[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Ok. I just need an answer: Which mod is making vanilla diamond tools useless?

Probably either IguanaTweaks or Iguana Tinker's Tweaks. More likely the latter.

Also note: You can put a diamond on any Tinker's tool with an open modifier to give it +500 durability and mining level Obsidian. An emerald will give it +50% durability (better if the pick already has more than 1000 durability), but I'm not sure what it does about mining level.

sphalerite

Jul 29, 2019
These are screenshots of a dimension I created with the following dimlets: Sky: Inferno, and Feature: Volcano, and I let the random do the rest. The dimension was made of Nether Cobalt Ore (which did not explode, by the way) and has sky islands with lakes of what appears to be molten silver flowing off the edge. In between the Nether Cobalt land and the molten silver lakes, there were features of random desert and savanna biomes. The volcanoes are quite scary, they are constantly exploding and creating lava and cobblestone everywhere. Also, mineshafts generated floating over the void. This dimension took my fairly beefy computer a long time to load.

2015-03-25_04.37.03.png 2015-03-25_04.37.22.png 2015-03-25_04.39.18.png 2015-03-25_04.40.31.png

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
Spalerite's scary pictures reminded me that I haven't told you about my dimension. I've got villagers as a mob type and fools iron spheres everywhere:

2015-03-25_16.06.36.png

The villagers are also really hungry and that should explain my early focus on AgriCraft. I know they're turning around and selling the stack of veggies they bought from me for 3 emeralds each to other hungry villagers but I'm still making a fortune.

Stupid useless maganese that I can't even turn into a good pick. I've got a clever branch mine and ad hoc'd a special level specially for finding lapis lazuli ore and have yet to see a single one. With lapis seemingly as rare as Herobrine I might be forced to give up on ExtraUtils solar panels and RFTools machine blocks. I might have had trouble finding a use for maganese ingots or dust, I've since discovered that blocks of maganese can be turned into ProjeectE solar collectors. But I don't want to skip ahead of the story so I'm off to the Herobrine mines. :D

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
Tried installing 1.0.3 from FTB launcher (and later from MultiMC)
Getting a crash during pre-init. Custom Items.

http://pastebin.com/SksgS3Ny

From what I can tell about how badly I can read crash logs...CustomItems is crapping out because it can't access .\minecraft\config\customitems\defaultConfig-1.8.json

But there isn't anything accessing that file. Also, my Google-fu didn't lead me to anyone else having this issue.

Has anyone else had this happen? or know a way that I could try out this modpack without removing CustomItems?

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Spalerite's scary pictures reminded me that I haven't told you about my dimension. I've got villagers as a mob type and fools iron spheres everywhere:

View attachment 16741

The villagers are also really hungry and that should explain my early focus on AgriCraft. I know they're turning around and selling the stack of veggies they bought from me for 3 emeralds each to other hungry villagers but I'm still making a fortune.

Stupid useless maganese that I can't even turn into a good pick. I've got a clever branch mine and ad hoc'd a special level specially for finding lapis lazuli ore and have yet to see a single one. With lapis seemingly as rare as Herobrine I might be forced to give up on ExtraUtils solar panels and RFTools machine blocks. I might have had trouble finding a use for maganese ingots or dust, I've since discovered that blocks of maganese can be turned into ProjeectE solar collectors. But I don't want to skip ahead of the story so I'm off to the Herobrine mines. :D
From configs it looks that Lapis is between lvls 48 and 64 - not where you'd expect it.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
From configs it looks that Lapis is between lvls 48 and 64 - not where you'd expect it.
There's actually a mod in Pathfinder that tells you the distribution of ores when you look up their recipes in NEI. Not sure which mod it is, but it's quite handy.

Lapis in Pathfinder, as it turns out, has something of an unusual distribution. There's one peak around y=20ish and another, bigger, at y=55. So your best bet is to branch mine at y-level 55. I can confirm that lapis does, indeed, spawn at this depth, but it's fairly rare. You'll get much more aluminum, iron, coal, and other metals than lapis.

Side note: Full cobalt hammer is awesome for branch mining. I got lucky with my first world and ended up with nether cobalt ore spheres. Took me a while to get to the point where I could mine it, though- no caves means no lava at y=11, and the only source of lava to power my smeltery that I've found is a crater about 900 blocks from my base.

sphalerite

Jul 29, 2019
For those that are having trouble finding mass quantities of Lapis, you can actually farm Lapis using blue sheep. It takes two pieces of Lapis to dye the sheep blue but then you can shear them and put blue wool in the pulverizer and it has a 5% chance of getting Lapis. This might not sound like much but Lapis seems like it's honestly rarer than diamonds in this, even mining at the recommended y=49 for this pack.

