[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
How does one get power out of an IC2 nuclear reactor without IC2 power storage devices? I tried hooking the reactor directly to a gregtech transformer but it didn't work. As a test, I cheated in an mfsu and put that on the reactor and then a gregtech transformer against the mfsu and then I was able to get power out. The reactor produces 840 eu/t and I am using a gregtech hv transformer -> hv 4-slot battery buffer with 4 batteries.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, what? I can't turn my quicksilver back into mercury anymore.

Thank you

So i guess i will work on biogas
And thanks for the information about leaves! Thats actually really cool!

I've been using the IC2 Fermenter and Fluid Heat Generator combo to produce biogas. You do need a Solid Heat Generator to kickstart the Fermenter, though.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Im running down the numbers and the IC2 fermenter isnt all that bad now that i look into it.

I looked into this way back and because of that i had a bias that it is extremly slow, however that is actually not that true in gregtech.

I managed to find one of my old threads about this way back:
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=11146&highlight=

The interesting thing here is that the eu value of biogas is actually much higher in GT5 U than using an industrial craft generator so each 62.5 seconds you would produce 1 bucket of biogas and 40000/64000 of this would be consumed to produce the next bucket. However that leaves 0.375 mb of biogas at 45 eu/mb or 16875 eu worth of biogas. So the output is actually 16875/(62.5*20)= 13.5 eu/tick worth of fuel. When you look into how much energy you get out of this it really gets interesting.

8 leaves is 1 biochaff which in turn transforms into 8 buckets of biogas if i remember correctly. Ofc a lot of this is consumed so in the end you end up with 3 buckets of biogas per 8 leaves or a wopping 135000 eu. That is a LOT for a bunch of leaves you can easily mass farm with a shear.

I will look into the numbers a bit more closely though to make sure its all still valid. However if the values is somewhat close to this it is actually an extremly viable source of energy production as the fermenters are the only thing you need to scale up since both macerator and canning machine work a lot faster than the fermenters. It wouldnt even be that hard to run a blast furnace of this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
How does one get power out of an IC2 nuclear reactor without IC2 power storage devices? I tried hooking the reactor directly to a gregtech transformer but it didn't work. As a test, I cheated in an mfsu and put that on the reactor and then a gregtech transformer against the mfsu and then I was able to get power out. The reactor produces 840 eu/t and I am using a gregtech hv transformer -> hv 4-slot battery buffer with 4 batteries.

You'll need to use a IC2 transformer as well. So a IC2 transformer that's receiving power from the IC2 power supplier and have the IC2 transformer output power directly to the GT HV transformer without any cables inbetween.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Im running down the numbers and the IC2 fermenter isnt all that bad now that i look into it.

I looked into this way back and because of that i had a bias that it is extremly slow, however that is actually not that true in gregtech.

I managed to find one of my old threads about this way back:
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=11146&highlight=

The interesting thing here is that the eu value of biogas is actually much higher in GT5 U than using an industrial craft generator so each 62.5 seconds you would produce 1 bucket of biogas and 40000/64000 of this would be consumed to produce the next bucket. However that leaves 0.375 mb of biogas at 45 eu/mb or 16875 eu worth of biogas. So the output is actually 16875/(62.5*20)= 13.5 eu/tick worth of fuel. When you look into how much energy you get out of this it really gets interesting.

8 leaves is 1 biochaff which in turn transforms into 8 buckets of biogas if i remember correctly. Ofc a lot of this is consumed so in the end you end up with 3 buckets of biogas per 8 leaves or a wopping 135000 eu. That is a LOT for a bunch of leaves you can easily mass farm with a shear.

I will look into the numbers a bit more closely though to make sure its all still valid. However if the values is somewhat close to this it is actually an extremly viable source of energy production as the fermenters are the only thing you need to scale up since both macerator and canning machine work a lot faster than the fermenters. It wouldnt even be that hard to run a blast furnace of this.

I used a vanilla cactus farm to fuel my fermenter setup, using liquid heat generators to power them. The nice thing was how easy it was to scale up - both by adding new layers to the farm and/or adding an extra fermenter/generator. I'm still using it for producing plastics.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Is dark steel really supposed to be the only grinding ball for the SAG mill now?

Xavion posted this a while back ...

Use better grinding balls, titanium, naquadah alloy, and neutronium can now be made into grinding balls, a bit better than the corresponding iron/dark steel/tungstensteel of old.

That said, it was nerfed a bit on the overzealous side, and can be toned back based off feed back. I suggest searching "<hold shift>" in NEI though, then looking at the rounds to see all their stats easily.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Honestly, I've found an awful lot of Thaumium in loot chests before I even got started with Thaumcraft.

What's the point of hammering brown limonite? Crushed only gives 3 nuggets, and then you've got to hammer it again for one ingot. Or you can just smelt the ore directly and get one ingot. There doesn't seem to be a byproduct. I assume that's something that comes from a more expensive processing chain?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Macerating the ore gives two crushed, so definitely better to macerate -> hammer -> smelt -> 2 ingots, than just smelt -> one ingot.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
If you are having a hard time finding diamonds an advice is to go hunting for them inside the abyssal stones you can find on the bottom of oceans. They will have vanilla type lapis, emerald and diamond ores in them. Alternatively you can turn 64 coal ore into 1 diamond at your tech tier. Convert the coal ore into coal either with steam hammer or smelt them inside a regular furnace. grind them to dust and then combine them with flint and you will get an item you can refine further in a steam compressor. The output can then be combined with 1 chunk of obsidian. When this coal chunk is processed again in a steam compressor you get an industrial diamond which you can use in the place of diamonds.

for each diamond you will need 64 coal ore, 8 flint and 1 obsidian

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, gotcha. Still hunting a second diamond for my Macerator, but that's useful to know.

Forgot to mention, for some ores (eg 'pure' iron, 'pure' gold) you'll get more by smelting the two crushed (10 nuggets each) and not hammer it first. It's worth checking through each possible process every time, including converting ores into Thaumcraft clusters once you've gotten that far down the road.

EDIT: about 7 typos :(

U

UNG_God

Yhea, but the golem is slow at cutting trees down, the farming station cuts them down instantly
true at some point, could make more golems, and different from other ways , golem tree farm dont have any kind of maintenance required like power tools parts.

How does one get power out of an IC2 nuclear reactor without IC2 power storage devices?

we do have the charge pad version of ic2 cesu/mfe/mfsu , but as said earlier ic2 transform to gt transformer.

Wait, what? I can't turn my quicksilver back into mercury anymore.
i am sad too.

it just consume allot of tin early on, and the only difference at end is that gt distillery makes a bit more biogas than ic2 fermenter. It was my main power for a good chunk of time on Kirara 3.0 server when i made the awaken nightmare season 3.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Is dark steel really supposed to be the only grinding ball for the SAG mill now?
According to the configs for Ender IO, there are also Titanium rounds, Naquadah Alloy rounds and Neutronium rounds. The only problem is that those rounds don't appear to be craftable...

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
I was walking around a plains biome, and all of a sudden I kept getting kicked into the air randomly, and falling to my death.

If I teleport back there, it keeps happening over and over. If I do manage to survive, I get sucked into a certain point and it keeps twirling me around like I'm in a hurricane.There seems to be no way I can get to my grave.

Is this a bug, or a mod feature?
Thaumcraft Hungry Node?

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Xavion posted this a while back ...
Yes, I know about that. That is not the case, however. Searching for "grinding ball" when holding shift only displays the dark steel rounds, and SAG Mill recipes only display the dark steel rounds as being used. So it's the only type currently usable, which I must assume is an error.

I was walking around a plains biome, and all of a sudden I kept getting kicked into the air randomly, and falling to my death.

If I teleport back there, it keeps happening over and over. If I do manage to survive, I get sucked into a certain point and it keeps twirling me around like I'm in a hurricane.There seems to be no way I can get to my grave.

That is definitely a Hungry Node. They eat blocks near them (based on hardness-- they won't eat Obsidian for instance) and suck entities and items up and destroy them too. I'm not sure if they eat graves... normally they'd just eat everything you dropped, with the exception of Tinkers Construct tools.
Before you have a Thaumometer, you can tell where they are because there is a particle effect visible as if they're sucking up dust from off of nearby blocks. Of course, if you outright see blocks being eaten that's a clear sign of a hungry node. Ultimately you'll want to get a Thaumometer and have it held when exploring so that you can actually SEE the nodes, then upgrade to Goggles of Revealing.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

That's definitely the behavior of a Thaumcraft Hungry Node. Good luck getting your stuff back without moving the node, which will take quite a bit of doing, as if you break your grave whilst near the node your items will be very likely to get sucked into it. If you didn't want Thaumcraft Hungry Nodes to build up and turn into a wand recharging node, then you could destroy it by switching over to Creative mode, one punch with bare fists in Creative mode will destroy a Hungry Node.

If you do want the Thaumcraft Node, it will take some doing, as making a box it can't suck in so you can capture it within a jar will be very tricky as you have to be very fast to build the jar before the node sucks the blocks placed down into it. That usually means you have to use obsidian and convert the obsidian with the swapping wand from Thaumcraft.

Good luck getting your stuff back! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
So uh, I've pretty much confirmed by now that Nether bee mutations do not happen in a Hell Emulation industrial apiary, despite the new Forestry code. It also looks like the Icy and Glacial bee mutations are impossible. I have a Magic Apiary with a Vis Booster on it in a spot where I changed the biome to Cold Taiga (Via the Terrestrial Reformer), and did not get the Icy mutation in 30 or so generations of 4x bees. The same thing is happening with Glacial bees, though I suppose I haven't gotten up to as ridiculous an amount as my Icy attempt.

I confirmed the Industrial Apiary bug still exists by attempting to crossbreed Modest and Sinister to get Fiendish, which has a 40% chance on it. That should happen almost immediately, but I got like ten generations with no mutation.

Edit: Also, what's with a bunch of Pulverizer ore byproducts being disabled? That doesn't make any sense.

Anybody know how to make Dragon Blood? According to NEI, it's unobtainable.
You have to use GregTech (Brewing Machine) beer brewing, and Dragon Blood's brewing recipe isn't listed in NEI.

Is Dragon Blood even good for anything, though? It seems like the only point is to get Galgadorian metal for endgame Steves Carts stuff, and imo that's pointless.

Last edited: