[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Thx! WIll look it up :) No ore doubling before Macerator then I guess :)
Thaumcraft clusters, while they can only double relatively pure ores they're a bit more flexible in their definition of pure and compatible with every GT metal ore that a pure ore exists for. It can also be combined with the macerator when you get it for ore tripling.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone confirm that vanilla jungle biomes do generate in this modpack? I flew like 15km without finding one, and they are the only way to get a ZPM...

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
They only spawn in vanilla jungle temples. What do you have against ZPMs? I dont want it for power (we are close to fusion MK2) but for the museum im planning...

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Thats my point, asides to brick void being rude and not thoroughly reading my comment before opening his mouth, as usual... (am i the only person who notices that?)

Now you've gone and done it, you've made me actually start paying attention to this thread again! :D The point I'm trying to make is that GregTech will most likely function on the first item in your inventory that an inventory scanning function written into code for the soldering iron comes across and will just not care about wasting an entire ingot over a fine piece of wire. If you don't get that, go back under whatever it was you were under previously. It's not safe out here. :D

Jason probably could configure it not to accept certain forms of items, if he really wanted to. But that would take a bit of research and effort on the part of him and others who tinker with the minetweaker scripts and related item usage functions they're using from GregTech. It's therefore probably quite difficult for them to understand why you have a frustration with the wrong item being used when it might be something Greg himself programmed for whatever reason.

So, if you really want your soldering iron to only use certain items then you probably should consider looking into the associated functions in the code and making a submission to them to have parts of it changed. Jason would certainly appreciate your contribution, and you'd learn just how complicated it is to debug something like wrong or incorrect item usage. ;-)

Have a nice day ... night ... whatever! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
hey, just started a new world after a long break from minecraft. How do you guys manage to get a good water supply for steam machines? In the past I have always build a water tank. The problem is that I am playing with large bioms and a swamp biom from slime balls seem to be insane rare.

how many forestry rain tanks and water sorage do I need to sustain water during none rainy days?

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Now you've gone and done it, you've made me actually start paying attention to this thread again! :D The point I'm trying to make is that GregTech will most likely function on the first item in your inventory that an inventory scanning function written into code for the soldering iron comes across and will just not care about wasting an entire ingot over a fine piece of wire. If you don't get that, go back under whatever it was you were under previously. It's not safe out here. :D

Jason probably could configure it not to accept certain forms of items, if he really wanted to. But that would take a bit of research and effort on the part of him and others who tinker with the minetweaker scripts and related item usage functions they're using from GregTech. It's therefore probably quite difficult for them to understand why you have a frustration with the wrong item being used when it might be something Greg himself programmed for whatever reason.

So, if you really want your soldering iron to only use certain items then you probably should consider looking into the associated functions in the code and making a submission to them to have parts of it changed. Jason would certainly appreciate your contribution, and you'd learn just how complicated it is to debug something like wrong or incorrect item usage. ;-)

Have a nice day ... night ... whatever! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
I dunno... I kind of like the fact that if you are playing stupid/lazy you pay more since you either didn't bother testing using fine wire or didn't empty ingots while using the soldering tool.
I seem to recall that the soldering bench(logistics pipes I think) uses an entire ingot for one operation if I'm not mistaken.

And as another reason it shouldn't be changed: Overhead...
By that I mean, don't use code that's more process intensive to do a process that's generally simple. Checking the entire inventory before using the proper item is something the players should do, not the background program ;)
^ my personal opinion... not a derogatory implication meant for anyone... honest.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the soldering iron isn't just something that could be changed from MineTweaker, we'd need to actually change the code of the mod to be able to change how it prioritises different items.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

hey, just started a new world after a long break from minecraft. How do you guys manage to get a good water supply for steam machines? In the past I have always build a water tank. The problem is that I am playing with large bioms and a swamp biom from slime balls seem to be insane rare.

how many forestry rain tanks and water sorage do I need to sustain water during none rainy days?
I could use one railcraft water tank(not built in a river biome) to almost sustain seven GT high pressure boilers and three GT solar boilers... it's internal tank was slowly going down... I generally don't bother with the forestry tanks myself.
I also play on large biomes, makes for prettier landscape and forces a bit more wandering imo, which I like to do :)

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

To get the slime balls, just place a Pam's Harvestcraft Fish Trap in water and place bait in it. You get a Jellyfish caught in it occasionally which when placed in a crafting grid gives you a slime ball. The other way is to figure out where a nearby slime chunk naturally spawns and go down below y 40 and build yourself a slime farm. Personally, I see slimes occasionally whenever I go caving, and that means there's a naturally occurring slime chunk nearby. So it's likely that if you do enough digging under the ground, that you will find where plenty of slimes spawn and will be able to find enough slimeballs to build the RC tank.

If that fails I think an option might be to get into the steam era machines and build yourself a reservoir from EnderIO it needs Nether Quartz, which a quick trip to the Nether should be able to solve rather easily. :D

Hope that helps.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Last edited:
Reactions: nonamefhh

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
To get the slime balls, just place a Pam's Harvestcraft Fish Trap in water and place bait in it. You get a squid caught in it occasionally which when placed in a crafting grid gives you a slime ball. The other way is to figure out where a nearby slime chunk naturally spawns and go down below y 40 and build yourself a slime farm. Personally, I see slimes occasionally whenever I go caving, and that means there's a naturally occurring slime chunk nearby. So it's likely that if you do enough digging under the ground, that you will find where plenty of slimes spawn and will be able to find enough slimeballs to build the RC tank.

If that fails I think an option might be to get into the steam era machines and build yourself a reservoir from EnderIO it needs Nether Quartz, which a quick trip to the Nether should be able to solve rather easily. :D

Hope that helps.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Actually, slimes are acquired from JELLYFISH, not squids. But yes you can get them from normal fishing or passively from Pam's Fish Trap. You only need a few to get started with an RC Water Tank, and/or use one to make a Slime-a-lyzer which will help you find a slime chunk. Hopefully your nearest slime chunk is close enough to your base to always be loaded when you are home. Dig down to level 39 and clear a 3-high space. You will be swimming in slime in no time. Good for easy XP too. Just make sure to empty it on occasion, or deactivate it when no longer needed by slabbing the floor or covering it with water.

Reactions: nonamefhh
K

Kiama

So, update on iron and wrought iron ingots/nuggets merging in JABBA barrels for me.

I am now on 3.2.4.1 and it is still happening. However I have realized it doesn't happen on single player, only on my server.

Can anyone confirm that it doesn't happen on a 3.2.4.1 server so I can know for certain that I have made some kind of mistake there?

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
To produce a lot of ordo wouldnt infernal furnace -> auto chisel be viable? For chiseled bricks that is. Free infinite ordo although not the fastest until you get a blast furnace.

Also, can the normal fluidconduits not input quickly? They are always filled but cannot maintain a steam turbine.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
I've beeing using wax for ordo. In previous version.

Was pretty fast (I've decomissioned my candleberry farm after a little while)

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
I always want to start bees but always fail miserably. Either I am too early-game and exhaust myself due to no automation or overstock on bees if Im late game. Never get beyond common bees :(

S

Sven "flamestrider"

-
To produce a lot of ordo wouldnt infernal furnace -> auto chisel be viable? For chiseled bricks that is. Free infinite ordo although not the fastest until you get a blast furnace.

Also, can the normal fluidconduits not input quickly? They are always filled but cannot maintain a steam turbine.

If you, by normal, mean the EnderIO conduits... then it depends on your setup:
For instance if you have a tier 1 fluid conduit hooked up to a tank, extracting with one connection, you'd only have a throughput of the conduit of 50(mb/L) per tick, and the LV Steam Turbine uses 80L/tick... in that case you just need to have an additional input from the tank into the conduit.
Could you post a picture so that we can help you better if this wasn't enough?