[1.7.10] Man The Walls

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Introduction: Man the Walls is a small pack I put together to play with a few friends and figured I might as well make it public. It's centred around NPC and exploration based mods, with Millenaire, Ancient Warfare, Aether II and Twilight forest being key mods. There is very little that can overpower what these bring to the table, with other content mods being thaumcraft with a few addons and witchery. Other than that its all quality of life mods. So have at and have fun, hopefully you'll enjoy this change of pace.

Pack Code:
manthewalls

Mod List:
Google Doc

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Ooh, Cave Biomes! That's not something you see every day! I can dig it. Did consider it for my future pack, but after I switched from BoP + UBC to Enhanced Biomes I didn't think it'd work as well.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Update 1.0.1 has been submitted, probably worth a world reset since it fixes a bunch of worldgen issues, namely that magical forests weren't generating in Highlands worlds
- Removed WTFCore and Cave Biomes - Cool mods, but seem to have been a cause of severe lag and made caving a pain
- Added TC Mob Aspects & Aether Aspects
- Added Journey Map
- Added Roguelike dungeons
- Updated Enhanced Inventories, Inventory Tools and Garden Stuff
- Changed Lootable bodies config to not damage items
- disabled Et Futurum's version of the 1.8 stones since it was duplicated with Chisel
- Fixed TC biomes not generating in Highlands world type (grr, badly labelled config)
- Disabled Ender Zoo Dire Slimes

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Hey tpl, the mod list seems neat. You planning for any hqm for this modpack?
Nope, it's intended as a fairly simple pack. I'm playing it with my friend currently and it actually plays as a really great exploration based pack as exploration is actually worthwhile between Ancient Warfare and Recurrent complex, nevermind the Twilight forest and Aether.

D

Deleted member 27555

I like the sound of this pack, but I haven't played Millenaire since around 2011. Does it still cause severe lag once a village gets going?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
My server has been handling it pretty fine, but it does seem to bug out fairly frequently. Fortunately that's fixable with rebooting the server.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you alot for making this pack public :)

It's just the pack I was searching for, especially seen on Millenaire and Ancient Warfare.
Searched for a long time now for a pack where I can get to know these two mods more, but most packs I found were so stuffed with mods that they were no fun for me (or my computer). So I'm really happy about this modpack :)

[edit]

One little question, concerning the highlands-biome-mod (since I forgot to set it up and wondering about restarting with it xD)

Does millenaire still need for best support this extra download of "Biome support" or was this already implemented into the newer millenaire-versions so it's not needed as extra?

(I am a bit worried how millenaire can handle other biomes, especially very mountainy ones, so I googled and found this about the biome-support extra download, but since it's from 2013, I wonder if it's actually not needed anymore or better still download it?)

Last edited:
Reactions: dragon_fang101

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the double-post, but I think just editing gets overseen in the end :/

Anyone knows if there is a way - besides disabling one mod after another - to see if a mod causes a memory-leak?
After a short time of playing my game messes up alot and the memory-usage jumps up to 95%, followed by a lag spike, then down to ~60% and back to 95% again.

Not sure if it's the fish-mod, since the little lake is totally crowded with fishes, but if there is a way to actually read out which mod this does it would help me alot. (sadly I'm really bad when it comes to technical stuff, so I'm asking here for advice)

[edit]
After some testing, I'm really confused...
The "slow but steady" increase of memory-usage seems to come from Journey-map. While a "super fast"-increase comes when I'm doing research in the thaumcraft-research-table (like +1GB memory usage in just 4~5 minutes research...).
And millenaire creates a log-file that after just a few minutes is already over 100MB big (since it spams the console... which is known but not worked on at the moment since they're working on the 1.8 version from what I read)

What really confused me is the thaumcraft-research, never before I had problems with thaumcraft creating such a memory-leak for me... or actually any modpack that makes my memory jump to the numbers where I have to close minecraft after latest 1 hour or it gets evil.

Anyone else having the problem with this or maybe something went wrong when I installed it or so?
Really at my wits end here, especially since I'm not good in this technical stuff :/ Really like the modpack, but slowly get the feeling I'm not allowed to play it.

[edit]
After alot of testing stuff, I think I slowly have stabilized the problem. Solution was to put it into a custom profile of the curse-launcher.
Seems like a big part of the memory-leak was caused by the java.exe from the ftb-launcher (maybe cause of the console spamming of millenaire, no idea). This java.exe and it's memory-usage is stabilized in the curse-launcher.

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Finally got around to an update
Version 1.1.0
- Updated Aether II, Ancient Warfare, Automagy, Bibliocraft, Carpenter's Blocks, Chisel 2, CraftingTweaks, Decocraft, Enhanced Inventories, Et Futurum, Forbidden Magic, Garden Stuff, Gilded Games util, Inventory Tools, Just a few Fish, Natura, railcraft, Roguelike dungeons, storage drawers (+addon packs), thaumic horizons, travellers gear, witching gadgets
- Added TC Inventory Scanning, Gadomancy, Tainted magic, Thaumic Exploration, Thaumic Infusion, RPGAdvMod, Project Zulu, Similsax transtructors
- tweaked deafault WAILA settings
- Removed Ender Zoo since it refused to not spam spawns in the Aether
- Limit the dims ReC structures spawn in
- disable RC residual heat