[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

Cattatra

Jul 29, 2019
Noooes :p So a surface pool is gonna be my only hope for my Smelter then I'm guessing :) Thanks though :)

Spywerd

Jul 29, 2019
Well I really want to like this pack but the item stacking limitations just make it not for me. I like building things, it's impossible to build when you have 9 inventory slots and 16 blocks per stack. It's just tedious. Honestly I think I'm going to edit the config to get my inventory back and make blocks stack right. You have a great, very unique idea, but the insistance on forcing a singular play style on players is the exact opposite of what makes Minecraft, and modded Minecraft exciting.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Well I really want to like this pack but the item stacking limitations just make it not for me. I like building things, it's impossible to build when you have 9 inventory slots and 16 blocks per stack. It's just tedious. Honestly I think I'm going to edit the config to get my inventory back and make blocks stack right. You have a great, very unique idea, but the insistance on forcing a singular play style on players is the exact opposite of what makes Minecraft, and modded Minecraft exciting.
Once again - I know it's not for everyone. But neither is the super-hard Blood 'n Bones or the insane hunger and thirst quest that is Crash Landing. I'm just doing something that hasn't been done before.

Spywerd

Jul 29, 2019
Well it's a great idea, just has some very silly ideas. Over the course of progression do you unlock larger item stacks? I read in the thread hunting through it that you do unlock more inventory space. If the item stacking can be unlocked by progression I'll just wait it out, otherwise I think I'm going to mess with the config because I want to build nice things. Hope it isn't destroying any vision for your game.

Hossumquat

Jul 29, 2019
Well it's a great idea, just has some very silly ideas. Over the course of progression do you unlock larger item stacks? I read in the thread hunting through it that you do unlock more inventory space. If the item stacking can be unlocked by progression I'll just wait it out, otherwise I think I'm going to mess with the config because I want to build nice things. Hope it isn't destroying any vision for your game.

If you do edit the configs, can you make a post here with the changes so I can do it too? Thanks.

Rkurnelm

Jul 29, 2019
First off great job on the pack, I love it. So much in fact that I went ahead, broke down and made an account here after several years of just reading posts that google directed me to. The focus on exploration and away from sheer HC survival is one that isn't seen much and I can very much appreciate it. Even mechanics that are some what annoying like the lack of inventory (that can be upgraded) and encumbrance are actually nice to see. Alongside the entries in the quest manual are well written, they give a bit of insight to the lore but don't go over the top and fail to explain what you need to do. That being said:

A couple of things I've noticed since starting up a test world (looking at new packs for my little community). Both of which center around documentation.

1. Working with Fluxed-Crystals. Harvesting the various crystals doesn't give you the materials you need to get the ingots and such. The quest documentation indicates that after growing the crystals, harvesting, and placing 9 in a crafting grid you will get the resource you're aiming at. This isn't the case. Looking through NEI you need several rough crystal shards inside a refiner, and there is no indication (even through NEI) on how to get these. Direct harvesting yields Rough ____ Chunk according to NEI, beyond deco (which is mentioned in the manual) the only use for rough chunks are for the flimflam enchant. Running chunks through the refiner creates a graphic like it is working, but after letting it sit and work for a while (chunk loaded via anchor) it does nothing. Can the quest manual be updated to be a bit more clear on how to work with this? As is it gets you to the harvest phase but no further.

2. The manganese activators and "special" blocks. There are quests that request these items but once again there are no directions at all on how to get them. Once again NEI is silent, and the quest manual does a good job of explaining what they do and how they're used but nothing regarding on crafting/obtaining them. Are they a reward, are they craftable, do you need to find a trader, are they loot in a dungeon? Some kind of information here would be useful. As is there is nothing beyond being a Custom Item and what they do.

I look forward to seeing where this pack goes, it is a new slant that I've not seen before and am eager to work with. Good job folks, good job.

Rkurnelm

Reactions: buggirlexpres

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
1. Working with Fluxed-Crystals. Harvesting the various crystals doesn't give you the materials you need to get the ingots and such. The quest documentation indicates that after growing the crystals, harvesting, and placing 9 in a crafting grid you will get the resource you're aiming at. This isn't the case. Looking through NEI you need several rough crystal shards inside a refiner, and there is no indication (even through NEI) on how to get these. Direct harvesting yields Rough ____ Chunk according to NEI, beyond deco (which is mentioned in the manual) the only use for rough chunks are for the flimflam enchant. Running chunks through the refiner creates a graphic like it is working, but after letting it sit and work for a while (chunk loaded via anchor) it does nothing. Can the quest manual be updated to be a bit more clear on how to work with this? As is it gets you to the harvest phase but no further.

2. The manganese activators and "special" blocks. There are quests that request these items but once again there are no directions at all on how to get them. Once again NEI is silent, and the quest manual does a good job of explaining what they do and how they're used but nothing regarding on crafting/obtaining them. Are they a reward, are they craftable, do you need to find a trader, are they loot in a dungeon? Some kind of information here would be useful. As is there is nothing beyond being a Custom Item and what they do.
For both of these, it's probably a case of the scripts not loading properly. I've fixed that for the build I'm pushing tonight, but until that goes live, you can do "/mt reload" to *hopefully* fix the issues.

Rkurnelm

Jul 29, 2019
For both of these, it's probably a case of the scripts not loading properly. I've fixed that for the build I'm pushing tonight, but until that goes live, you can do "/mt reload" to *hopefully* fix the issues.

Worked like a charm, thanks mate. Keep up the good work. Weren't you also on the Lord of the Rings modpack as well? That one rocked too lol.

-Rkurnelm

Reactions: buggirlexpres

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
So.... I finally managed to get some nether wart (not an easy task...)

Due to agricraft, I cant plant it normaly on soulsand and I have to use the crop sticks on the soulsand. It lets me plant the nether wart but then I have a message on NEI saying that the plant cant grow there and it doesnt grow....
How am I supposed to grow the nether wart? I noticed we have the 1.3.1 version that fixed some issues with the soul sand but so I must be doing something wrong. On the other hand, there is no Nitor Wart in the NEI and this was also added in Agricraft 1.3.1 and I dont see it being removed in the MT scripts....

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Alright, 1.0.2 has been pushed to the repo. Give it a while to sync, but it is up.
Changelog:
Code:
* Added new voiceover, courtesy of Raetac
* Added AromaCore
* Added AromaBackup
* Added Steve's Addons
* Added OpenComputers
* Added Thermal Casting //quests will be added soon
* Added QuantumFlux //quests will be added soon
* Updated RFTools //fixes dimensions disappearing on crash, allows beds
* Updated Tinkers' Construct and addons //fixes Ferrous and other Tinker's tools not repairing
* Updated Modtweaker 2 //fixes initial Smeltery/Magma Crucible recipes
* Updated Storage Drawers
* Updated Forge Multipart
* Fixed disabling of dimlets - ONLY APPLIES TO NEW WORLDS
* Fixed Mainspring quest not detecting
* Fixed Nether Wart recipe
* Fixed Body Stone recipe
* Fixed Minetweaker Scripts not always enabling
* Removed EMC from certain items
Thank you @Raetac for the wonderful voiceover that has been included in this update!

If you're interested in a manual download, here they are for Forge 1291:
Client: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlkgk77teqqckv2/Pathfinder.zip?dl=0
Server: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g1zg5e6oh14h29l/PathfinderServer.zip?dl=0

As well, I have added the pack to the Phoenix Team Github, so it can now be found here: https://github.com/PhoenixTeamMC/Pathfinder/tree/master

And, well...

