[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Even if @McJty 'fixes' night and makes it configurable.... I think beds should still be disabled in this pack.
Its peaceful, no need to fear mobs and avoid the night. Avoiding the night just makes hardcore darkness useless on surface
As long as there is an option, I'd be fine with that. In my opinion, Hardcore Darkness adds no challenge, only a minor annoyance. It doesn't serve a gameplay purpose in my eyes.

Toskin

Jul 29, 2019
Found another bug:

When my first dimension was created from zinc ore, I tried to create new world. For some reason, minecraft is unable to delete created saves and creating new save with same name (yoursavename-) crashes game. To be worse, when I manually deleted all saves and tried to create new save with same name as before, minecraft crashed again.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
In the end, annoyances are a challenge, since something is more hard to do, due the fact that you also have something annoying you while you try to do it.
Its like adding enviromine and activating thirst. Its not a challenge, its an annoyance but it becomes a challenge since you always need to have water with you and if something goes wrong.... you might die of thirsty.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
In the end, annoyances are a challenge, since something is more hard to do, due the fact that you also have something annoying you while you try to do it.
Its like adding enviromine and activating thirst. Its not a challenge, its an annoyance but it becomes a challenge since you always need to have water with you and if something goes wrong.... you might die of thirsty.
In your Enviromine example, there is a penalty for not drinking. You die. With Hardcore Darkness and the Pathfinder pack, your penalty is... you stand there, in darkness unharmed until the next day. If there were mobs or if hunger drained while standing still, I'd highly agree that Hardcore Darkness provides an addition challenge.

Like I said before, as long as I have the option to change it, I'll be happy.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Hunger Overall is installed so I assume hunger drain while still. havent had the pleasure to play it yet, still at work.
Also, I value my time while playing and sitting still for 7 minutes waiting for the night to go away... is not my style. So I will try to overcome the darkness.

You switched the challenge of making night a viable time to play to the easier annoyance of just not doing nothing for 7 minutes. It is your choice so do not argue that its an annoyance instead of a challenge.

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
Please consider allowing bed usage, as the nights are very boring. Since there are no mobs to fear, I just stand there until day.
actually what i do during the night (not so much now that i found a Time Noon demlit) is work on mutating plants.

Copenex

Jul 29, 2019
I am stuck on the third quest. It is telling me to open up the dialing device and highlight Matter Transmitter and then highlight the other option than Pathfinder.. But there is no other option than Pathfinder.

Edit: I watched the let's play in the post and his quest book told him to go into the Dimension Builder as mine did not.

Last edited:

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
Great pack so far! I'm really enjoying it, though that bed thing is pretty messed up XD. I'm glad I have all my valuables in bags. I agree that the night thing seems a bit awkward, but thats pretty much what I expected trying a pack on the day its released. I hope this pack can iron out the little details because this pretty dang cool if not a little text heavy.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Crash when opening a Steve's Workshop Production Table: http://paste.ee/p/NdA5x

Edit: ping If you really want to nerf torches, you might wanna nerf the stone torches from TiC too. ;)
Yup, looking into the first. And did I really forget those torches again? :p
I am stuck on the third quest. It is telling me to open up the dialing device and highlight Matter Transmitter and then highlight the other option than Pathfinder.. But there is no other option than Pathfinder.

Edit: I watched the let's play in the post and his quest book told him to go into the Dimension Builder as mine did not.
Yeah, put the tab in the Builder. It may have detected you being there already if you were standing by it, though, so you wouldn't have noticed it.
Hey gideon, how come no ae2? Personal preference or did you run into issues adding it?
Personal preference. I love AE2, but it makes storage simple. Everything stored in a couple of blocks, all accessed through a single terminal. I've already done the thing with the inventory, which makes item management a challenge - why not go the full way?

helphelp11

Jul 29, 2019
Is it meant for the first world to be in the middle of the night?

EDIT: And how do you get more inventory space!?

Last edited:

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Is it meant for the first world to be in the middle of the night?

