1.7.10 Modpacks ... problem with allocated memory and strange performance behavior

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
He only allocated 4 GB to minecraft(maybe less I forgot the exact amount), his f3 screen confirms this. Task manager however says its using more.
Maybe its the ftb launcher+minecraft? I have no idea never gave it a close enough look.
Ya probably server + client. :) How you been man its been awhile?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Ya probably server + client. :) How you been man its been awhile?
I am good, and no its not server+client as those are the same process.
Does java need some memory to run? because then it might be minecraft+whatever java needs

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
I am good, and no its not server+client as those are the same process.
Does java need some memory to run? because then it might be minecraft+whatever java needs
Not not at all. I have the proof of this in these screen shots.
First off a server is different from a client.
Unless you mean the actual sever for the client thats different for single player.
But if you add a actual "server" then it becomes different look.
Ok first pic on the bottom the 238,028k thats just ftb window no single player running. When I opened single player then the top number appeared. The 1,867,67...
2m45c8p.png
Ok so in this pic this is what happened when I have ftb window aka single player server working and single player running. And my private server running.
Its weird when I run the actual server cause its process is a lot lower in consumption. it is 560,020
1jafr5.png
Anyways we may just have a miss understanding though.
But I did those in this exact order.
1 opened FTB
2 Ran infinity
3 turned private server on.
I watched how those processes came up when I did all that.
Anyways thats good you been good. I been playing a lot of D3 again and climbing leaders boards. I come here from time to time and see whats up miss ya guys.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Not not at all. I have the proof of this in these screen shots.
First off a server is different from a client.
Unless you mean the actual sever for the client thats different for single player.
But if you add a actual "server" then it becomes different look.
Ok first pic on the bottom the 238,028k thats just ftb window no single player running. When I opened single player then the top number appeared. The 1,867,67...
2m45c8p.png
Ok so in this pic this is what happened when I have ftb window aka single player server working and single player running. And my private server running.
Its weird when I run the actual server cause its process is a lot lower in consumption. it is 560,020
1jafr5.png
Anyways we may just have a miss understanding though.
But I did those in this exact order.
1 opened FTB
2 Ran infinity
3 turned private server on.
I watched how those processes came up when I did all that.
Anyways thats good you been good. I been playing a lot of D3 again and climbing leaders boards. I come here from time to time and see whats up miss ya guys.
Unless I'm wrong he plays ssp, so I taught you where talking about the internal server.

DjTom95

Jul 29, 2019
Hello WildWolve
I had a long time the same problems with RAM and FPS drops as you... I find out that my Minecraft modpacks with an older Java Version (Java 7) still better run than Java 8 (dont know why). But i have already other problems with 1.7.10 packs. There are Client crashes or mod issues and some lags when i spin my mouse... So! But i find out that i can play Minecraft 1.6.4 Modpacks (with much more Mods over 220 active mods) very fine with ~115 FPS and Taskmanager sais it uses 2.300Mb ram, max. 3.500mb but never More. And i dont get this all 1.7.10 bugs :) i play TPPI in FTB launcher and it runs so fast and fine like vanilla ;)

Sry for my bad englisch im coming from Austria too :)

Edit: what i forgot to say: I tested many 1.7.10 modpacks from AT launcher, Technic Launcher and FTB launcher too. And i was getting the same problems as you. Just try FTB TPPI, put some Mods extra (when you want) and tell the diference please

Last edited: