[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

S

Sven "flamestrider"

*smiles*
*imagines having a cubic meter of lead*
Wouldn't for example lead weigh a bit more than 11ton per block of metal?
... somehow I'm glad we don't need forklifts in minecraft ;)

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
*smiles*
*imagines having a cubic meter of lead*
Wouldn't for example lead weigh a bit more than 11ton per block of metal?
... somehow I'm glad we don't need forklifts in minecraft ;)
I've done the maths on how strong you can work out Steve as before, pretty sure you can pass a quintillion tons being moved around in vanilla survival (on a theoretical computer and java version capable of running with exabytes of memory), 11 tons really isn't that much in comparison.

For reference the number comes from minecarts, due to quirks of minecraft physics you can effectively push an arbitrarily long chain of minecarts, you can fit a lot of minecarts in a world 60 million blocks wide. Adding chests and storing items inside them to exploit extra dimensional storage just increases the number.

Reactions: Sven "flamestrider"

Gambo

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks, I need some help. I have built a pyrolyse oven hoping to produce heavy oil. It is built with 1 HV energy hatch, one LV input bus, one ULV input bus, one LV output hatch, one ULV output bus, one duct-taped maintenance hatch and the muffler thingy. I have run a x2 steel cable run from a full HV battery Buffer out to the energy hatch.

I have put in 16 birch logs and an integrated circuit configuration = 3, hit it with the soft hammer and nothing happens. The controller block says its well-formed and I sure think that the recipe is right. Any ideas?

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Where did you place the circuit? It should be placed in the controller, there is an invisible field for it in the upper right corner.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Need a bit of advice with crops too, but I'm just starting out and have never tried them before.

So far, I've laid out some crops (trying wheat, reeds, carrots, pumpkins and potatoes) in 3x3 patterns like ...

CXC
XWX
CXC

C crop, X cross-sticks, W water

I got some melons and dandelions using this method so I'm on the right track, but I'm not sure how to approach getting the metal flowers like Coppon. Should I just go for it and put copper blocks under every single cross-stick in order to get any chance of a cross-breed. Or should I wait and see what pops up.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
So far, I've laid out some crops (trying wheat, reeds, carrots, pumpkins and potatoes) in 3x3 patterns like ...
if I understand that correctly, every crop has an abstract 'level'. Wheat & stuff are low-level, and coppon is high-level. For mutating up to metal plants, you want your originating plants level maximized; and Netherwart has maximum level out of vanilla plants. So you want to cross-breed two neterwarts with eacother.

Reactions: Pyure

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
if I understand that correctly, every crop has an abstract 'level'. Wheat & stuff are low-level, and coppon is high-level. For mutating up to metal plants, you want your originating plants level maximized; and Netherwart has maximum level out of vanilla plants. So you want to cross-breed two neterwarts with eacother.

What is confusing me is that you get a cropnalyzer as a reward for handing in copper, tin and lead harvests but surely you're going to need one to get plants to higher stats otherwise you're just running blind. Also, this quest is in the bronze age section so I assumed you could get the lower level metal flowers without one.

nouille_07

Jul 29, 2019
Need a bit of advice with crops too, but I'm just starting out and have never tried them before.

CXC
XWX
CXC

C crop, X cross-sticks, W water

I got some melons and dandelions using this method so I'm on the right track, but I'm not sure how to approach getting the metal flowers like Coppon. Should I just go for it and put copper blocks under every single cross-stick in order to get any chance of a cross-breed. Or should I wait and see what pops up.
the best way to start getting high level crops is to start with the highest level crops you have, the highest vanilla crops is the nether wart, it's a little long to grow at first but it's very easy to spot if you have a mutation or if it is nethewart.

edit; i'm a bit slow this morning x)

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
the best way to start getting high level crops is to start with the highest level crops you have, the highest vanilla crops is the nether wart, it's a little long to grow at first but it's very easy to spot if you have a mutation or if it is nethewart.

edit; i'm a bit slow this morning x)

No worries, nice to have confirmation. But this means I do need to wait until I've got some power to charge the cropnalyzer. Cool, that's not that far away!

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Btw you can check NEI for possible crossbreeding outputs

Thanks Jason, but that's confusing me too. NEI only shows one option for nether wart ... it can be used with aurelia to get plumbiscus. That sounds wrong.

EDIT: What does the Points value refer to (on the top left of the IC2 Crop Breeding screen on NEI)?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Jason, but that's confusing me too. NEI only shows one option for nether wart ... it can be used with aurelia to get plumbiscus. That sounds wrong.

EDIT: What does the Points value refer to (on the top left of the IC2 Crop Breeding screen on NEI)?
The Nei Plugin will you simply show you only the Highest Point chance, without a Copy bonus included. That does not mean you have already that what you need for it. Sometimes it requires a lot of higher tier stuff to get a better lower tier crop. It is simply only an assist.

When you then simply search for a Crop and look how to get it, it will show you something like: you have a 30 points chance with pumpkin and Wheat.

So what does points mean: Simple its your chance. But it is not clear defined as chance. The higher the Points the Higher chance you have to get the crop. Note: Crops that are used in the Breeding get automaticly 500 Points by default. Simply to get easier a copy out of it.

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=11634
http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/236609-ic2-nei-crop-plugin

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
The Nei Plugin will you simply show you only the Highest Point chance, without a Copy bonus included. That does not mean you have already that what you need for it. Sometimes it requires a lot of higher tier stuff to get a better lower tier crop. It is simply only an assist.

When you then simply search for a Crop and look how to get it, it will show you something like: you have a 30 points chance with pumpkin and Wheat.

So what does points mean: Simple its your chance. But it is not clear defined as chance. The higher the Points the Higher chance you have to get the crop. Note: Crops that are used in the Breeding get automaticly 500 Points by default. Simply to get easier a copy out of it.

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=11634
http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/236609-ic2-nei-crop-plugin

Thanks - starting to make sense now.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I discovered something very interesting about fixing machines today;
Do not use a soldering iron with ingots in your inventory (even if you also have fine wire), it will use an ENTIRE solder alloy ingot to repair the machine - its been a while since i did anything with solder, but last i checked, you didnt use whacking great big bars of metal to solder circuit boards.
Also, if it hasnt been added already; i do believe we should have a maintenance quest tacked onto the LBB/EBF quest in the book, teach the newer folks how to repair their machines so they dont find out the hard way just how crappy some of them operate without full repairs, because even with enchridion, tell me how many of you realistically read an instruction manual?
Not a bad idea Tyriael.
You do need to have some sort of soldering material though do you not? I often use a rod since I can get 2 for one ingot in a single process.

if I understand that correctly, every crop has an abstract 'level'. Wheat & stuff are low-level, and coppon is high-level. For mutating up to metal plants, you want your originating plants level maximized; and Netherwart has maximum level out of vanilla plants. So you want to cross-breed two neterwarts with each other.
Bingo. The levels of the crops seem to be the best contributor to the types of mutations you'll get. All my crops are currently derived from an initial bunch of netherwarts.

It takes forever though, be warned. There aren't any ways I know of to speed up production other than breeding up the Speed attribute in your crops.

What is confusing me is that you get a cropnalyzer as a reward for handing in copper, tin and lead harvests but surely you're going to need one to get plants to higher stats otherwise you're just running blind. Also, this quest is in the bronze age section so I assumed you could get the lower level metal flowers without one.
Yeah that's a bit odd. Its also ridiculously hard to get those crops in the first place without a cropnalyzer. And its furthermore a bit annoying to charge that cropnalyzer in the LV age.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Not a bad idea Tyriael.
You do need to have some sort of soldering material though do you not? I often use a rod since I can get 2 for one ingot in a single process.

Bingo. The levels of the crops seem to be the best contributor to the types of mutations you'll get. All my crops are currently derived from an initial bunch of netherwarts.

It takes forever though, be warned. There aren't any ways I know of to speed up production other than breeding up the Speed attribute in your crops.

Yeah that's a bit odd. Its also ridiculously hard to get those crops in the first place without a cropnalyzer. And its furthermore a bit annoying to charge that cropnalyzer in the LV age.

Thanks everyone, I know a lot more now than I did a couple of hours ago. But, even though I haven't got the cropnalyzer yet, I thought I'd start messing about with nether wart. Something new showed up, looked a bit like Ferru but it seems like I got Aurelia! Talk about beginner's luck.

I'm nervous about punching it now, though, just in case it doesn't give back any seed bags!

aurelia.png

Reactions: Pyure

Bob558

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks everyone, I know a lot more now than I did a couple of hours ago. But, even though I haven't got the cropnalyzer yet, I thought I'd start messing about with nether wart. Something new showed up, looked a bit like Ferru but it seems like I got Aurelia! Talk about beginner's luck.

I'm nervous about punching it now, though, just in case it doesn't give back any seed bags!

View attachment 27006

What are you doing for a long time. Is necessary to make this one thing ID 5709:32762
It can help you understand how plant grew.

Look at the lower left corner of the photo - there is information about plant.

---------
sorry for my English

Attachments

• 2016-04-22_16.14.59.png
    2016-04-22_16.14.59.png
    1 MB · Views: 49
  • 2016-04-22_16.15.30.png
    2016-04-22_16.15.30.png
    458.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited: