1.7.10 - Nuclear Fallout - [Unlisted][Unguided Progression][Custom mods][Challenge][Survival]

CreeperShift

Dec 31, 2014
fallout-splash.png

Nuclear Fallout is a post apocalyptic and fallout inspired modpack. It tries to be different than your standard "Let's throw in every mod we know, kitchen sink" pack.
While it has progression, it doesn't rely on any quest mods. HQM is there as a guide if you get stuck, it will not reward you in any way.

It has absolutely no teleportation until very lategame, and even then it doesn't come without it's tradeoffs. Most mods have either been rebalanced, had overpowered machines removed, or were simply replaced with a more balanced mod. We added a lot of minetweaker script to balance out machines so there are viable early, mid and endgame options. Progression is gated behind multiple obstacles. But then, once you get past those, every step will make you more powerful, and you will feel rewarded for completing them.

Please do not post any kind of support, feedback, ideas, suggestions, complaints or anything the like inside this thread. If you want me to reply to anything about this pack, visit our official Website:
CreepGaming.com

Earlygame Features:
Completely rebalanced with Iguana tweaks
Reduced ore, increased spawn elsewhere (*hint* *hint*)
Cheap transportations: Planes
Railcraft for long distances
Multiple options for cheap power generation

We have a lot more mid and late game content but I won't spoil what we've changed here, go find out youself!

Backstory is coming as soon as I find a good writer!

Pack code:
Code:
fallout

m3BeRr1.jpg

More in 2nd post

We have an official server too. It's not whitelisted, so join right away. Make sure to read the rules, and refer to the questbook for guidance. If you are just spamming questions without bothering to read, don't come.

Changelog
1.14 (aka the 2.0 update)
  • Added new worldgen (check other thread), will not be applied to the server yet, works in single player
  • Fixed Iguana Tweaks - Poor Ore interaction / Fixes the progression
  • Lowered Pig Iron Mining level by 1 (no more cheating Steel! :p)
  • Adjusted Lava Generator energy cost to be around 15 times more expensive
  • Increased frequency of meteors
  • Removed Witching Gadgets Blast Furnace
  • Reverted all galacticraft recipes back to their original form, provided alternative means to craft wafers and plates (via Rolling machine like before) This means that all galacticraft machines are now craftable, except for the ones that were disabled on purpose.
  • Added Pulverizer recipe for the burning nether flower, 2 blaze dust instead of one
  • Slightly adjusted StartingInventory to include the first tinkers construct book AND a stone sword.
  • Increased yet again minechems energy cost and decreased it's speed. I still don't feel it's quite balanced yet, but it's getting there.
  • Updated over 28 mods to the newest version, most important bugs fixed: Tier 3 rocket fueling bug and some buildcraft lag

Current issues:
  • None so far

If you want to help with this modpack or you wanna talk to me either PM me here or on my own website.

We also have a subreddit , however no one on there yet ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Stanislav1502

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
This looks impressive, definitely something I will be looking into. I love the theme of it, right in time for Fallout 4 :)

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
It sounds really interesting, just one question: As someone who struggles with internet troubles should I wait for a full release or do you think I should jump in right away. Are the updates gonna come frequently or not to often?

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
Id say probably wait for the next Beta release which is gonna come very soon.
Also, this isn't gonna get updated every day, because FTB packs have to be updated manually, so I rather not put too much stress on them.
Awesome, thanks!
Also, I am fairly sure that when a pack updates the update doesn't have to go through the FTB pack managers. Just update the download.

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
Nah when you update a pack, it has to be done through your modpack thread in the custom modpack section. FTB staff will check that you are not including anything you don't have permissions for and then it's uploaded ;)
Oh okay, thanks for enlightening me :)

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019

feralferret

Jul 29, 2019
Are the HQM quests just not done yet? Every quest says 'unnamed quest' with no actual content in my game (v 1.02).

Edit: Also, you start out with a selection of stone tools which are useless as they have been disabled except for crafting (presumably by TC)

Last edited:

Chapman527

Jul 29, 2019
There is no whitelist, you just connect away. However the version on Feed-The-Beast is still outdated and will be updated tonight. The modpack is available on technic however, I posted the link in a spoiler above. Just download and connect away.

Okay thanks