[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

U

UNG_God

Sorry do you mind explaining what you mean?

it is quite simple, some version ago to use the crops leafs on the chemical reactor and make 4xtime the ore you are washing, it required a voltage of HV ,but at some version ago Blood Aspen reduced its voltage tier to LV, and that change finally got on the pack. so now i can automate it with LV chemical instead of an army of HV chemical, it is pretty expensive to make those.

Having a quick glance the tool tips appear correct, and now actually state the burn rate, where as before they didn't.

it is pretty strange to me, it was more clear before, at least to me .

If you mean why you don't appear on the first post.... It is limited to 5 embedd youtube links. I can put you at least in the way of link.
okay, thanks for knowing, so it was not ignored or refused.

Are there any early/mid-game tools that are actually any good for digging?

stick dynamites, really it is not that difficult to make those. But taking in mind materials, try to get to steel quick, or make some thaumcraft advanced to strange metals, on my base i used some tunnel bores to help me clean it, or a filler powered by gt power.

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
my steam setup is confusing me.

got a small coal boiler, inputting water from below (railcraft tank, LOVELY thing), and outputting one of its sides to two machines currently: a steam extractor (I want a hazmat suit for lava transport, even though it's not told me to go about it in the book, forget it, doing it anyways), and a steam compressor.

SOMETIMES they'll get steam..the bronze pipes are hot, touching them hurts me..the coal boiler hisses from holding too much steam..

how the hell do i get it out of the boiler..?

edit: previously, i had tried using that square hole on the back of the machines to pipe in steam. lasted a while, then stopped. well i have to move my machines around to using that hole, then not using it, to get steam in..

i'm even more confused but temporarily, it's working

edit 2: ok, DON'T block that square in the back..seems to be working now

Last edited:

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
my steam setup is confusing me.

got a small coal boiler, inputting water from below (railcraft tank, LOVELY thing), and outputting one of its sides to two machines currently: a steam extractor (I want a hazmat suit for lava transport, even though it's not told me to go about it in the book, forget it, doing it anyways), and a steam compressor.

SOMETIMES they'll get steam..the bronze pipes are hot, touching them hurts me..the coal boiler hisses from holding too much steam..

how the hell do i get it out of the boiler..?

edit: previously, i had tried using that square hole on the back of the machines to pipe in steam. lasted a while, then stopped. well i have to move my machines around to using that hole, then not using it, to get steam in..

i'm even more confused but temporarily, it's working

edit 2: ok, DON'T block that square in the back..seems to be working now
Bronze ages is a rather slow and not automation0friendly.
- You must not block their output as they vent steam from it.
- You can output steam from any side of the machine exept bottom.
- In the beginning, you'll use up steam faster than you make it. Thus storing it in a tank for later use is recommended.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
You can also put the machines directly next to the boilers, without the need for pipes. But as Marc said, using a tank buffer is useful, especially for the alloy smelter.

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be making a few, once I find a tin vein..or since I've made a level 3 aqua shard thaumium pickaxe, if i go the tin transmute route.

thanks.

edit: huh..? the aqua pickaxe..got me two obsidian to make diamonds..and five stone..and broke..that's not a good tool at all.

edit 2: so the shard based tools are higher level and lower durability..i see. now, what tank should i use? i'm scrounging to get the obsidian for getting to the nether, to get nether quartz, for fused quartz, for Fluid Tanks from EnderIO..because the BC Tanks don't output steam. they store well, though. and same for open blocks tanks ,they don't output..so how do i output from them, or any advice on getting obsidian?

Last edited:

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be making a few, once I find a tin vein..or since I've made a level 3 aqua shard thaumium pickaxe, if i go the tin transmute route.

thanks.

edit: huh..? the aqua pickaxe..got me two obsidian to make diamonds..and five stone..and broke..that's not a good tool at all.

Generally speaking, the harder block you're trying to mine is, the more durability it will take to break it. Obsidian will 'kill' any lower tier pick in several uses.

As for TC shard picks, terra one has the highest durability.

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I recently made the decision of starting over, I grabbed some of the stuff that i didnt want to make again, and decided to experience the bronze, lv, mv and hv ages again.
Im at a point where im gonna start lv machines, and need to decide on what power source should i use. Last time i used steam (charcoal) pretty heavly, this time i was thinking of using biogas or ethanol.

What its best, biogas or ethanol?
Whats the most efficient in terms of saplings?
Which do you think its more worth it?

Do you have other options for early lv?
I dont want to use oil or lava....

R

Rogash

thanks.

edit 2: so the shard based tools are higher level and lower durability..i see. now, what tank should i use? i'm scrounging to get the obsidian for getting to the nether, to get nether quartz, for fused quartz, for Fluid Tanks from EnderIO..because the BC Tanks don't output steam. they store well, though. and same for open blocks tanks ,they don't output..so how do i output from them, or any advice on getting obsidian?
First get a terra shard pickaxe it has a higher durability or use dark steel from a loot chest. Thaumium is another t3 material but it requires a wand for getting a crucible. If you found a nickel vein then the cobalt is the easiest way. If you go to the nether you can make the basical fluid conduits that can extract from any tank that you wanna use. but basically the buildcraft tank is really cheap.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019

Biogas by quite a lot, however its easiest to do it with leaves. Just get a shear and go to town and you will have a barrel full in a jiffy. Then all you need is a macerator, an ic2 machine for blending (cant remember name) and then a distillation tower (dont bother with ic2 one, way to slow) However this is HV tier so its quite far away if you are in LV.

Ethanol i think you do the normal forestry route, however it is not very good compared to biogas as in general gaseous fuels>liquid fuels as you get into the HV era. It might be viable as a low tech power solution but i think gathering sapplings would be a lot of work.

For the really early game you can go either charcoal or lava for the most part. If you have fir trees you can easily get butloads of charcoal with the charcoal pit even though it is somewhat time consuming (gathering the charcoal). For producing the steam i would recomend high pressure coal boilers as they have the best possible efficiency. It is also a good idea to make a max size iron railcraft tank to buffer the steam as well as the energy density of steam sucks and there is a significant warmup on steam production. With 6 high pressure low boiler running you should be able to run 2 LV steam generators.

As you get a bit further into LV age you can go steam to methane though to improve the energy density of the fuel.
This simple setup uses either 5 high pressure lava boilers or 10 high pressure coal boilers and produce methane worth about 64 eu/t. The main advantage is that you can more easily store and move the energy around with this method.
http://prnt.sc/cz8uie

Going from LV you are probably going to wanna look into oil a bit since you will need it anyway for the higher level circuits. Initially i usually make do with steam to run my blast furnace but its very work intense so i get into oilsand->nitro diesel as soon as i can. Going really big on steam is a bit problematic since it is not easy to automate charcoal production untill later energy tiers so producing large amount of solid fuel is a lot of manual work so im not sure i would recomend it.

Last edited:

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
Biogas by quite a lot, however its easiest to do it with leaves. Just get a shear and go to town and you will have a barrel full in a jiffy. Then all you need is a macerator, an ic2 machine for blending (cant remember name) and then a distillation tower (dont bother with ic2 one, way to slow) However this is HV tier so its quite far away if you are in LV.

Ethanol i think you do the normal forestry route, however it is not very good compared to biogas as in general gaseous fuels>liquid fuels as you get into the HV era. It might be viable as a low tech power solution but i think gathering sapplings would be a lot of work.

For the really early game you can go either charcoal or lava for the most part. If you have fir trees you can easily get butloads of charcoal with the charcoal pit even though it is somewhat time consuming (gathering the charcoal). For producing the steam i would recomend high pressure coal boilers as they have the best possible efficiency. It is also a good idea to make a max size iron railcraft tank to buffer the steam as well as the energy density of steam sucks and there is a significant warmup on steam production. With 6 high pressure low boiler running you should be able to run 2 LV steam generators.

As you get a bit further into LV age you can go steam to methane though to improve the energy density of the fuel.
This simple setup uses either 5 high pressure lava boilers or 10 high pressure coal boilers and produce methane worth about 64 eu/t. The main advantage is that you can more easily store and move the energy around with this method.
http://prnt.sc/cz8uie

Going from LV you are probably going to wanna look into oil a bit since you will need it anyway for the higher level circuits. Initially i usually make do with steam to run my blast furnace but its very work intense so i get into oilsand->nitro diesel as soon as i can. Going really big on steam is a bit problematic since it is not easy to automate charcoal production untill later energy tiers so producing large amount of solid fuel is a lot of manual work so im not sure i would recomend it.
Thank you

So i guess i will work on biogas
And thanks for the information about leaves! Thats actually really cool!

