[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

attilavv

Jul 29, 2019
update v3.2.16 it is for client or for client and server ?

Server download is for v3.2.15 but GT is for ...15
No TXT file, no info .. nothing !

On curse the update v3.2.16 have a direecctory "overrides".
1 - Delete and remplace ? NO but 37 files in mods directory ! ! !
2 - remplace ( overrides ) ? NO but two versions of GT ? ? ? NO remplace 37 mods for only GT change ? ? ?

And don't works in any soluce on server.

Please STOP partial pack !
Please found some time to add a TXT file with the process or for indication of version, client or server.

Edit : From FTB launcher it is OK for server but not from the button "server download" from the modpack where you make choise singleplayer or multiplayer.

Problem resolved

Last edited:
U

UNG_God

Is there a prospecting block or something that I can set down in the center of a 3x3 chunk and it'll tell me what ore is in the chunk?
yes that it is hv tier, so it wont be helping any time soon.

I was going to build a mining well, and use an engine to make the prospect of shaft building slightly better then I discovered it needed stainless steel, so no way can I do that (by the time I can easily make stainless steel... I've no idea why I'd even want to build one of those anyway...)
well to not have to dig down, also to mine pipes left down by oil rigs and adv miner2 , also you can power it rf power or gt eu direct, no engine required.
I have literally dug 50+ shafts in center chunks now without 1 single redstone vein.
that is gt5 ore gen for you, but most people have problem finding tin than redstone.

it is strange , but every chunk should contain at least 2 small redstone ore to get some of it, just hit them is difficult , between 5-20 y.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
update v3.2.16 it is for client or for client and server ?

Server download is for v3.2.15 but GT is for ...15
No TXT file, no info .. nothing !

On curse the update v3.2.16 have a direecctory "overrides".
1 - Delete and remplace ? NO but 37 files in mods directory ! ! !
2 - remplace ( overrides ) ? NO but two versions of GT ? ? ? NO remplace 37 mods for only GT change ? ? ?

And don't works in any soluce on server.

Please STOP partial pack !
Please found some time to add a TXT file with the process or for indication of version, client or server.

Edit : From FTB launcher it is OK for server but not from the button "server download" from the modpack where you make choise singleplayer or multiplayer.

Problem resolved
If you are having issues with curse download, report it to curse. Its not my fault they have bugged repo

And, I dont see any reason at all to add ANOTHER file that will tell what the version is. The changelog file already contains it.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
What the heck is with the "research result" data stick in the QuantumSuit recipe?

edit: also lol at the mining laser requiring an Exquisite Diamond. Nobody's ever gonna make that thing! You can't create Exquisite Diamonds, they're a 3% chance per purified diamond ore you put through the sifter. Might as well just keep using the drill, or get an Advanced Miner.

DaHui

Jul 29, 2019
Dont know if anyone has mentioned this but in the magic questline the quest to make nitor (alchemical dabbling) states in the book that 6 torches, 2 coal, and 2 glowstone make 2 nitor with no extra essentia. However this is false, you need 3 coal for that to work, not 2. Not a big deal but it was annoying since i thought i was doing something wrong until i looked at recipe and did the math. (also got flux flu a few times due to this). ** Also it may seem obvious but you might want to add disclaimer that recipes dont work until they are researched... I wasted some stuff before remembering that.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Hello,
say i want to add ExtraCells to modpack. Any cfg, scripts and whatnot editing i need to do OR i can just plug-and-play?

This modpack has extremely heavily modified recipes so if you add a mod to it, it will most likely break intended progression for existing recipes. All recipes in this modpack are centered around GregTech and have been tweaked for such.

Also, this modpack is not intended for those new to the current heavily modified pack progression.

If you do add a mod to it you would have to not only know what you're doing but you would have to debug it yourself as Jason probably won't be able to help you much, if at all, with any issues you run into when adding mods in yourself.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
What the heck is with the "research result" data stick in the QuantumSuit recipe?

edit: also lol at the mining laser requiring an Exquisite Diamond. Nobody's ever gonna make that thing! You can't create Exquisite Diamonds, they're a 3% chance per purified diamond ore you put through the sifter. Might as well just keep using the drill, or get an Advanced Miner.
Sifter recipe actually yield more diamonds than other method so when processing a lot, exquisite aren't that rare.

Another option if playing solo and you want to be cheaty would be to reroll.to an earlier version

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Random question...

