[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh right that is it I think. Though waila said all conduits were full of steam, but guess I have to add another valve.

On a side note, what is the req for brain in a jar? Cannot seem to unlock its research.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
What is a ZPM?

Sent from Discord using Tapatalk 9001
It's a type of battery that only spawns in world as loot of jungle temples, and spawns full of energy. Actually called a Zero Point Module, it's the third highest voltage tier however so you need to hit HV for a freezer before it's even possible to craft the materials to build a battery buffer for it. It provides 2 trillion EU though at 131072EU/t.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
It's a type of battery that only spawns in world as loot of jungle temples, and spawns full of energy. Actually called a Zero Point Module, it's the third highest voltage tier however so you need to hit HV for a freezer before it's even possible to craft the materials to build a battery buffer for it. It provides 2 trillion EU though at 131072EU/t.
2 trillion EU sounds good. But I have no experience with GT whatsoever. Lol

D

Daur

Since the update to 3.2.4.1 (was previously at 3.2.3.1) WAILA no longer displays GregTech Quantum Tank liquid info. Is this something that can be fixed in a config file somewhere?

If not, what are some alternatives to Nuclear Control to display liquid info? Nuclear control advanced displays crash our clients often (we have ATI cards) so we have been avoiding them.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Since the update to 3.2.4.1 (was previously at 3.2.3.1) WAILA no longer displays GregTech Quantum Tank liquid info. Is this something that can be fixed in a config file somewhere?

If not, what are some alternatives to Nuclear Control to display liquid info? Nuclear control advanced displays crash our clients often (we have ATI cards) so we have been avoiding them.
We are trying to solve the liquid information on waila showing 4x the info.

if you are crashing please crash log... otherwise it will never be fixed

Gambo

Jul 29, 2019
Hi folks. I have an oil cracker question. If I am cracking 128 mB of heavy Fuel, how much steam is used if I go for the reduced energy option. How much Hydrogen is used if I go for the extra output option.

I am not seeing this info in NEI (Am I doing something wrong on that?)

I probably should be able to look at the config-files and figure this out for myself. How would I do that?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Last edited:
D

Daur

We are trying to solve the liquid information on waila showing 4x the info.

if you are crashing please crash log... otherwise it will never be fixed

Crash log:
http://pastebin.com/qNGbTPTE

The crash happens about 2-3 seconds after login as the world is being loaded/renderered for the first time.

It is 100% related to Nuclear Control Advanced Information Panel block because it was crashing 3 people's clients and once we removed the block we have no longer had any issues.

We were using it to display a GregTech HV Battery Buffer energy amount, so it had the gt sensor card in it. Also all 3 of us have ATI video cards and crash logs are the same as this one.
The atio6axx.dll that is in the report is an ATI driver. Also, updating to latest drivers/reinstalling java/modpack etc. did not help.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
From what ive seen it consumes steam/hydrogen at a 1:1 ratio with the heavy fuel. So a maximum of 128 mb of steam/hydrogen per second (1s per operation). Baseline it produces 50% more than the heavy fuel so it actually produces 128*1.5= 192 mb of cracked heavy fuel. With hydrogen its an additional 30% more or ~250 mb.

Output wise the hydrogen is superior however steam is easier to set up. The hydrogen you can make by electrolyzing methane and/or water.

If you wanna check the math in more detail you can check out my google docs. It assumes you electrolyze water and uses hydrogen with the oil cracker

Last edited:

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Ahhh crud, noticed now that golem chop requires HV :( Do I have to set up a forsaken forestry farm now? I was looking forward to setting up some goleming but that's so far away :/

edit: Also the alchemy one? Is it even possible to automate alchemy w/o that core, since doing the alchemy stuff manually is perhaps the most tedious thing ever lol, but I understand the change if there is a more early alternative.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Ahhh crud, noticed now that golem chop requires HV :( Do I have to set up a forsaken forestry farm now? I was looking forward to setting up some goleming but that's so far away :/
Technically it's only MV as you just need MV for HV components, also you can technically grow golem cores with infused crops, that'll take a while though, best not to rely on it if you want the farm anytime soon.

Otherwise yes, you do need a forestry farm.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't you like the forestry farm? Its an awesome thing, imho.

I just loathe the carpenter I guess, at least before it was like 3 mins per each block craft and even though it can be automated that crafting just demotivated me. The power I don't mind, it's just the fertilizer. I can live without golem farm, they are honestly pretty OP to say the least, but at least let me have something to automate the alembics ;_; don't wanna go so far as to cheat in the alchemy cores hehe

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
1. It needs power.
2. It needs fertilizer.

RealKC, did you follow me to this thread? Why are you lurking it :p :p

Seriously though, the point of this pack is removing the easy exploits. Chop golems are one of the most powerful things in modded minecraft. You can run a nuclear-level economy on nothing but chop golems and steam boilers, its kinda silly.

At least with Forestry you're forced to pay fuel costs in order to get energy out.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
RealKC, did you follow me to this thread? Why are you lurking it:p
I didn't follow you. I can't remember why I lurk this thread though.lol

Seriously though, the point of this pack is removing the easy exploits.
And I understand that.
Chop golems are one of the most powerful things in modded minecraft.
And that's why I love 'em.
You can run a nuclear-level economy on nothing but chop golems and steam boilers, its kinda silly.
Agreed.
At least with Forestry you're forced to pay fuel costs in order to get energy out.
I still dislike the forestry farm.

Reactions: Pyure

nouille_07

Jul 29, 2019
guys, talking about farming, how do you setup your ic2 farms with crop-matron and crop harvester? I don't really know how the machines works, I made a crop matron and I put a gregtech lv battery inside, it keeps burning the energy inside the battery even if it's topped of. also how do you power them when they are far away from your power gen? I'm a bit lost for this part, anyone got screenshots of their setups for inspiration? :)

also I'm starting to have a lot of machines on my power line, is it ok to have a "double cable" like 5blocks long 2blocks high 1block high and have a "wall" of machines? i will have some troubles if I keep going further from the battery.

I'm not bad at planning in modded minecraft but the eu loss / block is a bit tricky to deal with. I would really love seeing little base tour of you all, I love base tour :D ( Pyure loves seeing other people position in the tech tree too :p )

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
RealKC, did you follow me to this thread? Why are you lurking it :p :p

Seriously though, the point of this pack is removing the easy exploits. Chop golems are one of the most powerful things in modded minecraft. You can run a nuclear-level economy on nothing but chop golems and steam boilers, its kinda silly.

Yeah, the farm itself doesn't hurt I guess, just dislike the crafting process. However, my main beef is with the alchemy core, since other than the non-viable pipes I don't really know an alternative, and running around right-clicking with an alembic isn't really an option imo.