[1.7.10] Phoenix Reborn [Tech/Magic] [Progression] [Ores]

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So I ended up heading into the ocean when the island we were on had no surface mushrooms, found another island 2k blocks away which while I didn't see any mushrooms did have a village on it. That village had a blacksmith with 3 diamonds in it, so we went to the nether and got our mushrooms that way.

So yes that was the result of my exploration for mushrooms, you may want to remove diamonds as loot along with gold though.

EDIT: So I tried to startup the server for 1.0.18 but I crash when trying. http://pastebin.com/k3e6PWpF for the log.

Last edited:

captproton17

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is a Bug, or that my Minecraft pack is corrupted. But whenever I try to used any if the Progressive Automation Machine, my console spam like crazy, and my game just lag like crazy. I just look at the machine, it start spamming. I can't have any of them running, or it just does it the same. Can someone figure out what might be problem. It doesn't crash my game, but it get real close.
Here small sample of the code, it just repeat.. http://pastebin.com/6aq4JtBE for the log. Note: Running the latest version, has happen on other version s well.

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
So I ended up heading into the ocean when the island we were on had no surface mushrooms, found another island 2k blocks away which while I didn't see any mushrooms did have a village on it. That village had a blacksmith with 3 diamonds in it, so we went to the nether and got our mushrooms that way.

So yes that was the result of my exploration for mushrooms, you may want to remove diamonds as loot along with gold though.

EDIT: So I tried to startup the server for 1.0.18 but I crash when trying. http://pastebin.com/k3e6PWpF for the log.
Well, a manasteel pick can also pick up obsidian. And you can get that super-early, it just takes iron and a botania mana pool. So you could always create a Nether portal before the Erebus one.

For the crash, here's why:

[18:24:32] [Server thread/WARN]: Failed to load eula.txt
[18:24:32] [Server thread/INFO]: You need to agree to the EULA in order to run the server. Go to eula.txt for more info.

You need to agree to the eula by modifying the eula.txt file.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
This is awesome!...Except I always spawn in a savanna, and all I see is savanna for miles....every world....always....savanna O.O
Well, you're more lucky than those in a Mesa. Savanna, Mesa, and Plains are generally the only biomes you'll come across. Sometimes you may find a desert between a Savanna and Mesa, or a sprinkling of Forest in the plains, but otherwise, those are the only biomes you'll see in the overworld.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Well, a manasteel pick can also pick up obsidian. And you can get that super-early, it just takes iron and a botania mana pool. So you could always create a Nether portal before the Erebus one.
That would've been useful to know, I'm pretty sure know what's getting nerfed in the next update now though.

On a different note the server works now so thanks, I did get a couple of errors with the configs but I managed to get around them. For the PT the errors were malformed xml on line 106 of CustomOreGen_Config.xml that seemed to be weird attributes so I just deleted the COGactive' bit and the blacksmith file in too much loot which I ended up deleting after my attempt at fixing the json not working.

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
To make a dimension, I need a Dimension Enscriber, which costs two ink sacs.
I have not seen a single squid in my world, and neither has my friend who is also playing. Are there squid and I'm completely missing them? Some of the other recipes (like written books) use Black Floral Powder (Or Floral Black Powder, my game is closed atm so can't check), so I can only guess that there are no squid.
The only other way to get ink sacs is to pulverize black wool, which is how I have managed to get some, is this the intended way to get ink sacs for the recipes that require specifically ink sacs?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
To make a dimension, I need a Dimension Enscriber, which costs two ink sacs.
I have not seen a single squid in my world, and neither has my friend who is also playing. Are there squid and I'm completely missing them? Some of the other recipes (like written books) use Black Floral Powder (Or Floral Black Powder, my game is closed atm so can't check), so I can only guess that there are no squid.
The only other way to get ink sacs is to pulverize black wool, which is how I have managed to get some, is this the intended way to get ink sacs for the recipes that require specifically ink sacs?

Well you can always use other black dyes instead of ink sacs. I know that there are some black flowers from botania that you can use to make black dye and that should also work for all recipes that require inksacs.

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
Well you can always use other black dyes instead of ink sacs. I know that there are some black flowers from botania that you can use to make black dye and that should also work for all recipes that require inksacs.
Most recipes, yes, but not all. The recipe for the written book, when viewed in NEI, cycles between the ink sac and the botania powder, the Dimension Enscriber does not.

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
I can edit the recipe to use the black floral powder as well, should be easy enough.
I don't actually have a problem with the recipe personally, it just meant I had to dye a bunch of wool to pulverize to get ink sacs to dye sheep to get black wool to pulverize to get more ink sacs. Other people may take issue with it, because it doesn't seem consistent with the rest of the recipes.

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
Doublepost! Just so that it gets seen.

Is the ME Controller supposed to be crafted with skystone? I haven't seen any skystone in my world at all, as meteors don't spawn, and this makes the controller impossible to craft. Unless there's meteors in RFTools dimensions, but I haven't figured out those yet.

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I'm really loving this pack. It's very challenging. I'm currently dying over and over in the Erebus.

Just a few questions/requests though:

Are portals in the Erebus supposed to spawn so high up in the air that you fall to your death when you step off?
I've built two portals to the Erebus so far, one on a plateau and the other further down, but the linked portals are both deathtraps.

Apart from that, other people have already mentioned that some crafting recipes are impossible for most of the game because they require ink sacs specifically.
Apart from the Dimension Enscriber, there's also the fancy workbench and the clipboard that do that (possibly more, those are all the recipes I noticed so far). Could you add modtweaker recipes so that these things can be made from any black dye, please?
Might also wanna go upstream and tell the makers of the mods in question that they should change their recipes, if they haven't already.

I also sent a PM to Gideon about a possible exploit in the Erebus.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Doublepost! Just so that it gets seen.

Is the ME Controller supposed to be crafted with skystone? I haven't seen any skystone in my world at all, as meteors don't spawn, and this makes the controller impossible to craft. Unless there's meteors in RFTools dimensions, but I haven't figured out those yet.
Oh dear, is it crafted with skystone? I'll probably push an update today that will fix everything that's been cropping up.
Hey, I'm really loving this pack. It's very challenging. I'm currently dying over and over in the Erebus.

Are portals in the Erebus supposed to spawn so high up in the air that you fall to your death when you step off?
I've built two portals to the Erebus so far, one on a plateau and the other further down, but the linked portals are both deathtraps.

Apart from that, other people have already mentioned that some crafting recipes are impossible for most of the game because they require ink sacs specifically.
Apart from the Dimension Enscriber, there's also the fancy workbench and the clipboard that do that (possibly more, those are all the recipes I noticed so far). Could you add modtweaker recipes so that these things can be made from any black dye, please?
Might also wanna go upstream and tell the makers of the mods in question that they should change their recipes, if they haven't already.

I'm not sure why squids aren't spawning, but I'll be changing the recipes to use the Oredict entry for black dye anyway.

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019

In my experience, the portal in Erebus is just random in location. 2 out of 4 times it's been high up in the air and we had to platform over to somewhere safe or bring water and waterfall down. The other 2 times, we spawned in the middle of a "hill" and had to tunnel out. Even worse, when my brother was playing, he didn't bring his staff with him, so didn't have a way home, and the portal was high up in the air. :) Kind of silly the other portal isn't automatically active, IMO. But that's the risk when you add a new, immature, mod to a pack like this.

captproton17

Jul 29, 2019
I'm enjoying this pack very much. Wish it didn't rain so much. Seem to rain every night.. maybe I need to move to drier location. But thou it doesn't rain over my home, I can tell when it does rain. Also using Mods, that I haven't much experience playing with, Steve Factory manager. Trying to automatic growing crops, but giving issue. Having no trouble harvesting, just planting them seem the pain. Plant the crop sticks, but seeds throw on ground.

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
I'm enjoying this pack very much. Wish it didn't rain so much. Seem to rain every night.. maybe I need to move to drier location. But thou it doesn't rain over my home, I can tell when it does rain. Also using Mods, that I haven't much experience playing with, Steve Factory manager. Trying to automatic growing crops, but giving issue. Having no trouble harvesting, just planting them seem the pain. Plant the crop sticks, but seeds throw on ground.
The modpack has the TooMuchRain mod, so you could go in and tweak the configs to your liking. And since it has the mod, the amount of rain must be on purpose? Most overworld biomes are desert-like so you don't see the rain, just the dark sky and lightning if it happens. Interestingly, the Agricraft wooden tanks benefit from the constant rain. Even if it doesn't technically show the rain, if it's raining, the wooden tanks auto-fill. So the constant rain is nice, really.

Edit: As for automating agricraft, I haven't found a good way yet in this pack. Autonomous activators work, but you'd need one per plant. I haven't really tried with Steve's Factory Manager yet, though. You'd need to simulate a right click, which I'm not sure there's a way with Factory Manager to do that.

Last edited: