[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
what's your preferred post-mining processing, the enderIO one for more chrome? Or the GT one for rare earth?
The advanced miner II works like this:
When a GT ore is found the miner performs a lookup for the ore's universal macerator/rock crusher recipes and returns the output multiplied by 1-5. In other words, the miner will produce up to 5 times the output of a universal macerator per ore it finds.

So using the enderio sag mill after, isnt possible, cause you get crushed ores and not the ores themselves

G

Greyfell309

Advanced miner II above a redstone vein makes for a beastly chrome source. I've gathered more than 10 stacks of chrome dust in that manner.
I know. My Adv Miner collected about 17 stacks from 2 ruby veins. But an even faster way to get chrome is to mine the ruby ore yourself (Hv drill with HSS material+Advanced jetpack+ultimate lappack in your inventory), then put all ruby ore in a SAG mill with tungstensteel rounds. In total, I ended up with enough chrome for 2 and a half fusion reactors from only 4 ruby veins. The most painfull part for me was getting one ingot of Plutonium 241, getting the chrome turned out to be the easiest part of building the fusion reactor.. But dude... Once built, i can fill up 4 energy orbs in about 2 minutes.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm starting to get into some InfiTech stuff I haven't experienced before. Since I'm playing hardcore, are there any things that I can construct that could kill me? I know IC2 Nuclear power can, what else?
Do not forget radioactive materials(U235 or plutonium) they are also in material bags or some crops.
Generally machines exploding because of overvoltage are deadly before having good armor.
While good armor later protects good against steam or lava pipes, in real endgame the plasma filled pipes are deadly with almost every armor.
Do NOT use the ic2 mining laser in exploding mode (= instagib).
Galacticraft has many possible deaths (rocket crashes, out of air, deadly space monsters, bugs).

Reactions: EchoingZen

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Do not forget radioactive materials(U235 or plutonium) they are also in material bags or some crops.
Generally machines exploding because of overvoltage are deadly before having good armor.
While good armor later protects good against steam or lava pipes, in real endgame the plasma filled pipes are deadly with almost every armor.
Galacticraft has many possible deaths (rocket crashes, out of air, deadly space monsters, bugs).
Good to know. :) I'm familiar with galacticraft enough so I think I can avoid those for the most part. The pipes do make me nervous though

donto

Jul 29, 2019
is there any pipe that are able to sorts two different fluids and send them out different places?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
is there any pipe that are able to sorts two different fluids and send them out different places?
Not really but you can sorta fake it with enderio. If you filter the inputs, it will take all of one liquid and put it to its destination, then all of another liquid and push it to its destination. (as far as i know, the fluid conduits don't transport X+2 fluids simultaneously)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Not really but you can sorta fake it with enderio. If you filter the inputs, it will take all of one liquid and put it to its destination, then all of another liquid and push it to its destination. (as far as i know, the fluid conduits don't transport X+2 fluids simultaneously)
Actually there is. Its the Ender Fluid Conduit. Yes you filter the destination and it will send out the fluid instantaneously and at the same time.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Actually there is. Its the Ender Fluid Conduit. Yes you filter the destination and it will send out the fluid instantaneously and at the same time.
Thanks for clarification. I'd forgotten the Ender version was a bit special.

"Instant fluid teleportation allows multiple fluids to be transported on the same line"

donto

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for clarification. I'd forgotten the Ender version was a bit special.

"Instant fluid teleportation allows multiple fluids to be transported on the same line"

thanks for helping, will go to single player and test it out.
is there a sort of filter item? or do i have to fill a inventory with that specific fluid in the end?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
thanks for helping, will go to single player and test it out.
is there a sort of filter item? or do i have to fill a inventory with that specific fluid in the end?
Last I checked, it didn't require a filter item. It has its own gui filter. You do need an "example" item (bucket of oil, cell of water, etC) which will generate a "ghost" item in the gui.

I don't think you can drag from NEI to generate a ghost item, but its worth trying.

donto

Jul 29, 2019
Last I checked, it didn't require a filter item. It has its own gui filter. You do need an "example" item (bucket of oil, cell of water, etC) which will generate a "ghost" item in the gui.

I don't think you can drag from NEI to generate a ghost item, but its worth trying.

found a cheaper way to filter by using gregtech "fluid filter" covers.
Place covers on any inventory, and right click on the cover with a specific cell
and it doesnt require enderium and tungstensteel :D

Reactions: Pyure

DenTommes

Jul 29, 2019
My base in infitech is progressing fantastically! My main power source is still methane, although I finally reached the early EV age.

I now build a single thorium reactor that I want to use as main power supply while I turn the methane producers on and off depending on how full my EV battery buffers are. But I have no clue how I should do this. at first I thought I could simply use the EU reader cover, but it doesn't detect the amount of energy in the batteries, just in the internal buffer. My next thought was to use opencomputers, as I used computercraft in a similar way a few years back on the monster pack, but I don't really understand how I could realize this task with it.

The only more or less working solution I know how to build would be to use the reactor to power the methane production and use a comparator on a railcraft tank valve to see when I need to turn the reactors on or off, but this wouldn't help me much, as I would simply switch from using Lava as an energy source to Thorium, without actually producing more energy.

How do you guys tackle the problem?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I now build a single thorium reactor that I want to use as main power supply while I turn the methane producers on and off depending on how full my EV battery buffers are. But I have no clue how I should do this. at first I thought I could simply use the EU reader cover, but it doesn't detect the amount of energy in the batteries, just in the internal buffer.
If you mean the energy detector cover (I think), you just need to screwdriver it until it gets into the correct mode. Its one of the last modes (and there are many).

In the correct mode, it reports total power including batteries.

DenTommes

Jul 29, 2019
If you mean the energy detector cover (I think), you just need to screwdriver it until it gets into the correct mode. Its one of the last modes (and there are many).

In the correct mode, it reports total power including batteries.

Silly me... I was just going with the information found on the wiki, I found the right mode now :D thx!

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Do you know what tier the radioactive material come from in material bags? You have me super paranoid, since I always grab material bags. (I think I might switch it up to component bags)

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Im planning the setup for my Mass Fabricator, does anyone know how many EU per tick the Mass Fabricator draws?