[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
thats weird, i managed to make them in 1.1.2 without issue, i only upgraded beyond that the other day because id had issues getting 1.1.4 to work - maybe @Jason McRay changed something in the configurations, or a change in GT itself?

Edit: @gallowglass
I wasnt able to find anything relating to the RE battery directly in the configs, all i can suggest is that its intentional, seeing as how a recipe for magnetic iron rods has popped up for crafting tables 4x redstone + 1 iron rod, that would give you a clear line of fire towards a steam turbine at least... storage would be a different matter however.
Hint: you get more milage out of your copper if you use ic2 cables to make circuits when doing this without a wiremill, since both recipes use copper plates.

Last edited:

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
4x redstone + 1 iron rod, that would give you a clear line of fire towards a steam turbine at least

So that makes a magnetic iron rod, but to make a steam turbine I need circuits which require a refined iron item casing which needs to be made in a a machine that eats EU, so I am not sure how that helps me.

Hint: you get more milage out of your copper if you use ic2 cables to make circuits when doing this without a wiremill, since both recipes use copper plates.

I'll try to remember that when I get there....

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
So that makes a magnetic iron rod, but to make a steam turbine I need circuits which require a refined iron item casing which needs to be made in a a machine that eats EU, so I am not sure how that helps me.

2014-10-11_22.28.07.png
You can make casings with the steam alloy smelter, you need a mold (8 steel bars > plates > use either file or hammer or both to make a casing mold)

Edit: i have to admit, im not hugely fond of how NEI handles some of these recipes - it really needs to be made to elaborate on what machines are capable of doing each task, ive been caught short a few times by that now, trying to melt glass in a basic fluid extractor, electrolyze clay in the basic one there too ...
Oh and i would also not try to pipe into the alloy furnace, especially if you try to use it to make gears - you will do yourself a better favor putting the machine on the bottom of a tank and letting it draw directly, bronze pipes dont seem to have the throughput for running one of these beasts on long projects.

Last edited:
Reactions: gallowglass

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 13125 You can make casings with the steam alloy smelter, you need a mold (8 steel bars > plates > use either file or hammer or both to make a casing mold)

Edit: i have to admit, im not hugely fond of how NEI handles some of these recipes - it really needs to be made to elaborate on what machines are capable of doing each task, ive been caught short a few times by that now, trying to melt glass in a basic fluid extractor, electrolyze clay in the basic one there too ...
Oh and i would also not try to pipe into the alloy furnace, especially if you try to use it to make gears - you will do yourself a better favor putting the machine on the bottom of a tank and letting it draw directly, bronze pipes dont seem to have the throughput for running one of these beasts on long projects.

Thanks, that was the trick. And thanks for those hints too.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
@MigukNamja so it the recipe the same? Does it need Stainless steel plates?

The way you've explained it above tbh I couldn't agree more. Not only does it provide a good RF endgame solution but also looks absolutely awesome :D

I'll be adding a turbine or two to my power generation ASAP for my farms. I have a feeling it'll be much more efficient than what I'm doing now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stainless steel plates, yes. The reactor to make Cyanite requires Tungstensteel, which means you'll need an HV EBF, which means you'll need Aluminum.

I plan to submit a pull request that will not require the reactor to make Cyanite, but will still require Tungestensteel to make the turbine.

The BR Turbine is supposed to be a (late) mid-game thing, and I didn't want it to preclude IC2 MOX power. If it's easier than IC2 MOX, than people may be tempted to get off the IC2/GT EU path too early and use Enet Bridge to make their power. I didn't want to cut in front of IC2/GT content. IMHO, the BR Turbine should augment your power system without pushing GT/IC2 aside.

In our world, IC2 MOX makes more power for slightly fewer resources and in a smaller package, initial plutonium aside.

Reactions: Grove

Darky212

Jul 29, 2019
Well ive been searching for a good 3 hrs for tin and i cant seem to find any apart from a few random small ones any ideas anyone ?

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, tin seems to be the thing I lack most. It is just *wrong* to look for ores above y=64, but it seems that is where the tin lives.

Darky212

Jul 29, 2019
esp when your first starting out i got lucky with my map coal vein then massive iron under that no tin to be seen in a radius of 2000 blocks haha but the search continues haha

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
esp when your first starting out i got lucky with my map coin vein then massive iron under that no tin to be seen in a radius of 2000 blocks haha but the search continues haha

You are definitely not alone ! Tin is not easy to find.

We've had the best luck looking in Extreme Hills biomes.

Reactions: Grove

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Saying that i havnt found a extreme hills bio yet hmmm

Ahhh.....

Without really thinking about Tin in particular, I spent a good 2 hours wandering around until I found a biome with trees (Birch Forest, in our case) that was next to Extreme Hills and another good biome, like a desert (for sand) and a river or swamp (for clay). Old habit from the days of vanilla MC oregen where Extreme Hills was only place besides villagers to get emeralds. And, old habit from coke oven days that require bricks (clay) and sand.

It just so happens that Tin spawns best in Extreme Hills due to high Y requirement. And, it just so happens coke ovens are excellent early-game devices/machines/multiblocks in this pack.

Mind you, this was InfiTech 2 version 1.0.0 or 1.0.1, well before HO and SoL. So, wandering around then early-game was not a big deal. Wandering around that much now might get you killed !

Darky212

Jul 29, 2019
Ahhh.....

Without really thinking about Tin in particular, I spent a good 2 hours wandering around until I found a biome with trees (Birch Forest, in our case) that was next to Extreme Hills and another good biome, like a desert (for sand) and a river or swamp (for clay). Old habit from the days of vanilla MC oregen where Extreme Hills was only place besides villagers to get emeralds. And, old habit from coke oven days that require bricks (clay) and sand.

It just so happens that Tin spawns best in Extreme Hills due to high Y requirement. And, it just so happens coke ovens are excellent early-game devices/machines/multiblocks in this pack.

Mind you, this was InfiTech 2 version 1.0.0 or 1.0.1, well before HO and SoL. So, wandering around then early-game was not a big deal. Wandering around that much now might get you killed !

yeah ive died quite a few times before i took the hunger mods off

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone is trying to get to machines as fast as possible. What I did is just played a bit of vanilla. Made a farm, got some food and then i cared about machines. Speaking of HO and SoL... we have a pending change for 1.1.6, where diminishing returns will be more acceptable (5 foods will restore normal amount (still lowered b HO) and then every next food will be lowered by 20%). Also the full start of dim. returns will be after i think 26 or 32 food eaten, so new players will have bigger chance to survive.

Reactions: Grove and Darky212

Darky212

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone is trying to get to machines as fast as possible. What I did is just played a bit of vanilla. Made a farm, got some food and then i cared about machines. Speaking of HO and SoL... we have a pending change for 1.1.6, where diminishing returns will be more acceptable (5 foods will restore normal amount (still lowered b HO) and then every next food will be lowered by 20%). Also the full start of dim. returns will be after i think 26 or 32 food eaten, so new players will have bigger chance to survive.

ive got farms up and running well melon, pumkin and normal wheat, carrots and potatoes and got a little house but this search for tin is never ending 4k blocks away from my base i find my first extreme hills bio but problem with it is not high enough haha i think it went up to about 70 so today gonna try go till i find one :)

oh i also applied for the dev server nickname Dark_dider

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Is anyone able to craft an AE2 "Network Tool"?

Would like to know if the recipe is just botched on my end. Its supposed to be a shapeless recipe.