[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
I'd just like to say, I just recently smacked a chicken, first thing I've killed so far, and out pops a legendary gear from the thing. xD
That's a nice surprise. I've been mostly vegetarian and now get more feathers/leather out of my transformation tablet. Time to go on a killing spree!

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
I'd just like to say, I just recently smacked a chicken, first thing I've killed so far, and out pops a legendary gear from the thing. xD
Lucky. Unless Gideon tweaked the odds, your chances at getting that were 1 in 1000. In all my testing, I haven't even had a single legendary gear drop.
You outta keep it as a good luck charm or something haha!

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
That's a nice surprise. I've been mostly vegetarian and now get more feathers/leather out of my transformation tablet. Time to go on a killing spree!
Lucky. Unless Gideon tweaked the odds, your chances at getting that were 1 in 1000. In all my testing, I haven't even had a single legendary gear drop.
You outta keep it as a good luck charm or something haha!

Yeah, I looked a bit at the temporal mod thing it's from recently because it was suggested for another modpack, so I've got an idea of how awesome it is (stats are 70/70/250, I think), but I had no clue that gears came from animals.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Update2:
Looks like the crash happens when the ender io stirling generator tries to get information from the powered soil block - this was triggered when I tried to change the push/pull status of the side of the generator directly connected to the soil. I removed enderio, booted fine, quit, added ender io back and cheated back in my power setup but now it doesn't touch the flux crystals powered soil and all is well.
@Gideonseymour the EnderIO team chatted with the fluxed crystals dev and came to the conclusion that the latest version of Fluxed Crystals will fix this issue.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Over watch team leader report: it would seem the latest test subject fared little better than the rest, the solitude seems the main problem, as the teleporting malfunction looks like it was planed, I would like to put forward the idea of the next batch of subjects be placed in pairs or small groups, the tests have all been failures to date with little data of note, if we are going to use these creatures to colonize a planet we should maybe start them off as very basic life forms with mapped DNA & allow them to develop as a race, I have a planet in mind that will suit well & the current life forms have just been almost totally wiped out by natural causes.

I await the counsels decision for ongoing alpha tests.

Sorry I took so long getting back have been testing a lot of packs lately, & have been busy with work, plus D3 just started a new season, I have not come up with a better way to wrap the silly story up, but hey I am only human :)

Reactions: buggirlexpres

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
A warning for people who want to automate cooking their food. It isn't trivial!

All but one automated crafter here consume what should be reusable (e.g. MineTweeker's reuse): ComputerCraft. A partial list from memory of the guilty auto-crafters are RFTools, Steve's Factory Manager, Progressive Automation, EasyCrafting and probably Extra Utils and Ender IO.

Awhile ago I decided to play around with it and I get why OpenComputers isn't very popular despite the fact it won't randomly reboot at any random moment in your code: you cannot editing code sucks. You can either use thier built in edit or you have to turn off the computer and remove and replace the disk and then turn your computer back on. You could try to save the game and reload between edits but you would have to close your minecraft client and reload that and then reload your world.

Besides the software being extremely dodgy to actually develop you can't craft with a computer so you'll have to assemble robots; inspired by Steve's cart hard (mindlessly boring slog of a wait) cart assembly process. But wait there's more! You'll need to disassemble robots and assemble them all over as you learn more and more about what OpenComputers cannot do. For example, if you assemble a robot with just a blank hard drive it will never ever boot so you get wait for that to spew parts over space over enough time for them to despawn.

If you are forced to press on longer than you would like with that experiment because of naive auto-crafters then you'll quickly realize your OpenComputer doesn't even have the uptime of a Windows 95: never patched and always connected to the internet. This was issue 1070 and I can confirm using the suggested dev build (number 564) works.

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I downloaded the pack, and I've reinstalled it several times now, and everytime I attempt to play it, it crashes :/

Pastebin end code (I haven't done 5 post yet :p) xSrUa3r9

I've seen other people with the same problem but I don't think anyone has reported fixing it : (
I tried TechSupport and many people are reporting similar issues but nobody has fixed it there either :(

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, does anyone know what EMC value, if any, dimensional shard ore shows up as with a divining rod? I'm on the hunt for some, but I've yet to find any so far. If anyone's curious, manganese displays at 2043, diamonds show at a little over 1000, and it looks like nickel shows at 1017, and cobalt at 1024. I plan to keep updating this so long as it's the last post here, by the by.

Well, turns out that dimensional shard ore doesn't register an EMC value, so trying to find it via divining rod is pointless.

Last edited:

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
@Gideonseymour Dunno if this is intended and/or you're aware, but manganese blocks can't be made by pouring liquid manganese into a casting basin from a Tinker's Construct smeltery. Recipe isn't even in NEI.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
@Gideonseymour Dunno if this is intended and/or you're aware, but manganese blocks can't be made by pouring liquid manganese into a casting basin from a Tinker's Construct smeltery. Recipe isn't even in NEI.
If you follow the questlines to the place where you need manganese then you should already have a pulverizer. That's how I process my manganese. Also, since you're going to be working your way through Project-E, I suggest you mine every bit of manganese that you can get - after you use what you need, it has a nice bit of emc that can be turned into other things. My extra manganese netted me over 1 million emc.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
If you follow the questlines to the place where you need manganese then you should already have a pulverizer. That's how I process my manganese. Also, since you're going to be working your way through Project-E, I suggest you mine every bit of manganese that you can get - after you use what you need, it has a nice bit of emc that can be turned into other things. My extra manganese netted me over 1 million emc.

Heh, I'm kind of stalled on the quests right now since I'm getting all my current seeds up to 10/10/10 before I make rye. So far, I've made a philosopher's stone. Right now, the Project-E EMC generator thing whose name I forget doesn't seem to want to craft, but I'm working on things. No, wait, I thought it needed iron instead of platinum, that's right.

Need to wait until Modtweaker is fixed.

Ahh, okay. I'm not too savvy on these things, I'll chalk up other recipe borkings to that until things update.

TheGoldCrayon

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it's been asked in here or not, but I was going through the quest book. Keep in mind I just started playing a couple days ago, so I have about 10 quests done from the first two chapters total. But I was wondering if there were any quests related to Pam's harvestcraft, like the meals and such rather than just the seeds I've seen so far.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I don't know if it's been asked in here or not, but I was going through the quest book. Keep in mind I just started playing a couple days ago, so I have about 10 quests done from the first two chapters total. But I was wondering if there were any quests related to Pam's harvestcraft, like the meals and such rather than just the seeds I've seen so far.
Not to my knowledge... the bottom row of quests in Bellerophon is all I've had to do food-wise, other than produce enough to eat. Granted, I'm not through with the pack yet, but I'm already fairly deep into Clockwork Phase's second tier, and I doubt Gideon put in any more food-matters quests.

I have considered using Progressive Automation to harvest crops to turn into bacon cheeseburgers or something (I bred some soybeans to make tofu to use in place of meat) to feed into a Culinary Generator, but so far a few Survivalist Generators burning hand-mined coal have produced more than enough power for my needs. And if I ever need significantly more, I'll probably just create a dimension with an ocean of EnderIO Rocket Fuel and burn that. I've built a dimension with diamond ore tendrils, so I don't think getting the enderpearls needed for an ender pump and a pair of tesseracts will be a problem.

FreezingFyre

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I really enjoy this modpack so far and would like to play with a friend, so if anyone could host a small 2 slot server for us some time that would be great, PM me if you're willing to help!