[1.7.10] Netherdeep [Nether][HQM][Quest]

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Netherdeep, Surviving the nether while trying to get home again.
Available on the FTB 3rd Party Packs, Pack Code: Netherdeep

This pack has you starting in the Nether, the normal nether portal is broken (disabled), so you must find another way. The quest book helps you along, keep up on the quests though or your game may end a bit sooner than you'd like. Be prepared to have to find the exploits to get classically easy-to-get things. Magic will need Magic to be complete. Where do you find rubber in the nether?

I'm still working on adding more quests, and I may move some of the later portals to thaumcraft infusions rather than simple crafting grid recipes.

I would like to thank Emoniph for the use of Witchery.
I may have taken some inspiration from Some Music Video

Advanced Spawn Control by BloodNBonesGaming
AgriCraft by InfinityRaider
AppleCore by squeek502
Applied Energistics by AlgorithmX2
Aroma1997Core by Aroma1997
AromaBackup by Aroma1997
AutoPackager by smbarbour
Backpacks by Eydamos
Baubles by Azanor
BiblioCraft by Nuchaz
Big Reactors by Erogenous Beef
Biomes O' Plenty by TDWP_FTW, Adubbz
Blood Magic by WayofTime
BNBGamingLib by BloodNBonesGaming, Parker8283, Superckl, Blargerist
bspkrsCore by bspkrs
Buildcraft by CovertJaguar, SirSengir, Krapht, cpw, spacetoad, asiekierka
Chisel 2 by warlordjones, tterrag1098, TheCricket26, Drullkus
Chisel Facades by Choonster
CodeChickenCore by Chickenbones
CodeChickenLib by Chickenbones
CoFH Core by CoFH team
CoFH Lib by CoFH team
CompactMachines by Davenonymous
ComputerCraft by Dan200
Dimensional Control by BloodNBonesGaming, Parker8283, Superckl, Blargerist
Dimensionguard by Hilburn
EnderCore by tterrag
EnderIO by CrazyPants
EnderStorage by Chickenbones
Extra Utilities by RWTema
ExtraTiC by Glassmaker
FlatSigns by Myrathi
Forge Multipart by Chickenbones
Forge Relocation - FMP Plugin by MrTJP
ForgeRelocation by MrTJP
Hardcore Questing Mode by lorddusk, Newcastlegeek, Vswe
HarvestCraft by MatrexsVigil, Rhodox
Hats by iChun
Headcrumbs by ganymedes01
Hunger Overhaul by iguana_man
iChunUtil by iChun
Iguana Tweaks for Tinker's Construct by iguana_man, boni
In-Game Wiki Mod by MineMaarten
Inventory Tweaks by Kobata
IronChests by cpw, progwml6
JABBA by ProfMobius
JourneyMap by techbrew
libsandstone by TrainerGuy22
Lycanite's Mobs by Lycanite
Magical Crops by Mark719
Magical Crops Compat for MineFactory Reloaded by Streuner91
Mantle by mDiyo, progwml6
MineFactory Reloaded by skyboy026, powercrystals
MineTweaker by StanH
ModTweaker by jaredlll08, joshie, SpitefulFox
Natura by mDiyo
NEI Addons by bdew
NEI Integration by Tonius
NetherOres by skyboy026, powercrystals
Not Enough Items by Chickenbones
Not Enough Resources by Way2muchnoise, Hilburn
Obsidiplates by Myrathi
OpenBlocks by Mikeemoo, boq
OpenModsLib by Mikeemoo, boq
Project Red by MrTJP, Chickenbones
Railcraft by CovertJaguar
Random Things by Lumien
Redstone Arsenal by CoFH team
Reliquary by TrainerGuy22, x3n0ph0b3
Simply Jetpacks by Tonius
StartingInventory by bspkrs
Storage Drawers by jaquadro
Tabula Rasa by King Lemming
Thaumcraft by Azanor
Thaumcraft Inventory Scanning by BlayTheNinth
Thaumcraft NEI Plugin by DjGiannuzz
Thaumcraft Node Tracker by Dyonovan
Thaumic Tinkerer by pixlepix, nekosune, Vazkii
The Spice of Life by squeek502
Thermal Dynamics by TeamCoFH
Thermal Expansion by CoFH team
Thermal Foundation by CoFH team
TiC Tooltips by squeek502
Tinker's Construct by boni, mDiyo
Tinker's Mechworks by mDiyo
Utility Mobs by FatherToast
Waila by ProfMobius
Waila Harvestability by squeek502
WAILAPlugins by tterrag
Warp Book by panicnot42
Witchery by Emoniph

Curse Client: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/netherdeep

Share and Enjoy!
IMarv

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Two questions:

1. Is there supposed to be a custom map with this? Seems like a gamble with worldgen whether or not you start within hand-digging distance of a biomes with enough wood and/or dirt to get you started. Lycanites mobs makes it so tunneling is about the only viable method of travel, at least when you're a nude dude with a weak punch attack.

2. Water for farming? Can setup a farm in a compact machine but where's the water come from?

Maybe if I look up various water things in NEI I'll figure something out?

Oh, and you might want to consider turning off death messages for the named minecrafter mobs.

It is also taking absolutely forever to load this modpack compared to other modpacks of similar size.

If you have two gravestones in close proximity you cannot recover your items because the skeletons respawn just as fast as you can punch them to death.

Last edited:

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
1. No custom map. It is a bit of a crap shoot to get lucky enough to find some wood to work with. I do a lot of tunneling too. I did turn down the frequencies a bit to have some chance.

2. Try using some blood. (There is a weird way to convert blood to water too if you work at it.) I need to add that solution to the helper "quests".

I'm not sure what takes it forever to load either. On my machine it takes 5 minutes (I timed it).

Thanks,
IMarv

Eskordok

Jul 29, 2019
Very hard modpack.
I will suggest a couple of changes.
Give some help at the start like some weapons and food as well as maybe have the ability to keep inventory and spawn where you want (Give obelisk).
If not it is brutal and can frustrate a lot of people.
I did a first look btw if you want to check it out.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Eskordoc, Thank you for the video. Watching that does give me some insight on how it works for others at the beginning. I would love a way to be able to delay the harder mobs from spawning until either various ores are unlocked or just in-game time. (Advanced Spawn Control does not seem to have a time-based config option.) I am definitely still working on the balance of the pack. If you want to see a really bad start, check my only archived video on Twitch where I spawn in flowing lava...

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Can you try with a chandelier instead and let me know how that works for you. And an interdiction torch. I have added a simple quest that awards these in the next version. It costs a torch.
IMarv

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
I was trying out my next version and recording the results, after my first failed run. Check it out at www.twitch.tv/imarvintpa The updated pack should be up in a day or two. I think I may have gone overboard on the food and may cut it back to one or two sandwiches per quest. As it is, it either goes downhill fast or you can get established and start surviving.

IMarv

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Version 0.8.7 is out.
Changelog:
Added lots of food to early quest rewards. (Too much really)
Added food reward bags to lowest tiers of bags.
Added notes to the difficulty quests that you can only choose one of them.
Added quests.
More customized inventory tweaks sorting.
Reduced spawn rate of Lobbers and Ifrits (thought it doesn't seem that much less, but it is!)

IMarv

Lharoi

Jul 29, 2019
wow this is a hard and fun pack!

my 1st try had me spawning on a small island surrounded by lava with ghasts flying around and lava monsters that shots lava balls at me.. well i died over and over..

2nd try is much better since i spawned inside a small cave near a bloodwood tree.. those tools made starting a bit bearable.. I HATE THOSE DAMN PHANTOMS!!

N

NoPlot

Love the modpack! The only real suggestions I would have would be that you should include Fastcraft in the pack. I added it to the instance that I'm playing on. Also, it has already been mentioned, but I think there are a few mods out there that will allow you to create a custom spawn. I had to create several worlds until I found one where I wasn't locked in a cave with no access to wood.

Really though, I love the pack. It is in that whole Regrowth style that I really enjoy. I've started a Let's Play series about it, if you are interested.

Reactions: IMarvinTPA

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
This seed is pretty good: 1997389688230070987

Multiple hellbark groves, ghostwood, darkwood, bloodwood, and glowstone all in close proximity.

I'm fairly well established at this point, have smeltery, water prod, master infusion stone, basic blood magic. Made some quality of life changes to the modpack by adding Dimensional Anchors, turning off weeds in Agricraft, and removing stack size changes on food made by Hunger Overhaul.

Reactions: IMarvinTPA
N

NoPlot

This seed is pretty good: 1997389688230070987

Multiple hellbark groves, ghostwood, darkwood, bloodwood, and glowstone all in close proximity.

I'm fairly well established at this point, have smeltery, water prod, master infusion stone, basic blood magic. Made some quality of life changes to the modpack by adding Dimensional Anchors, turning off weeds in Agricraft, and removing stack size changes on food made by Hunger Overhaul.

Coolness. I'll put that seed in my video description as well. I finally did find a Ghostwood, so this next episode we should be making some progress :D

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Beef Wellington automation, food and power in one. Could make this so much cleaner with Steve's Factory Manager. Will have to go through and put void upgrades on some of the barrels in the near future.

0CWxjT3.jpg

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Fastcraft was left out so I wouldn't need to do its incusion instructions. Agricraft weeds were left in for the annoyance/challenge. I need to check on mod inclusion rules for dimensional anchors, I used the railcraft personal ones in my game. Hunger overhaul's purpose is to stress food. I made it a little more forgiving than Blood and Bones.

I want to figure out why the pack takes so long to load, but I suspect it is the part of project red for micro blocks that does it.

Keep at it. I am in the Deep Dark but next to nothing for blood magic and witchery started. Thaumcraft has a nice infusion altar but I need lots more shards.

I found a way to get aluminum before getting to the Deep Dark and it is weird. (Hint, ore dictionary abuse.)

Share and Enjoy!
IMarv