[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

C

Chriss22

i think the best would be for the most used liquid recipe their own machine. Like you said the circuit one. Always Soldering iron in that machine and only import the needed items in there.

pro5

Jul 29, 2019
How automate template/circuit in processing arrays? I created 16 extruders for proc. arr. But extruder use many templates.
I put templates in different input busses. and put material in input bus with needed template. It's not working. Any idea?

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
How automate template/circuit in processing arrays? I created 16 extruders for proc. arr. But extruder use many templates.
I put templates in different input busses. and put material in input bus with needed template. It's not working. Any idea?
So i've just tested this out and from what i can understand, the Processing array will process only from one input bus (probably the closest to the controller but can't be certain.) Also, inputing more than 1 template at once will be buggy and you probably won't have what you want most of the time.

My suggestion is as follow:
On your processing array, have the following::
- 1 ULV Input Bus (1 slot) for the Extruder pattern
- 1 Any size input bus for material to process
- Whatever else you need to make the processing array function (Maintenance/Energy, etc)

On the ULV Input bus, use AE or perhaps L.Pipes so that when you want to make an Extruder recipe, it input the correct pattern in the 1-slot input bus and the materials of your choice in the bigger input bus. When the recipe is finished, it remove it via RS signal caught from the Controller via GT Wireless Cover to an AE Emitter or something.

TBH, i haven't tried it. It's simply an idea but i'm pretty sure it could work with a bit of tinkering.

C

Chriss22

Im starting to build my Machineroom now but since i already accidently blew up 2 machines i wanted to make a explosion proof layout.
Wanted to use the warding focus but already 100 blocks reduce the FPS by alot and Obsidian isnt strong enough so i have no idea how to built it without super expensive stuff or Warded/Fused glass

C

Chriss22

i did that but that didnt stop me from blewing up a machine because i didnt pay full attention to it for a moment and put a lv machine onto a MV cable. thats why i wanted to make a little wall between every machine so if i accidently put up a wrong machine aside to the others only that one get destroyed and not the 5 in close range.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
i did that but that didnt stop me from blewing up a machine because i didnt pay full attention to it for a moment and put a lv machine onto a MV cable. thats why i wanted to make a little wall between every machine so if i accidently put up a wrong machine aside to the others only that one get destroyed and not the 5 in close range.
Have you thought about painting your cable to differientiate different voltage?

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

pro5

Jul 29, 2019
- 1 ULV Input Bus (1 slot) for the Extruder pattern
- 1 Any size input bus for material to process
I tested. No any way to automate processing array :( Because input bus can't output any items. AE import bus, convouer, BC pipes, steev's inventory manager - can't get thing from input bus.

Problem 2: AE interface not see items in input bus. Option "put recipe components only if inventory empty" not working. I can't use some recipes in machines with two resource components. Mixer, Alloy smelter, EBF, electrolyzer, chemical reactor - contains many recipes with multi components. Its may random combines.

GT machines is very bad for automatize.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I tested. No any way to automate processing array :( Because input bus can't output any items. AE import bus, convouer, BC pipes, steev's inventory manager - can't get thing from input bus.

Problem 2: AE interface not see items in input bus. Option "put recipe components only if inventory empty" not working. I can't use some recipes in machines with two resource components. Mixer, Alloy smelter, EBF, electrolyzer, chemical reactor - contains many recipes with multi components. Its may random combines.

GT machines is very bad for automatize.
Was worth a try. I guess that leave you the option of higher tier machine for speed or a multitude of low tier machines and the use of the Regulator Machine block which is designed specially for machines that use multiple components for recipes.

C

Chriss22

Have you thought about painting your cable to differientiate different voltage?
same problem. one moment not paying full attention and you hook up a lv machine to a mv cable
even if you have 1000 signs there telling you its a MV cable and you should take care not to put anything lower than mv there if you dont notice its only a lv machine and not mv you will put it there

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
same problem. one moment not paying full attention and you hook up a lv machine to a mv cable
even if you have 1000 signs there telling you its a MV cable and you should take care not to put anything lower than mv there if you dont notice its only a lv machine and not mv you will put it there
lol. I think we're going all wrong about this. Perhaps your trying to go too fast instead of watching what you'r doing :p

Slayeruga

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, all.
Help any one. How to complete a Eldrich research: "Advanced Naquadah Transmutation" in Thaumcraft?
I can't solve two days this problem. It in general is possible?

