[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

T

targetingyou78

I guess it will take a bit longer before I would go this way. In my case it's always difficult to use such ways since the moment I start cheating (besides if a bug ate an important item) I loose motivation even faster. Always trying to avoid anything where you can dupe stuff or cheat in other ways. My mind is very picky when it comes to "playing things as they're meant to be" hehe.

But I guess at some point I might try this, thanks for giving me the hint about this command.
Guess next step for me is to pretty much dig a shaft from overground to bedrock in every chunk... but that's pretty much the last straw which will take another few hours of just digging *sigh*

Just wondering really if this part of gregtech actually gets better at some point or the moment one vein is empty and you need it again you start all over for hours of finding a new one :/

Idk man it sounds like you might not have the fortitude for Gregtech. However, if you want to keep going and not cheat I would suggest doing the mining shafts down to bedrock every three chunks and bring a hammer so you can prospect the area and make a waypoint for every vein you find. It's what I did. The hammer is really helpful because it will let you know if you missed an ore vein by 5 blocks- which happens.

As far as does it get better... the answer is yes and no. You get much more byproducts from ores and you can start using those veins you previously had no use for but... crafting and smelting gets longer and longer. Like it gets the point where it will take you a very very long time to process higher materials like titanium.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the thing about "Is gregtech for you or not" is my big concern at the moment, heh. I'm usually stubborn in trying difficult things but I guess my limit is still far below some people who mastered gregtech. (just saw a video a bit ago about some people who made a huge fusion reactor just in survival with gregtech... I don't think I would ever reach this point)

Well I still give it a try with some more shafts every few chunks. If that doesn't help... I guess I'm one of the many who failed at gregtech *smirks*

Thanks for the fast help and the hints :)

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
I have a quick question. What Small Turbine do you guys use when first setting up your Large Steam Turbine? I have a Large Steel Boiler. I know that my LSB will make around 1200L/t or 24000L/s but I see nothing that consumes that much. Do I just pump in everything I got and let the extra go to waste?

I don't think any material will accept 24,000 L/s in its small variation. You definitely need either a regular size or large turbine or multiple Large Steam Turbines. Large Cobalt turbine accepts 24000L/s at 135% Efficiency, has decent durability, and has few other uses. Remember the turbines can accept up to ~130% their stated optimal flow input, so any turbine with a stated ~900L/s optimal flow will work. If you don't have tungstensteel for the long rod, you'll have to use a regular/small turbine, and then send the excess steam to LV/MV steam turbines (or build another large steam turbine). Also remember that if you're using a 1200L/s turbine with anything >85% efficiency you're in EV territory, and I believe the turbine will explode unless you have an EV dynamo.

T

targetingyou78

I don't think any material will accept 24,000 L/s in its small variation. You definitely need either a regular size or large turbine or multiple Large Steam Turbines. Large Cobalt turbine accepts 24000L/s at 135% Efficiency, has decent durability, and has few other uses. Remember the turbines can accept up to ~130% their stated optimal flow input, so any turbine with a stated ~900L/s optimal flow will work. If you don't have tungstensteel for the long rod, you'll have to use a regular/small turbine, and then send the excess steam to LV/MV steam turbines (or build another large steam turbine). Also remember that if you're using a 1200L/s turbine with anything >85% efficiency you're in EV territory, and I believe the turbine will explode unless you have an EV dynamo.

Very helpful so far. So I saw that someone else has a large tank and then fills the large tank with seem and uses a gregtech pump module on a GT pipe to pump in the exact amount he needs. Also, 1200L/s seems very low for EV. Don't advanced turbines take more than 4000L/s to generate MV? Or are the Large steam turbines much different? Also, how do you know what type of Voltage you will be producing? Under NEI I only see Efficiency and Steam flow. Thanks for the help

T

targetingyou78

Yeah the thing about "Is gregtech for you or not" is my big concern at the moment, heh. I'm usually stubborn in trying difficult things but I guess my limit is still far below some people who mastered gregtech. (just saw a video a bit ago about some people who made a huge fusion reactor just in survival with gregtech... I don't think I would ever reach this point)

Well I still give it a try with some more shafts every few chunks. If that doesn't help... I guess I'm one of the many who failed at gregtech *smirks*