If there's another source of blue dye that I don't know about from this pack that you can use to dye sheep blue, then use that instead and it'll be completely free Lapis.

Reactions: AuoroP

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else had this happen? or know a way that I could try out this modpack without removing CustomItems?
The launcher has 5 main tabs along the top and 3rd party packs is where you'll find pathfinder... Once you've selected Pathfinder, under those tabs are 5 small buttons; click Edit Mod Pack. You get two lists: Enabled Mods and Disabled mods. Select "customitems..." and click the disable button at the top. No more crashing!? :D

Thanks to everyone for your help! :D I'll put up a sign on the lapis barrel thanking: Perspicacious, Bob73 and spalerite.

I'm planning for elevator blocks so I've got know copper and tin would be missed by the single level so I've got levels ~60s, 40s and 20s above 11. :D

There's actually a mod in Pathfinder that tells you the distribution of ores when you look up their recipes in NEI. Not sure which mod it is, but it's quite handy.
Chuckled-In-Quiet at my miss, I've wished such a mod would exist but never bothered to check if it does! I wonder if it gives expected or actual distributions? I'll check manganese!

If there's another source of blue dye that I don't know about from this pack that you can use to dye sheep blue, then use that instead and it'll be completely free Lapis.
I've got blue flowers everywhere! Even right next to my sheep farm! I kind of doubt it'll work but I've already been trying to farm them; without readily apparent success but the same is true for mu

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
The launcher has 5 main tabs along the top and 3rd party packs is where you'll find pathfinder... Once you've selected Pathfinder, under those tabs are 5 small buttons; click Edit Mod Pack. You get two lists: Enabled Mods and Disabled mods. Select "customitems..." and click the disable button at the top. No more crashing!? :D

snip

I know I could remove the mod, but it was added to the modpack for a reason. So I'm wanting to play the modpack as designed. Not removing random mods.
Also that isn't solving the issue.

Mooglet

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so. Im trying to do a server with my friend. When we start we spawn in Dimension 0 in no real defined area. Just open ground and no ship around. We can't seem to get it to force spawn in Dimension 3 (ship [perfectspawn]). so we cant actually start. Anyone have any help on the situation??

Also now my single player world spawns me with the items i was holding when i stopped playing last, but on a flat desert plain

Last edited:

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
I know I could remove the mod, but it was added to the modpack for a reason. So I'm wanting to play the modpack as designed. Not removing random mods.
Also that isn't solving the issue.
LOL too early for reading it would seem. Sorry!

I'm using the final update of Java 1.7 (x64) on Windows and Pathfinder recommended (1.03) has never failed to get to the loading screen. All I've got is a suggestion to delete Pathfinder folder and try to reinstall.

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
LOL too early for reading it would seem. Sorry!

I'm using the final update of Java 1.7 (x64) on Windows and Pathfinder recommended (1.03) has never failed to get to the loading screen. All I've got is a suggestion to delete Pathfinder folder and try to reinstall.
Same issue.
Java V7 Update 45 x64

egor66

Jul 29, 2019

View attachment 16741

Later in the pack you will find many uses for maganese, & you will need a lot of it, hoard in in barrels for later use.

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
Minor Bug:
My Ferrous pick cannot mine Cobalt Ore.
But it can mine Dense Cobalt Ore.

KeepOnDigging!

Yhere

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I got a prob' that I can't resolve by myself so i'm asking in the thread;
I've download the 3rd party game today and some textures (items) are missing same for textures in the quest book.
I've got some error that tells : GL error, pre render, out of memory.
There is the link for the pastbin : http://pastebin.com/haGkNXH5.

regards,
Yhere.

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I got a prob' that I can't resolve by myself so i'm asking in the thread;
I've download the 3rd party game today and some textures (items) are missing same for textures in the quest book.
I've got some error that tells : GL error, pre render, out of memory.
There is the link for the pastbin : http://pastebin.com/haGkNXH5.

regards,
Yhere.

From what I can see, you are only using a 32bit System... most FTB Packs will only run on a 64bit