*ahem*

Known issues:
Code:
* Jared broke Modtweaker *again* so you can only load one world without restarting.
* Certain dimlet quests will no longer detect properly (mainly crafting ones, you'll need to /hqm edit your way by these)
* Server crash
* Gem of Eternal Density has.... issues

Last edited:

Spywerd

Jul 29, 2019
If you do edit the configs, can you make a post here with the changes so I can do it too? Thanks.
Hey man, sure thing. Basically go into Iquana Tweaks and where it lists stacks as a heading you should see some info + numbers. The pack has it 4, 4, 2. I assume that is divisions of 64 but idk, anyway just make them all 0 and you can stack items to your heart's content.

It's a much needed change. Though sadly it screws up the encumberance system and I don't know how to get that back. You win some, you lose some.

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
Just finished the Quest Book (had to cheat in body stone :( ). The pack is really fun! :D Firstly i hated Spice of Life but i gave it another try and it was worth it. Hope to see more quests and mods (questline for Draconic Evolution mmmmm :D ) Keep good work! :D
i like the way spice is set up in here, you dont loose food gain just saturation from the food, so you dont have to look for 20 different foods to eat, with the lack of inventory space that would be insane

nr33

Jul 29, 2019
is there anyway into the nether or the overworld? Also do diamonds spawn in the basic world (first made)?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Known issue:
Code:
<McJty> Gideon, btw. I  just crafted effect none for excalibur but the quest book doesn't update
<McJty> Still says 0%
<Gideon> D:
<McJty> I do have to craft the other one though
* xXKhyXx-InGame has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
<Gideon> That's not good
<McJty> How are you detecting that it is crafted?
<xolan> ive never used opencomputers but if it uses lua ill be farming with robots asap
<McJty> i.e. just that the dimlet format has changed.
<Gideon> Crafting detection
<Gideon> Not sure how that works
<McJty> Gideon, detecting based on what criteria exactly?
<Gideon> If it's crafted :P
<Gideon> I'm using the dimlet out of NEI from around version 2.5x
<McJty> Ok, that's the reason it fails.
<McJty> The dimlets are done differently now.
<Gideon> Ah
<McJty> i.e. the big 'id' change from my changelog was about that.
<Gideon> Yup
<Gideon> I'll take care of that later
<Gideon> I'm going to head to bed now
<Gideon> Haven't slept for what seems like forever
<Gideon> FTB and school stuff
* You are now known as Gideon|Sleep
<McJty> ok :-)
<McJty> Can I force completion of that quest?
<McJty> So that I can continue?
<Gideon|Sleep> Yeah
<Gideon|Sleep>  /hqm edit
<McJty> ok thanks and sleep well
is there anyway into the nether or the overworld? Also do diamonds spawn in the basic world (first made)?
Diamonds will spawn at their normal levels wherever there is stone. There's no way to access the Nether, however, Netherrack will still contain Nether Quart, Glowstone, Cobalt, Ardite, and Yellorite no matter where it is.

Ruler_of_cakes

Jul 29, 2019
I created the 2nd dimension(Which is custom), and I got shocked by the result. I put in an Material Ardite dimlet and Liquid Rocket Fuel dimlet hoping for an insane dimension full of your material needs, and what I got was floating dirt islands. Literally, even stone was quite rare.
What did I possisbly do wrong? I also put in effect none dimlet and time evening dimlet. at least those 2 worked.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I created the 2nd dimension(Which is custom), and I got shocked by the result. I put in an Material Ardite dimlet and Liquid Rocket Fuel dimlet hoping for an insane dimension full of your material needs, and what I got was floating dirt islands. Literally, even stone was quite rare.
What did I possisbly do wrong? I also put in effect none dimlet and time evening dimlet. at least those 2 worked.

Did you put a terrain or feature dimlet after the material dimlets? Material dimlets on their own don't do anything. They are modifiers that need to have a feature after them. i.e. <material ardite> followed by <terrain normal> or <material ardite> followed by <feature tendrils>.