat mystified by EnderIO's travel anchor. Whenever I use it, I only rarely land directly on the travel anchor, but slightly beside it. This means that chaining multiple travel anchors together to jump multiple times is pretty annoying; and the range of the travel anchor ended up a bit too short for the way I built things, so I have to use multiple anchors. I know that Material Energy^4 has travel anchors where you land directly on top of the anchors, how do they do that?
I'm not sure, but I may be able to fix the powered spawner with Wither Skeletons problem. I'd have to test.

And as for the Travel Anchors, I haven't experienced that. I'll look into it.
I just had to throw out a whole bunch of brass, because I couldn't use it to craft anything. It's not that bad, because I have a tonne of resources, but slightly frustrating.
Ouh, I knew I forgot to do something in the update. That I can fix easily.