Is there any way to transport a monster (exept with minecart)?
- I tryed using the Golden Lasso but that won't work.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
that is a surprise and unfortunately to the worst, if i was finding it expensive before, now is just hearth breaking. so to make that lapotron crystal we need three types of gem (ruby, lapiz/lazurite/sodalite and emerald/olivine) , that to just cut it into pieces to make a single energy flow circuit ... so much fun. the mining pipes is better now, the laser it could at least bumped the energy it stores a little for its price, and the quantum is now made in the assembly line, but that is kind of okay.

These changes are internal Gregtech changes.

U

UNG_God

These changes are internal Gregtech changes

i know, that is why i did not said anything saying it was a bad choice made by the modpack dev team, it is more to other people know what has changed a little. It is blood aspen choice, i cant do anything , just play or quit, the later is becoming more interesting with those changes. Your quests are saving my bacon more than you can believe, if wasnt for that , i would had stopped playing long ago.

And sorry for my text on the stream the other day, i did not express correctly and sounded awful .

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Sifter recipe actually yield more diamonds than other method so when processing a lot, exquisite aren't that rare.

Another option if playing solo and you want to be cheaty would be to reroll.to an earlier version

Converting diamond ore into vanilla diamond ore then mining it with a fortune pick is the best way to get diamonds. When you use the sifter, you get a bunch of diamond dust alongside the solid diamonds, which could be converted into gems via the implosion compressor but in the end you get about as many diamonds as if you just used a fortune pick.

If you had base gregtech and nothing else, then I guess fortune picks would be more difficult to come by. You'd only be able to get past Fortune 1 by enchanting vanilla tools, which would break much faster than normal. In that case maybe it's reasonable to sift diamond ore and get the exquisite diamond.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Should I eat one?
2016-11-04_19.49.28.png

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Random question...

Is there any way to transport a monster (exept with minecart)?
- I tryed using the Golden Lasso but that won't work.

Why doesn't that work? It used to work, but I started my SSP world many many months ago and thus I'm using a lot of items that were disabled after I already had made them (including use of two Golden Lassos to put my animals back in their pens every time I boot up, thanks to the vanilla fence mechanic being broken forever).

As far as I know tho, the Golden Lasso is not one of the "THIS ITEM HAS BEEN DISABLED".

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a prospecting block or something that I can set down in the center of a 3x3 chunk and it'll tell me what ore is in the chunk? I was going to build a mining well, and use an engine to make the prospect of shaft building slightly better then I discovered it needed stainless steel, so no way can I do that (by the time I can easily make stainless steel... I've no idea why I'd even want to build one of those anyway...)

I have literally dug 50+ shafts in center chunks now without 1 single redstone vein. I even decided to just go to Y25, and dig straight for 1000 blocks, just to add some variety... No luck. Hours, and hours of tedious, tedious, tedious work just so I can make red alloy cable... Seriously considering using cofh commands here unless there's a non-cheaty option I'm missing.

Yes there used to be such a thing, it's a GT machine. But things might have changed, and I doubt I can find the video explaining how to use it. But I'll see if I can and will post it here if I can find it.

Surprisingly, I did locate the video I was thinking of, check it out but be aware I have no idea if this machine still works as shown.

But you can also use the OV Scanner from IC2 in conjunction with something like the NanoSuit Armor to charge the Scanner as you use it.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Why doesn't that work? It used to work, but I started my SSP world many many months ago and thus I'm using a lot of items that were disabled after I already had made them (including use of two Golden Lassos to put my animals back in their pens every time I boot up, thanks to the vanilla fence mechanic being broken forever).

As far as I know tho, the Golden Lasso is not one of the "THIS ITEM HAS BEEN DISABLED".
Golden lasso still works for animal. Simply doesn't for monsters.

As Jason said though, Soul Vial will do the trick perfectly for what i have in mind.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Yes there used to be such a thing, it's a GT machine. But things might have changed, and I doubt I can find the video explaining how to use it. But I'll see if I can and will post it here if I can find it.

Surprisingly, I did locate the video I was thinking of, check it out but be aware I have no idea if this machine still works as shown.

But you can also use the OV Scanner from IC2 in conjunction with something like the NanoSuit Armor to charge the Scanner as you use it.
As for the machine your thinking of, your talking about the Seismic prospector. Which in my opinion is good for oil rig but not so much for Adv. Miner II.