[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a better source of instrumentum than tables (from Thaumcraft)? Looking to duplicate bronze in the crucible, in addition to my bronze blast furnace.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a better source of instrumentum than tables (from Thaumcraft)? Looking to duplicate bronze in the crucible, in addition to my bronze blast furnace.

I have an alchemical furnace dedicated to producing instrumentum, with a barrel import buffer and an AE2 export bus. I use stone shovels (2 sticks, 1 cobblestone). Each shovel produces (I think): 2 instrumentum and 1 arbor. The arbor is pushed from the furnace to a void jar (labeled essentia pipe that only accepts arbor). The instrumentum is pushed to an essentia reservoir (labeled essentia pipe that only accepts instrumentum). The essentia reservoir feeds my repair box.

You could just push the instrumentum back into your network or directly to a dedicated crucible for the purpose of duplicating bronze.

Not certain how much tables give in terms of essentia, but the stone shovels work well for me. When I need to fill up my instrumentum essentia reservoir, I just order up another 128 shovels via the AE2 crafting interface.

Reactions: EchoingZen

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I have an alchemical furnace dedicated to producing instrumentum, with a barrel import buffer and an AE2 export bus. I use stone shovels (2 sticks, 1 cobblestone). Each shovel produces (I think): 2 instrumentum and 1 arbor. The arbor is pushed from the furnace to a void jar (labeled essentia pipe that only accepts arbor). The instrumentum is pushed to an essentia reservoir (labeled essentia pipe that only accepts instrumentum). The essentia reservoir feeds my repair box.

You could just push the instrumentum back into your network or directly to a dedicated crucible for the purpose of duplicating bronze.

Not certain how much tables give in terms of essentia, but the stone shovels work well for me. When I need to fill up my instrumentum essentia reservoir, I just order up another 128 shovels via the AE2 crafting interface.
Oh! Shovels are a great suggestion, thanks. :) Far less byproducts, too. Yeah, certainly going to devote a furnace just for that aspect.

U

UNG_God

I can't make plantballs in the way the quest book says with wheat in a 'chest' pattern. Was that intentionally removed?
you can use the compressor to make plant balls from a lot of stuff, except forestry saplings.

Also, the ic2 electric wrench has been disabled - is there a replacement way to safely mine ic2 machines like the fluid/solid canner?
any gt wrench will do fine.

Is there a better source of instrumentum than tables (from Thaumcraft)?
a simple piece of flint?

G

Greyfell309

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=11729
That thread has a lot Nuclear reactor designs.
The output of them was rised by GT (2x EU/t or 4x Energy from hot coolant) but all components behave the same, so they work 1:1.
Is it? Uranium and MOX sure, i can generate 840 instead of 420 wich is awesome.. But when i switch to thorium, i generate 168 eu/t.... Is this a bug or what? Just to be clear, i use the exact same reactor with the same configuration (the one with 7 quad cells), i only switch the fuel rods. So why is this happening?

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
Im trying to mutate bees. I have a Thaumic Shard princess and a naquadah drone, and I'm trying to use the mutatron from gendustry to breed them. But once I place the princess it doesn't let me place the drone and vice-versa.
NEI shows this mutation has possible. Am I doing something wrong? I have used the mutatron to make other bees, and I haven't had issues until now

EDIT: I just noticed the writing in red, does this mean I still to meet the requirements even though I'm using a mutatron?

Attachments

• naquadah + shard.png
    naquadah + shard.png
    671.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm having troubles planting mana beans. I harvested a silverwood sapling (after 8 silverwoods), brought it back to my base and when I try to hang a bean on a log, it doesn't place.

EDIT: Ok, so I guess they changed how mana beans are farmed. Sigh.

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Im trying to mutate bees. I have a Thaumic Shard princess and a naquadah drone, and I'm trying to use the mutatron from gendustry to breed them. But once I place the princess it doesn't let me place the drone and vice-versa.
NEI shows this mutation has possible. Am I doing something wrong? I have used the mutatron to make other bees, and I haven't had issues until now

EDIT: I just noticed the writing in red, does this mean I still to meet the requirements even though I'm using a mutatron?
Making DOB bee? Yes it has forced requirement even in mutatron

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
The gregtech wrench or electric gregtech wrench has replaced it

any gt wrench will do fine.

Thanks guys - I was trying to left-click with the GT wrench (like you would with GT machines)!

And re the plantball - the only thing I was really asking is if the recipe suggested in the HQM had been intentionally removed or was it bugged. If it has been removed, the HQM book might want to be updated :)

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Thanks guys - I was trying to left-click with the GT wrench (like you would with GT machines)!

And re the plantball - the only thing I was really asking is if the recipe suggested in the HQM had been intentionally removed or was it bugged. If it has been removed, the HQM book might want to be updated :)
about the plantball, yes it seems only the compressor recipes remain so the HQM book needs to be updated there to not mention crafting as a possible source for plantballs.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm starting to get into some InfiTech stuff I haven't experienced before. Since I'm playing hardcore, are there any things that I can construct that could kill me? I know IC2 Nuclear power can, what else?

S

Sven "flamestrider"

So, I'm starting to get into some InfiTech stuff I haven't experienced before. Since I'm playing hardcore, are there any things that I can construct that could kill me? I know IC2 Nuclear power can, what else?
uninsulated wires, filled pipes with either too hot or too cold fluids/gases, tnt... loads of stuff can be dangerous if you are careless.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
uninsulated wires, filled pipes with either too hot or too cold fluids/gases, tnt... loads of stuff can be dangerous if you are careless.

Yep that too cold one I learned just recently. Kills you very fast. How do you safely transport these materials with GT pipes? I've been using eIO conduits but they are expensive...

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Are ore veins generated in the same fashion (3n+1) in the nether?

EDIT: Looks like it generates the same, but I'm getting a lot of empty veins. I'm wondering if they are spawning the veins above my head.

Last edited:
H

Herrminator1994

Advanced miner II above a redstone vein makes for a beastly chrome source. I've gathered more than 10 stacks of chrome dust in that manner.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Advanced miner II above a redstone vein makes for a beastly chrome source. I've gathered more than 10 stacks of chrome dust in that manner.
what's your preferred post-mining processing, the enderIO one for more chrome? Or the GT one for rare earth?