[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

T

Terra1125

Question I'm not sure if this has been Asked or not, but if we have fastcraft can we add it in just to help thing at all?

T

Terra1125

Sorry, I had a copy of this mod pack that didn't have Fast Craft in it... So I came to the Forum to see if adding it was a good Idea

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
I just accidently crashed my world by connecting the output to the input from a bluepower comparator while another input was connected to my rc tank xD.
Good thing we have aroma backup :)

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
Questions!

Why can't we redstone GT machines on and off? Also, why are there no EU switches? Being able to switch battery buffers from transmit to block EU mode would be absurdly useful.

What are the late-game options for wireless power/items/teleporting? EIO teleporters don't do distance. IC2? What about power? The magic mirror for items is lame and too un-techy for me.

I'm almost ready to go to the moon. What should I bring with me?

What should I do with all this plutonium? I'm going through MOX cells like they're candy and what I really need is more uranium. What do I do with this plutonium vein I just found? Havn't touched it yet, been getting plutonium from mox. Love 660eu/t MOX reactors!

I'm currently building more 32eu mass fabs and am trying to get enough osmium for some 128 or 512 ones. Any tips? Those nether stars though.....

Welp....that's all the talking points I can muster up. Feel free to link stuff that's already been discussed. It's a big thread!

=)

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Why can't we redstone GT machines on and off? Also, why are there no EU switches? Being able to switch battery buffers from transmit to block EU mode would be absurdly useful.
You need an Machine controller Cover. That in combination with an shutter cover on the same cable block can work as an energy switch.

What are the late-game options for wireless power/items/teleporting? EIO teleporters don't do distance. IC2? What about power? The magic mirror for items is lame and too un-techy for me.
IC2 and GT both add teleporters. These use more energy the more distance they teleport. For interdimensional, the GT teleporter needs the dragonegg or in GT5.09 nitrogenplasma from fusion. You can then also directly pipe items into the GT teleporter for inventory to inventory teleport. Also new in GT5.09 is the microwave energy transmitter for wireless EU transfer.

What should I do with all this plutonium? I'm going through MOX cells like they're candy and what I really need is more uranium. What do I do with this plutonium vein I just found? Havn't touched it yet, been getting plutonium from mox. Love 660eu/t MOX reactors!
Too much plutonium? Build RTGs. In GT5.08 is the plutionium gen far too much IMO, so i lowered the worldgen of it quite a lot. But also the EU/t from reactors get's rised quite a lot.

I'm currently building more 32eu mass fabs and am trying to get enough osmium for some 128 or 512 ones. Any tips? Those nether stars though.....
In GT5.08, building bigger than LV Mass fabs is a waste of energy (the same 4xEU/t for 1/2 processtime as any other machine). In GT5.09 they all need the same EU per UUM, so bigger tiers are more space efficient.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
What are the late-game options for wireless power/items/teleporting? EIO teleporters don't do distance.
Dimensional Transceiver. AE2's quantum thingy is another option. You can also play pretty much the entire game without it, I have. :p

I'm almost ready to go to the moon. What should I bring with me?
Stack of wheat seeds, bucket of water, 2 stacks of dirt, a hoe of some type. Oxygen collector(2), the block that refills tanks with oxygen whose name I can't remember(1), oxygen piping, oxygen tanks at least 2 but I'd go with 4. Drum of gasoline and a fuel loader. You can go with a bubble distributor or a sealer. I switched to a sealer and build a room that i get into with the EIO teleporter blocks. The bubbler was buggy, stopped working every time the chunk unloaded/reloaded so that I had to break and replace every time I came back from exploring. For power I used an Ender IO capacitor bank for my first trips. RTGs are also a good option.

RTGs. Not a bad option for your starter Moon power source, kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

If you do a lot of Mars mining you can get osmium from the small iridium?platinum? ores, can't remember which. I eventually found a platinum vein in the overworld but they seem fairly rare.

Nether Stars aren't that hard in this pack. If you've done some exploring you've probably found some large volcanoes. There is a secret treasure room inside them at the bottom of the magma pipe. In that room are some usually trapped blocks of nice stuff. More importantly---in this instance---the magma pipe is surrounded by glass block that just happens to be Wither-proof. The perfect material for building your Wither cage. One volcano can probably get you enough blocks to build your cage, particularly if you do it down at bedrock so it can be the bottom. Remove the magma first just so you don't get an unlucky bounce and lose some glass. For the skulls you can build a farm in the nether fairly early or wait awhile and use bees to generate your skulls which is what I did since I was working up bees anyway.

Last edited:

Techlone

Jul 29, 2019
What is up with my vanilla chests? Wrong textures? How can I fix it?
OQY4ocQ.png

Techlone

Jul 29, 2019
Its christmas! Enjoy your presents :)
Oh, hah. Very nice. And I was very nervous :D Foolishly from my side... I never played MC during Christmas.
Also Happy New Year everybody! Wish you a lot of osmium and uu matter, ho ho ho.

Last edited:
W

will_57

Could anyone explain how the asteroid dimension works? The first time I went there, I found and waypointed several naquadah and plutonium veins. When I returned to mine them with an ender quarry, all of the veins were gone or partially missing at their former locations. It appeared as if the chunks containing the veins had been emptied entirely. I don't see this behavior mentioned anywhere, but now I'm afraid to set up anything permanent in this dimension.

Another question: why does this line exist in the naquadah ore gen config?
Code:
I:OreSporaticlyAround_326=0
It means that about 20% of the ore in the naquadah vein that I was able to mine consists of useless gt.blockores.4000.name instead of enriched naquadah ore.

Impiryo

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any efficient way to place/power lots of mass fabricators/replicators? LV is of course much more efficient, but each LV transformer can realistically only power 3, and it becomes a space issue very quickly. Of course it will be much nicer in the next version, when the efficiency is the same for different voltage tiers. Of course - will that affect replicators, or only fabricators (since replicators use about half as much as the fabricator)?

W

will_57

Is there any efficient way to place/power lots of mass fabricators/replicators?
This is my setup:
Replicators1.png Replicators2.png
You can power an HV recycler, LV amplifabricator, LV mass fabricator, and LV replicator off of a single LV transformer. Here I have an array of 16 such units. This will keep the mass fabricator and amplifabricator running continuously, which produces enough UU to run the replicator about 64% of the time.

In the back you can also see our periodic table of element scans. Now we just need 30 days to scan neutronium!