[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Best pack ever Jason. Good time to say thanks for a massive amount of time and effort on your part.
Thanks :) Also i think we are almost ready to go out of Beta (2.0.x) stage and into Stable (2.1.x) release. That will mean: no more massive overhauls. There are few massive tweaks pending to Minechem. but other than that.. its solid.

Still two (actually 3 if you count one mod addition in 2.0.9) mods are in the pending status, because they are currently broken (TechnoMagi) or needs quite a lot of tweaks (SuperMassiveTech - this might not get into pack at all, if some high inbalances will be found)

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Would like to thank all for the support and enjoying the pack. Infitech 2 installations currently got past 2000.
UBoCc2H.jpg

With a total playtime of almost two years (if I am counting correctly). I guess we can call that a success for not-listed pack.

Edit: of course I am not... 2 years are only for US.. Total playtime is 4 years
Im proud of my contribution. This pack is so amazing. Last week i joined a friend of mine on his dw20 server but i quit after a few hours since i already had a quarry in that time and it was just so easy. This pack really makes this game interesting for so much longer. I had my current world for over a month now and i didnt even scratch the surface of what is possible! And then come to think of all the Gregtech haters out there xD they dont know what they are missing especially the way the ore gens and you still dont have enough iron after 5 full veins xD

Anyway great job jason and i hope to see your next letsplay soon :) the loss of a good base is always a shame

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Im proud of my contribution. This pack is so amazing. Last week i joined a friend of mine on his dw20 server but i quit after a few hours since i already had a quarry in that time and it was just so easy. This pack really makes this game interesting for so much longer. I had my current world for over a month now and i didnt even scratch the surface of what is possible! And then come to think of all the Gregtech haters out there xD they dont know what they are missing especially the way the ore gens and you still dont have enough iron after 5 full veins xD

Anyway great job jason and i hope to see your next letsplay soon :) the loss of a good base is always a shame
New Lets play is comming out... soon (tm)... i have 3 episodes pretty much ready... currently working on some other stuff I want to get on the channel as well :) and I dont want to have long delays between videos

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I guess that would make LV and MV lockers completely useless since there's no armor at those voltages... Hmmm I'll make a HV one and check.
For now yes, there is no use. It worked with the ModularPowerSuit back in 1.6, but the current version of it is incompatible with IC2 energy.
But the GT code contains a modular armor in work for some time now. I hope Greg finishes it soon.
Speaking of milestones we're almost at page 100!

So I was a bit dissatisfied with the Ore Processing Flowchart on the FTB wiki page on Mining and Processing so I made my own more concise and color coded version... if I've missed something or if it could use some improvements tell me. Here's an SVG version too.

GregTech%20ore%20processing.png
This certainly looks better then my Version, but you left out some processing paths.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
You got me thinking about gems with this chart. Whats the best way to process your gem ores (diamond, emerald) without the implosion compresser. I saw the sifter but it looks like youre better of with just straight up smelting the ore for your gems since the sifter has such a low output %

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
The Sifter is the best way to get Gems. 50% Gems, 50% Dust. But since the Macerator allready doubled the output, Sifting produces the same amount of Gems as directly smelting the Ores and you still have the dust for the implosion compressor and maybe some other byproducts.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The Sifter is the best way to get Gems. 50% Gems, 50% Dust. But since the Macerator allready doubled the output, Sifting produces the same amount of Gems as directly smelting the Ores and you still have the dust for the implosion compressor and maybe some other byproducts.
In this pack you can also abuse minechem when it comes to diamonds, getting 1 diamond for every dust. (Decompose 1 dust for 3 nanotubes, synthesize 1 diamond from 3 nanotubes)

PS: I've asked Jason to nerf this a bit so who knows if it'll stay or not :p

Reactions: MigukNamja

andrej88

Jul 29, 2019
This certainly looks better then my Version, but you left out some processing paths.

Thanks! Hammer recipes and cauldron recipes I noted on top since they cluttered the actual flowchart and didn't provide any real useful information. EBF for Iron I left out because it's specific to one product and only certain ores, but now that I think about it the chemical bath and e-m separator are similar. I'll try to squeeze that in somewhere, especially since iron is so commonly used. And the dust -> dust centrifuge and electrolyzer paths I left out because it seemed kind of redundant and it's not really specific to ore processing. The chart is meant to show more how to get from ore block to dust or ingot. Speaking of which, one thing I definitely forgot is to say that you can smelt any of the ores, crushed ores, or dusts into ingots or nuggets. Will add that stuff now.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I can't agree more !!

Best pack is not an understatement. I've been playing Infitech 1 and 2 for over 6 months now. I've never come close to that with any other pack :)
I think the only pack ive played for longer than this one, was Mindcrack ... i skipped MC1.5 :p

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
To me this "beats" diesel fuel hands down, since diesel requires resource acquisition (which admittedly can be done via ic2 and probably bees)

Nah, a golem farm would work just as well (even better) for my diesel production as the apatite/energy hungry forestry multi-farm I'm using. The golem tree farms are just far too over power as you've said. For this play through I'm trying to stay within the spirit of Gregtech, which I feel forestry complements very well.

The trees I've breed each drop about 15-20 saplings and the same amount of apples no matter how their cut. There is zero benefit to growing trees within a multi-farm. I just like em :)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, a golem farm would work just as well (even better) for my diesel production as the apatite/energy hungry forestry multi-farm I'm using. The golem tree farms are just far too over power as you've said. For this play through I'm trying to stay within the spirit of Gregtech, which I feel forestry complements very well.

The trees I've breed each drop about 15-20 saplings and the same amount of apples no matter how their cut. There is zero benefit to growing trees within a multi-farm. I just like em :)
Hehe... I made myself a golem tree farm using BoP Apple Trees.... Not sure if thats true, but it seemed like the apple trees were growing faster than normal oak trees... also.... hell the ammount of apples was insane :D

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Ive read somewhere that the new ic2 energy system no longer has power loss on its cables. Does that imply only to glass fibre or to all cables?
If so if i run a copper cable(128 eu/p) from a 4x lv battery buffer to a gt mv machine 100 blocks away ,and transform it ofc, does it do it powerlessly or is there a power loss when transforming / entering and exiting ic 2 stuff

Earhbound

Jul 29, 2019
well, for some reasons i dont understand, my ME Drive blew up.
and by that i mean, it blew up on its own. how is that even possible...
the other option would be a ExU drum. but those shouls neither be able to explode!

also my steam boiler explodedes sometimes when it is running and gets reloaded chunkwise.

some strange things are happening...

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Ive read somewhere that the new ic2 energy system no longer has power loss on its cables. Does that imply only to glass fibre or to all cables?
If so if i run a copper cable(128 eu/p) from a 4x lv battery buffer to a gt mv machine 100 blocks away ,and transform it ofc, does it do it powerlessly or is there a power loss when transforming / entering and exiting ic 2 stuff
For now, yes.. no power loss... Although there is a config in IC2 which will enable the experimental power loss. That of course means, that if everything goes "right" it will be active in 2.1.x of the modpack