Since the three dimlets leave a lot of dimension features unspecified you can get random things for those. That includes slower time or even fixed day/night. So yes. You can be unlucky enough to have an eternal night world.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Server kicks player with internal error when it connects for the first time.

Server Error:

[19:10:56] [Server thread/INFO] [FML/]: [Server thread] Server side modded connection established
[19:10:56] [Server thread/INFO] [com.mcjty.rftools.RFTools/]: SMP: Sync dimensions to client
[19:10:56] [Server thread/INFO] [com.mcjty.rftools.RFTools/]: Sending over dimension 3 to the client
[19:10:56] [Server thread/WARN] [Baubles/]: Data not found for NunoAgapito. Trying to load backup data.
[19:10:56] [Server thread/INFO] [ProjectE/]: Sent EMC data packets to: NunoAgapito
[19:10:56] [Server thread/INFO] [STDOUT/]: [com.mcjty.rftools.dimension.world.GenericChunkProvider:<init>:169]: MOB: entityClass = class net.minecraft.entity.passive.EntityMooshroom
[19:10:56] [Server thread/INFO] [FML/]: Loading dimension 3 (world) (net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer@557aff4f)
[19:10:56] [Server thread/INFO] [OresPlus/]: Loading ore generators for dimension id 3
[19:10:56] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Exception caught during firing event cpw.mods.fml.common.gameevent.PlayerEvent$PlayerChangedDimensionEvent@34873cc4:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at codechicken.wirelessredstone.addons.RedstoneEtherServerAddons.deactivateRemote(RedstoneEtherServerAddons.java:84) ~[RedstoneEtherServerAddons.class:?]
at codechicken.wirelessredstone.addons.RedstoneEtherServerAddons.onDimensionChange(RedstoneEtherServerAddons.java:210) ~[RedstoneEtherServerAddons.class:?]
at codechicken.wirelessredstone.addons.WRAddonEventHandler.playerDimensionChange(WRAddonEventHandler.java:35) ~[WRAddonEventHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_227_WRAddonEventHandler_playerDimensionChange_PlayerChangedDimensionEvent.invoke(.dynamic) ~[?:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54) ~[ASMEventHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138) [EventBus.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.firePlayerChangedDimensionEvent(FMLCommonHandler.java:545) [FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.management.ServerConfigurationManager.transferPlayerToDimension(ServerConfigurationManager.java:504) [oi.class:?]
at lumien.perfectspawn.Core.PSEventHandler.playerLogin(PSEventHandler.java:110) [PSEventHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_337_PSEventHandler_playerLogin_PlayerLoggedInEvent.invoke(.dynamic) [?:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54) [ASMEventHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138) [EventBus.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.firePlayerLoggedIn(FMLCommonHandler.java:550) [FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.management.ServerConfigurationManager.initializeConnectionToPlayer(ServerConfigurationManager.java:180) [oi.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.completeServerSideConnection(NetworkDispatcher.java:173) [NetworkDispatcher.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.completeHandshake(NetworkDispatcher.java:446) [NetworkDispatcher.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.HandshakeCompletionHandler.channelRead0(HandshakeCompletionHandler.java:17) [HandshakeCompletionHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.HandshakeCompletionHandler.channelRead0(HandshakeCompletionHandler.java:11) [HandshakeCompletionHandler.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:98) [SimpleChannelInboundHandler.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:337) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:323) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageDecoder.channelRead(MessageToMessageDecoder.java:103) [MessageToMessageDecoder.class:?]
at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageCodec.channelRead(MessageToMessageCodec.java:111) [MessageToMessageCodec.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:337) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:323) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:785) [DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.embedded.EmbeddedChannel.writeInbound(EmbeddedChannel.java:169) [EmbeddedChannel.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.FMLProxyPacket.func_148833_a(FMLProxyPacket.java:77) [FMLProxyPacket.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212) [ej.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165) [nc.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334) [lt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]

Connect the second time and you will fall to the void.

Respawn and you will finally be at the right place.

Edit: I also start with an empty inventory...

Last edited: