[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
With Forestry 4.2 there is need of Gendustry and BDlib to update as well...

I can put together an update today with GT5.08.33, FT 4.2 and Gendustry. But will probably not have time to test that update properly.... As mentioned before... our focus is on pack 3.2... which is going really nice for the past week (huge thanks to @Blood Asp and @Pyure of course, without them the 3.2 wouldn't be even considered - or might be, but not as big update as it is going to be)... But it will most likely not come out this year.... so expect January.
No worries. It's easy for people who are just playing to forget how many mod dependencies there are.

Mister Maximus

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem with breaking (and getting back) my 16x tin wire I accidentally placed on the ground. It says a wrench is good (waila says it is, and it's trustworthy), noting that it is currently harvestable, while holding a steel (level 2) wrench. But it never even starts breaking the block, kind of like using a gregtech axe to break dirt, it never breaks it. Do I really need to waste 6 more diamonds for a wrench to break it (level 3), or is it a bug? Thanks in advance!

2015-12-22_09.53.45.png

I hope the spoiler worked.

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem with breaking (and getting back) my 16x tin wire I accidentally placed on the ground. It says a wrench is good (waila says it is, and it's trustworthy), noting that it is currently harvestable, while holding a steel (level 2) wrench. But it never even starts breaking the block, kind of like using a gregtech axe to break dirt, it never breaks it. Do I really need to waste 6 more diamonds for a wrench to break it (level 3), or is it a bug? Thanks in advance!

You have to use wire cutter to harvest GT cables.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019

The WAILA Harvestability add-on isn't actually as reliable as you might hope, not when dealing with GT stuff. For example the Thaumcraft excavation focus works for harvesting many different blocks, such as bee hives, GT machines, and GT wires, but WAILA doesn't show it. However don't ever use the excavation focus on eIO cables or facades, as they just get immediately destroyed.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to get from RF to GTEU?
gt cables connect to conduits but dont transfer any power

They connect for the conversion of GT EU to RF, not vice versa.

If you want to convert RF to GT EU I think you need to use Pneumaticraft as your bridge. RF->Pressure>IC2 EU>GT EU, I think.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
They connect for the conversion of GT EU to RF, not vice versa.

If you want to convert RF to GT EU I think you need to use Pneumaticraft as your bridge. RF->Pressure>IC2 EU>GT EU, I think.
Yep. Its not an easy setup, its extremely expensive in resources, and takes a lot of space to convert, say, 15k RF/t

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Yep. Its not an easy setup, its extremely expensive in resources, and takes a lot of space to convert, say, 15k RF/t

Which is exactly how it should be. Definitely not a fan of converting power produced in an easy mod into power for a relatively difficult mod. As soon as Reika added a bunch of cross-mod engines to Rotarycraft most people stopped using Rotarycraft's powergen---which IMHO was one of the most interesting aspects of the mod---and just cherry-picked the ore processing from the mod.

Reactions: Timeslice

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
Then simply - Big reactors Turbine makes no sence, as it produces alot of RF, which seems to be almost completely useless.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Then simply - Big reactors Turbine makes no sence, as it produces alot of RF, which seems to be almost completely useless.
You can use it to power gendustry machines :)! Also cant you produce ic2 eu with it?
Edit nvm seems you cant. Somehow i tough we could :S

JoeVengence

Jul 29, 2019
You can use it to power gendustry machines :)! Also cant you produce ic2 eu with it?

I use it to run my AE2 and ender IO systems exclusively and it can run dimensional transceivers also I believe.(which can then transport energy to your ender quarry)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019

AE2, Ender I/O, Forestry, Gendustry, etc. If it appears useless then you're not using mods that use RF as a power source.

I've got one machine taking every bit of RF a BR turbine can produce. :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
? Why do you say that? If you have a turbine that produces 15000 rf/t and you manage to convert it...with lots of difficulty...to 3750 eu/t, that makes no sense?

That's what I did. It was awesome and I loved it. It made tons of sense for me.

Also cant you produce ic2 eu with it?
Sort of. You can use a tiny BR reactor to produce steam for, say, a series of Railcraft Turbines. The problem is providing it water: big reactors consume MASSIVE amounts of water. In a BR closed loop (where the used-up-steam from the turbine gets recycled back as water) you don't have problems, but you can't make a closed loop with Railcraft or GT because they use a completely different water:steam ratio.

I'm just going by memory here but I think a small reactor with around 5 rods consumed at least 16 reservoirs worth of water while running at low-moderate percentage.

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
? Why do you say that? If you have a turbine that produces 15000 rf/t and you manage to convert it...with lots of difficulty...to 3750 eu/t, that makes no sense?
Exactly. And how do you get such a rate? last time I heard, the rate would be somewhere 15000 rf for 500 eut from PC conversion.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Exactly. And how do you get such a rate? last time I heard, the rate would be somewhere 15000 rf for 500 eut from PC conversion.
Nominal conversion rate is 4RF:1EU via PneumaticCraft.

Its extremely hard to get this rate. PneumaticCraft has a "heat" mechanic that causes machines to become increasingly inefficient when you add "Speed" upgrades, and the number of Speed upgrades in the conversion machines determines how much power they can convert.

To offset the heat, you need to add various cooling apparatus to your conversion arrays. Which means a lot of heat sinks and such, which in turn consume tons of iron and take up a lot of space.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
http://imgur.com/Asoi2W0

This is an ancient screenshot, I can't find my more recent ones. I forget how much power I'm converting with these three conversion/cooling arrays. Probably around 8000 RF/t if I had to hazard a guess.

edit: its around 7k RF/t, and I'm converting it at 75% of the nominal rate due to overheating I can't mitigate.