I don't think it's that you failed at gregtech. The whole point of minecraft is that it's a sandbox. Two things I would keep into consideration, most people that I've seen play on servers with multiple people so when you're playing by yourself it is a much more slow and tedious process then when you got a group of people. Second, not everyone has that much time to commit to it. I am currently working and going to grad school so I make progress very very slowly. I've been through so many updates lol I've been on my current world for months and I'm still only in HV (I'm trying to get help with my Large Steam Turbine). Also, something I just learned today... you can make a jetpack in MV. I wish I knew that a while back but that's the point, it's about progressing and learning lol at least it is for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nezraddin

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019

Dont let the huge end goals of gregtech discourage you. You never know, you could be one of those folks who do make it that far. Im further than I ever expected to make it into the mod myself (not fusion reactor far though). I play on a server so that helps a lot. Its fun to show off your creations or trouble shoot problems with other players.

Reactions: Nezraddin and Pyure

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Very helpful so far. So I saw that someone else has a large tank and then fills the large tank with seem and uses a gregtech pump module on a GT pipe to pump in the exact amount he needs. Also, 1200L/s seems very low for EV. Don't advanced turbines take more than 4000L/s to generate MV? Or are the Large steam turbines much different? Also, how do you know what type of Voltage you will be producing? Under NEI I only see Efficiency and Steam flow. Thanks for the help

I do use a max size Steel Railcraft tank as a steam buffer as well. Althought with 1:1 steam use/produce it is rather redundant. If you're overproducing steam though, it would be an easy way of conserving that waste. But remember, that if you store the overproduced steam, eventually that buffer will fill, and then you're likely turning off/on your boilers, and thus loosing fuel efficiency. Bottom line have a very large tank as a buffer. And remember that RC tanks max out at 1000mb/t out of each valve, requiring creative piping and multiple valves.

Also GT fluid regulators act like pumps that can regulate exact mb/t flowrates, however I really haven't used them much.

I may have mixed up ticks vs seconds in one of my posts, if I did my bad.

Steel boilers output 24000 steam/second = 1200 steam/t

Steel boiler:
1200 steam/t produced

HV Steam Turbine:
(512 eu/t * 2 steam/eu)/0.66 efficiency rating
= 1551 steam/t to produce 512 eu/t

Large Steam Turbine with Large Cobalt turbine:
((1200 steam/t) / 2 steam/eu) * 1.35 efficiency rating
= 810 eu/t consuming 1200 steam/t (EV output)

To determine the output voltage:
if you feed all 24000 steam/s (or 1200 steam/t) to a large turbine, depending on the efficiency of the turbine material you are going to output (1200 steam/t) * Turbine Efficiency / (2 eu/steam) = 600 eu/t * Turbine Efficiency

Another example:
Before I had TungstenSteel to make a Large turbine, I used Damascus Steel to make a Regular Turbine
95% efficiency @ 16000L/s optimal flow

Lets say I can only send 15000L/s of steam to the turbine:

16000L/s = 800L/t

[(800L/t * 0.95 efficiency) / 2 eu/L]*[15000L/t / 16000L/t] =
[380 eu/t] * [0.9375] = 356 eu/t

So the turbine will produce 356 eu/t (HV).

T

targetingyou78

Ok so then so it seems the magic formula is [ (Steam/t Consumbed) / (2 Steam/Eu) ] * Efficiency = Eu/t Output? That's not so bad. Thanks your post is super helpful! I actually spent the day building a new building to move my Boiler and setup my new Turbine in. One more question, I heard there is like "sloshing" in gregtech pipes. So if I pump 1200L/t will 1200L/t actually get to my turbine? Btw up to now i have completely avoided gregtech pipes and modules... they intimidate me.

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the max input for a RC steel tank valve?
Not sure there is one. Also I'm referring to the max auto-output of the RC tank. As in the valves on the bottom of the tank. You may very well be able to output more from a single valve by using a GT pipe and pump; however I haven't tested this.

Ok so then so it seems the magic formula is [ (Steam/t Consumbed) / (2 Steam/Eu) ] * Efficiency = Eu/t Output? That's not so bad. Thanks your post is super helpful! I actually spent the day building a new building to move my Boiler and setup my new Turbine in. One more question, I heard there is like "sloshing" in gregtech pipes. So if I pump 1200L/t will 1200L/t actually get to my turbine? Btw up to now i have completely avoided gregtech pipes and modules... they intimidate me.