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
I have noticed that the enderio farming station, wont accept forestry saplings, or extrabiomes saplings. Isnt there a way to "fix" this?
I think i remember someone saying you can use golems for planting the saplings and then the farming station will cut down?

L

Lithorn

It is written that the Input Hatch voltage, and coils make the tier of the blast furnace but honestly only the voltage seems to matter. Why is that? Wouldn't higher voltage and higher heat make for quicker blasting? Using Kanthal, HV hatch, 42s for most stuff still.. I guess I need to get on up to those insane voltages, I did just hit nuclear age.

Also transforming down seems like a huge waste of energy, often feels like consuming 1 pulse of a type wastes the other 3 while consuming a whole tier above. An example, I transform EV to HV, I drain a full packet but only use 1/4th, rest is gone?

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I recently made the decision of starting over, I grabbed some of the stuff that i didnt want to make again, and decided to experience the bronze, lv, mv and hv ages again.
Im at a point where im gonna start lv machines, and need to decide on what power source should i use. Last time i used steam (charcoal) pretty heavly, this time i was thinking of using biogas or ethanol.

I actually went solar boiler -> biodiesel (from oilsand)

It's not that tough to do actually. You just charge up some batteries with a steam turbine from your solar boilers to get the biodiesel kick started and the it you just run it after biodiesel after that.

From there I got a drill rig found a decent source of light oil close by and have mostly switched to LPG. About to get a train up and running so I can transport heavy oil from a 500+ well I found a distance away. With the toluene I get from that I can finally make more advanced multiblock structures.

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
First get a terra shard pickaxe it has a higher durability or use dark steel from a loot chest. Thaumium is another t3 material but it requires a wand for getting a crucible. If you found a nickel vein then the cobalt is the easiest way. If you go to the nether you can make the basical fluid conduits that can extract from any tank that you wanna use. but basically the buildcraft tank is really cheap.
EnderIO fluid conduits, you mean? Thanks.

Yeah terra shard pickaxe is something I can make. Terra shard, all shard pickaxes and tools though, require Thaumium from a crucible, for the hilt/handle.
Buildcraft tanks, those vertical stacking red ones, are pretty easy to make.
I so far have found regular steel and made a pickaxe of that, a nice level 2 pickaxe with more durability than wrought iron, so far. No dark steel..or not enough yet.
thanks

U

UNG_God

So i guess i will work on biogas
And thanks for the information about leaves! Thats actually really cool!
konceptum is making an Lp around gt5u alone and uses biogas, and a vanilla cactus farm for the material for the biomass.

I think i remember someone saying you can use golems for planting the saplings and then the farming station will cut down?
if you can make a golem that can plant it means one that can chop is not that far.

It is written that the Input Hatch voltage, and coils make the tier of the blast furnace but honestly only the voltage seems to matter. Why is that? Wouldn't higher voltage and higher heat make for quicker blasting? Using Kanthal, HV hatch, 42s for most stuff still.. I guess I need to get on up to those insane voltages, I did just hit nuclear age.
It is a logic in our world but not in minecraft . Voltage and heat coils are based on material, using higher coil only work for more smelting in the multi-smelter multiblock ( but i doubt Blood aspen made the new coils compatible)

Also transforming down seems like a huge waste of energy, often feels like consuming 1 pulse of a type wastes the other 3 while consuming a whole tier above. An example, I transform EV to HV, I drain a full packet but only use 1/4th, rest is gone?

it is a common misunderstanding , every gt machine have an internal storage , and it will only request power when there is space on that storage, one 1 amp of Ev will fill the transformer internal by 2048eu , and the transformer can output that power on amps of 512eu when requested, if it is not request it just waits there. One easy way to see it is to have a tricoder , and use a lv centrifuge recipe that uses 5eu, keep clicking the machine to see the internal getting lower until it drops enough to receive an amp of 32eu. On gt, power is only lost when transmission is happening.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
It is a logic in our world but not in minecraft . Voltage and heat coils are based on material, using higher coil only work for more smelting in the multi-smelter multiblock ( but i doubt Blood aspen made the new coils compatible)
That actually was a Pull Request and not done by me. But yes, the Multismelter is compatible with the new coils and improves the efficiency.
The values are, per coil tier:
Items per operation: 8 / 16 / 32 / 64 / 128 / 128 / 128
EU Usage: 100% / 100% / 100% / 100% / 50% / 25% / 13%