[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

C

ColdComfort

So! I've run into a strange issue with my Steam Large Turbine. It seems to work fine, and generates power, which fills up the EV Dynamo block I have built into it. However, I can't get any power out of it. It fills up to 16k, and then...that's it. Connected battery buffers don't fill, it doesn't empty into wires. I've broken the hatch and replaced it, but that had no effect, and the server has restarted once since the problem started. It doesn't cross chunk boundaries either.

Anyone know what the issue might be?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, the change to making rubber (the extra step of combining rubber dust with sulfur) is an absolute killer. And then it's made worse by the requirement of 2 rubber bars per copper cable. Sheesh. Seriously? If you're returning to the game from an earlier play-thru like me, do yourself a huge favor and make "find sulfur vein in nether" a top priority for early-game. I think it's that important, because if you try and rely on small sulfur ores for making your rubber, you're gonna be pulling your hair out at your pace of play (glacial).

It's become a daily ritual for me, discovering all the new "THIS ITEM HAS BEEN DISABLED" messages in NEI. lol Yesterday it was the good old MFE. sigh

U

UNG_God

A bug fixed in the next GT version.
so that is why my advanced miner 2 did not made any dust from the ore vein it just mined, damn .
ic2 fermenter only need 25% of the biogas to run the fluid heat generators for the fermenter
I live on the past, because when i did it ic2 fluid heater used 150mb of biogas to make the fermenter produce 200mb of biogas, so it uses 75% of the biogas produce to keep itself running, Also it is 10mb of biomass for 200mb of biogas on ic2 setup, while with gt setup is 1mb of biomass for 25(?)mb of biogas.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
What kind of distance are you wirelessing over? Because Railcraft has an option to link receivers and controllers same dimension only, but it can even work on redstone level sensing.

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of distance are you wirelessing over? Because Railcraft has an option to link receivers and controllers same dimension only, but it can even work on redstone level sensing.
Currently on the order of just 50 blocks or so. The wireless is so I can avoid long wires and easily use the same signal for multiple modular chained composite logic circuits to control my base.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
so that is why my advanced miner 2 did not made any dust from the ore vein it just mined, damn .

I live on the past, because when i did it ic2 fluid heater used 150mb of biogas to make the fermenter produce 200mb of biogas, so it uses 75% of the biogas produce to keep itself running, Also it is 10mb of biomass for 200mb of biogas on ic2 setup, while with gt setup is 1mb of biomass for 25(?)mb of biogas.
It's 125 per 200. So, 62.5% of the biogas is used in the heater.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, the change to making rubber (the extra step of combining rubber dust with sulfur) is an absolute killer. And then it's made worse by the requirement of 2 rubber bars per copper cable. Sheesh. Seriously? If you're returning to the game from an earlier play-thru like me, do yourself a huge favor and make "find sulfur vein in nether" a top priority for early-game. I think it's that important, because if you try and rely on small sulfur ores for making your rubber, you're gonna be pulling your hair out at your pace of play (glacial).

It's become a daily ritual for me, discovering all the new "THIS ITEM HAS BEEN DISABLED" messages in NEI. lol Yesterday it was the good old MFE. sigh

There are ways to increase efficiency of rubber production and consumption. The best way to produce rubber is via the Chemical Reactor, and the best way to use rubber is in liquid form via an Assembler. Or was there a better way of producing rubber? The Chemical Reactor's recipe is good enough for me-- it's 3 sulfur per 27 rubber.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Railcraft definitely beats that. Has both a digital and analogue option.

Speaking of, is there a chance of a hard mode option for the BC quarry? In Ultimate, it required a Diamond Drill that needed Titanium. I'd like the option, since I don't like the Ender Quarry myself.

Timelife

Jul 29, 2019
I do not know if this other problem has been addressed, again older version, but steelleaf rings are uncraftable. This makes the kinetic/corporal attractor uncraftable.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Heya *waves*

So... after getting more and more into the "more complex crafting systems -> more fun to explore them"-style of playing minecraft, I always have a little sidelook at gregtech.
Now I'm wondering, seeing that this pack has a questbook in it, if this pack is good for learning gregtech or rather a pack where you should know gregtech or have to read alot of tutorials to be able to achieve something.
Anyone can answer me that? :]

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
There are ways to increase efficiency of rubber production and consumption. The best way to produce rubber is via the Chemical Reactor, and the best way to use rubber is in liquid form via an Assembler. Or was there a better way of producing rubber? The Chemical Reactor's recipe is good enough for me-- it's 3 sulfur per 27 rubber.

There aren't any better ways. However rather than finding sulfur ore itself, various ores give tiny piles of sulfur dust or can be thrown through a universal macerator for sulfur or electrolyzed. Chalcopyrite for example is an easy to find ore that can be thermal centrifuged for pyrite which can then be electrolyzed for sulfur. Galena can just be ore washed for tiny piles of sulfur. I'm sitting on a nice pile of 4k sulfur where most of it is from various ores that were mined.

There's also the option of centrifuging netherrack dust. a tiny pile of dust for the impure form and a 99% chance to get a small pile for the normal dust.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
So i think im gonna try a few cross mod energy systems however there is one question i must know beforehand.

What energy sources can you convert into GT energy.

IC2 eu can be converted with a IC2 transformer->GT transformer combo. Are there any other combination that can be done like pneumaticraft pressure or RF?

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Basically what other energy system can in some way be converted into GT energy.

For instance is this possible at all?
RF->?->GT

It opens up the possibility to use other than GTs generators for early game.

Beyond that there is also pneumaticraft that has some really interesting fuel refinement systems. For instance light fuel or LPG either for gas generators, steam production (lpg bucket) or nitro diesel->diesel generator that could be a really solid early game alternative with oilsand or railcraft oil

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Basically what other energy system can in some way be converted into GT energy.

For instance is this possible at all?
RF->?->GT

It opens up the possibility to use other than GTs generators for early game.

Beyond that there is also pneumaticraft that has some really interesting fuel refinement systems. For instance light fuel or LPG either for gas generators, steam production (lpg bucket) or nitro diesel->diesel generator that could be a really solid early game alternative with oilsand or railcraft oil
I feel like I must be telling you something you already know, but yeah, in theory you can transform RF --> GT via pneumaticcraft or galacticraft.

The pneumaticcraft transformation gives you something close to the ideal ratio (which exact number escapes me right now but is close to 4:1). However it is problematic: it has a "heat" mechanism that kicks in when worked hard. The more RF you try to transform at a time, the more heat a single transformer setup produces, and heat kills the efficiency.

In the past I've created small-ish Big Reactors with 8-10 transformation arrays that were able to do the transformation at around 80% efficiency if memory serves.

Lots of iron spent there.

The GC transformation is a bit simpler but does not transform at the ideal rate at all (and I forget what rate you get)

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, sounds interesting. Might be worth comparing pneumaticraft generators compared to the GT generators and see if there is an efficiency gain to get somewhere. Also ive been thinking about IC2 windpower but dont remember if they are disabled in this modpack or not. Could be really interesting to make an early game wind-powered biogas production line.