I believe that formula is correct, as long as your Steam Consumed is relatively close (say +/- 30%) to the the Optimal Flow rating of the turbine. Any steam inserted into the turbine after 130% of the optimal flow I believe is voided. But I could be wrong on that. And like I showed above if you insert steam at a rate below the optimal flow, the output just goes down linearly. So putting in 70% of the optimal flow should output 70% of the value you got from the calculation above.

The sloshing is real; I believe only if there is void or cavities in the pipe. If you output 1200L/t steam constantly through piping with a max throughput of 1200L/t it should consistently get to the turbine without any sloshing (As each block of pipe should be full?). But once steam is cut off it may slosh back and forth until it finally settles in the turbine. Honestly with such large amounts of steam I try to reduce my pipe length as the pipes themselves become very expensive once you start requiring flowrates obtained with huge pipes (really 12 ingots for a single pipe). So on such short pipes distances I haven't really occurred any sloshing.

C

codewarrior0

In my case, the only steam turbines I built were the Basic ones, so I never ran into the flow rate limit on the RC tanks. I used them to run LV and MV machines just long enough to get an oil drill set up, and was lucky enough to find a Natural Gas source right under my base. And even luckier, a Raw Oil source was right next to it, so I ended up burning LPG in Turbo Gas Turbines to power all of the oil refining machines, and burning Nitrodiesel in Turbo Diesel Generators to power the rest of my base. From what I'm reading, the next step in power is a Large Gas Turbine or Large Diesel Generator? Or dig up that Uranium vein and build a nuclear power plant with a Large Steam Turbine?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
@targetingyou78
Yeah, the "play slow but steady" is the one thing that I actually try to teach myself at the moment. Learned too much about rushing from one project to another.
So I guess I really try to just take my time and play from time to time instead of giving in to the "Need to finish this fast"-thinking. Ugh, so difficult to change with habits once you have them *laughs*

@EconBrony
Well having a goal isn't bad... I just should search more little ones in the beginning like reaching LV or so *chuckles*
Playing on a server... I totally would love to, but I'm quiet a moody-player so while I'm all up for minecraft now, it easilly happens that I stop playing for a few month and then begin playing it again. So sadly I'm not a good'for'a'server-player :/

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Found an error in either the thaumonomicon or in the recipe:
Damascus Steel Transmutation in the book claims it's left in dust form but gives nuggets... so either the description is wrong or the product from the crucible is wrong.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
T

targetingyou78

Hey, I'm not sure if this is appropriate to ask here but I'm about to set up a server for my brother and I (possibly GF) to play on and was wondering if any of you have experience hosting Infitech 2. How much ram would you suggest ordering? I was thinking 3 Gigs. However, I run Infitech 2 on my own laptop and allocate 6 gigs and occasionally have hiccups. I'm just curios as to how much the server alone would need. I know that I have hiccups probably due to my CPU not Ram.

L

Lithorn

I tried to make this more difficult, but now I can't even play it as it runs out of memory during world creation when I add gregtech in. This was based off the Infitech 2 modpack, I just added in Envriomine, Hardcore Darkness. Is GT incompatible with those? Does removing other mods (I felt they was cheaty) make it eat up 6g of memory then crash?

Cant even create a flat creative world.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
I've a server for a friend and I, we just reach steel age.

What source of power did you use for this age ?

Are Pit Igniter the only source to make charcoal (I know the Coke Oven route but it's so slow).

We like the modpack but the need of constant mining (we have no knowledge of GT) and the difficulty to find ore is really borring.

S

SmashingQuasar

Hey everybody, so I've been a big fan of GregTech for the past years and I'm very interested in this modpack. Currently I'm playing on a similar hardcore GT oriented modpack but I don't really like it since some things feel just like too much for me (not that it is too hard, just don't like the features). I'm very interested in your modpack, however, the one major flaw I find here is the absence of GalaxySpace, which is an absolute must-have if Galacticraft is installed in my opinion. So, I read that adding some mods could break my game, and I understand why, however, would there be any way to make this one mod work with your awesome modpack please? :)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Guys.... Any mods will work with Infitech 2 if you will make them work. If you have crashes when adding a mod, you must solve it, if you are worried about balance, you must figure those things out by yourself. I dont have time and capabilities to test every single mod there is IF it will work or not, or even provide solutions if you are crashing because you added a mod.