[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Crops are not difficult. They just need an extreme amount of patience to breed them again and again and again...
I'm trying to get stickreed. If I'm reading this correctly, I just need to breed sugar cane with sugar cane over and over and eventually I should get it, right?

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to get stickreed. If I'm reading this correctly, I just need to breed sugar cane with sugar cane over and over and eventually I should get it, right?
You're not alone in ic2 crops trouble. I've never really delved into it, but tried it in infitech2 3.x because it was in my quest log. I failed, looked it up online, tried again, and then I gave up.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
You're not alone in ic2 crops trouble. I've never really delved into it, but tried it in infitech2 3.x because it was in my quest log. I failed, looked it up online, tried again, and then I gave up.
Ok, glad I'm not the only one suffering. Spent the last couple hours trying to get something, anything.
I did manage to get something called Olivia Seeds. When I left click trying to get seeds, they often just vanish with no seed bag. :(

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
ill say again... All things have a cost. I don't understand why chunkloading should be different. I'll use your thought that it ruins immersion. Think of your base as an immersion school. You leave the base your immersion in that area ends. Put a chunk loader you have to pay for is being in a country. Your immersion stops only when your "trip" ends. All of this is based on opinion and vision. Considering this is meant the be hard mode? Free chunkloading does not fall under that definition imho.

We'rr going to have to just disagree on that one. I'm not going to be able to convince myself this is a game play mechanic.

I understand the server requirement for sure that's a very different story. I stopped playing multiplayer a while back.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Did you even noticed meh guys?

Your issues are almost certainly not specific to this pack. Ask your host for help.

My best guess is that you either have the wrong version of forge installed or you downloaded the wrong file. All we can do is speculate with the information you've given us.

E

Ellavionoff

Your issues are almost certainly not specific to this pack. Ask your host for help.

My best guess is that you either have the wrong version of forge installed or you downloaded the wrong file. All we can do is speculate with the information you've given us.
Ok, thanks. I'll check this, and will try to bring logs if I fail again.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, glad I'm not the only one suffering. Spent the last couple hours trying to get something, anything.
I did manage to get something called Olivia Seeds. When I left click trying to get seeds, they often just vanish with no seed bag. :(
Go on page 625 near the bottom of the page. I posted a couple of quick info plus a old wiki page related to IC2 crops. That' where i got all the info to get me started on crops and afterwards, i merely expiremented.

But to quickly answer your question on stickreed, you can crossbreed any crop in order to get stickreed. The result is purely random. Though the higher the level of the crop, the more chance you have at getting higher level crop.

Reactions: EchoingZen

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
We'rr going to have to just disagree on that one. I'm not going to be able to convince myself this is a game play mechanic.

I understand the server requirement for sure that's a very different story. I stopped playing multiplayer a while back.

I agree - for servers it's an issue - but for single player there doesn't seem to be any gameplay logic in having your processing line stop because you went for stroll!

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
So, if the growth of a seed becomes too high, it says it starts acting like a weed. Will it start damaging fully grown plants of the same type? How does ultra high growth plants work?

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
So, if the growth of a seed becomes too high, it says it starts acting like a weed. Will it start damaging fully grown plants of the same type? How does ultra high growth plants work?
The general idea is to not grow your crop stats beyond 20-23 (all.3 of them.)

Also you have to keep in mind that too high crop.stats will require the crop to have fertilizer and hydration to grow at all. So early on, it is better to keep your stat a bit low if your goal is purely to crossbreed (by crossbreeding, i mean either trying to get different crop or propagate your crops.)

As for having high growth rate, i never actually went further than level 8 growth. But if i understood correctly what that guy said, growth level 24 and above will actually turn adjacent crop into weed and dirt block into grass block.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
The general idea is to not grow your crop stats beyond 20-23 (all.3 of them.)

Also you have to keep in mind that too high crop.stats will require the crop to have fertilizer and hydration to grow at all. So early on, it is better to keep your stat a bit low if your goal is purely to crossbreed (by crossbreeding, i mean either trying to get different crop or propagate your crops.)

As for having high growth rate, i never actually went further than level 8 growth. But if i understood correctly what that guy said, growth level 24 and above will actually turn adjacent crop into weed and dirt block into grass block.
Good to know, thanks :)

G

Greyfell309

Depends, do you use childs labor from third world.country? If so, then yes your ores will be processed upon your return.

On the other hand, if you use normal workers, they aill riot on you by the time your back and you won't have a third of anything done.
:p:p:p
))) Nice one. But i use robots and machines everywhere :D

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Is this setup right? I'm getting no production from this Cypruim plant.

EDIT: Finally produced... 47 minutes later.

Attachments

• 2016-08-21_16.08.14.png
    2016-08-21_16.08.14.png
    436.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
When you scan the crop, is it at stage 2/3 with 0 growth progress? You should be able to see that with the crop scanner.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
When you scan the crop, is it at stage 2/3 with 0 growth progress? You should be able to see that with the crop scanner.
Well, it finally produced, but it took forever. I never actually knew you could use the scanner on the plants themselves. Good to know.

I do notice doing this takes a quite a bit more power then just scanning seeds.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Got a couple of questions on the Biomass quest line.

I can't make plantballs in the way the quest book says with wheat in a 'chest' pattern. Was that intentionally removed?
Also, the ic2 electric wrench has been disabled - is there a replacement way to safely mine ic2 machines like the fluid/solid canner?

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Got a couple of questions on the Biomass quest line.

Also, the ic2 electric wrench has been disabled - is there a replacement way to safely mine ic2 machines like the fluid/solid canner?

The gregtech wrench or electric gregtech wrench has replaced it

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
anyone know a good place to research ic2 nuclear reactor designs for this pack or have suggestions? Looking to get a thorium reactor going. Id love it to be in the EV range of EU per tick, but if its not cost effective i can go with something smaller just to get the depleted thorium.