Attachments

• Advanced Naquadah Transmutation.png
    Advanced Naquadah Transmutation.png
    215.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Advanced Naquadah Transmutation_2.png
    Advanced Naquadah Transmutation_2.png
    211.7 KB · Views: 68

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, all.
Help any one. How to complete a Eldrich research: "Advanced Naquadah Transmutation" in Thaumcraft?
I don't remember what i used as i rarely use Thaumcraft but yes it is possible.

C

Chriss22

lol. I think we're going all wrong about this. Perhaps your trying to go too fast instead of watching what you'r doing :p
Not really. playing this pack since month but sometimes mistakes happens which is normally no problem but this is gregtech. even a little mistake can ruin everything

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
I understand that weird mistakes do happen, but it kind of seems like one of those 'fool me once' kind of situations. Start treating it like power in real life. Always disconnect your live lines before working on them, place down batboxes/sources last. Always double check your setup afterwards before reconnecting/placing down batboxes. Should be close to foolproof. I find placing covers on every line where you could possibly accidentally click and place a machine down to be helpful as well. That way the in order to accidentally place a machine you literally have to switch to a crowbar, then place it, which is pretty impossible.

Reactions: MarcNemesis
C

Chriss22

well i blew up almost half of my machines the second time even tho i thought after the first time that will never happen again.
If that would happen one more time im not sure if i would rebuild everything again.
i like the modpack because its kinda hard but losing stuff you worked for days if not weeks just hurts

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
A more complicated & end game way is also Pneumaticcraft drone i believe. Though i cannot confirm at 100% considering i haven't tried them yet.

For the record, Pneumaticcraft drones work very well as a tree farm. I have not set one up in this version of IT2 yet, but in the last version I used two drones. One programmed to detect when a 2x2 fir tree grew and began chopping from the bottom up. The second drone collected wood and saplings and put them into storage drawers. When the first drone was finished chopping, it would take four saplings from the drawer and replant. When the drones had nothing to do, they returned to their charging stations. Wood was fed from its drawer into 8 coke ovens. The charcoal from the coke ovens fed an advanced Pneumaticcraft compressor to keep the air supply up for the drones. Excess charcoal fed my 2x2 Railcraft boiler. The creosote fed a small Railcraft liquid boiler. Note: the vast majority of the wood was needed just to maintain air supply just so the drones could do their jobs. The setup was not very efficient, but it was self-sustaining and a heck of alot of fun to build. :)

That said, I am using a 4x4 Forestry farm in the current version if IT2. Yes, it needs apatite, but when mixed with ash the apatite lasts forever. If you are having trouble making enough ash with small coal boilers, you could manually make a few batches of peat and just cook them for ash. A forestry farm is a bit expensive to set up early game, but it makes way more wood than than I can use.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcNemesis

Slayeruga

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, all.
Ehuuuuuuuuuu. I did it.

Attachments

• end_adv_naq_trans.png
    end_adv_naq_trans.png
    194.1 KB · Views: 68

scterran

Jul 29, 2019
Which log file do I look at to see what ore is spawning as I play the game? 80 shafts without the ore I need is enough, and I'm tired of it. I'm not far enough along to use seismic prospectors.

I remember reading that as you discover new areas, a log file will show you the ore that's generating, but I'm having trouble finding the file.

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
Which log file do I look at to see what ore is spawning as I play the game? 80 shafts without the ore I need is enough, and I'm tired of it. I'm not far enough along to use seismic prospectors.
I remember reading that as you discover new areas, a log file will show you the ore that's generating, but I'm having trouble finding the file.

I've been playing IT2 for a couple of years now and I administered the official server for about a year or so. I have never heard of such a log file. But could I ask what what ore you are looking for? Perhaps there are other solutions.