[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

UrNotFunny

Jul 29, 2019
In Jason McRay's Lets play videos I've seen some kind of backpack or something, which contained all kinds of stuff (so I assume it wasn't one from forestry). Not sure even which season it was tbh. Can't find it.
What are portable storage solutions for instruments & GT Ores?

Probably Canvas Bags, Really simple to make and AFAIK the only real early/mid game inventory expansion option, you can also dye them different colors to help keep them organized. (Golden Bag of Holding takes QED)

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
Probably Canvas Bags, Really simple to make and AFAIK the only real early/mid game inventory expansion option, you can also dye them different colors to help keep them organized. (Golden Bag of Holding takes QED)

QED isn't that expensive. You just need a Chemical bath, 4 Diamonds, obisidian, some ender pearls and a fluid extractor.
should be accessable with LV.

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
QED isn't that expensive. You just need a Chemical bath, 4 Diamonds, obisidian, some ender pearls and a fluid extractor.

Only someone playing a GT pack would refer to that as 'not' expensive! :D

EDIT: I mean, compared to some string and sticks.

Reactions: nonamefhh

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting to the point where I am going to extend my AE2 ME network out to my entire base using P2P tunnels. One thing I was wondering, for places where i only need 32 channels is there any pro/con of using the enderIO ME conduits instead of covered fluix cable? I thought about using the enderio ME conduit because then I can still run an enderio Item conduit and liquid conduit along with it.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Hm something I misunderstand.. probably. I have a huge Barite vein right near my home.
I've looked up in NEI and found almost no use for barite. Same for Stibnite/Antimony. Am I missing something? When I'll progress further, will I understand why do I need em? :)

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Hm something I misunderstand.. probably. I have a huge Barite vein right near my home.
I've looked up in NEI and found almost no use for barite. Same for Stibnite/Antimony. Am I missing something? When I'll progress further, will I understand why do I need em? :)
Barite/Barium is only used in one LuV cable. Otherwise it is pretty worthless. Antimony is used for Soldering Alloy and using that saves you a lot of tin for circuits.

Reactions: Dlur100

UrNotFunny

Jul 29, 2019

Well Barite is actually in a Quartz vein, needed for AE2.

Antimony is needed for Battery Alloy and Soldering Alloy.

I've been learning Gregtech for the first time while playing through. Usually I find out what things are needed for as I progress. I just look through the various recipes needed to make the current machine I'm working on and see what you can make the parts from. Usually I just survey for veins and mark them when I find them, when I find out I need a new material or more of a material then I go do some mining in the veins.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, right. In IT2 barite got AE2 recipes, so it will get used up lategame. Antimony is usually quite rare so certainly not to be wasted.

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019

I also don't know what barite is good for, but antimony is needed for batteries and stibnite can be smelted into antimony :D

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Antimony doesn't seem rare at all, tetrahedrite veins aren't uncommon in extreme hills and similar biomes. I always have more battery alloy than I have lithium to stuff into it. :)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Infinity Team is looking for someone who knows good amount of stuff about Thaumcraft, Automagy and Thaumic Energistics (priority in that order) to help us finish some parts of v3.2 update.

Required skills: English (preferably native English speaker) and good knowledge of said mods. Also some discussion we are having (especially the v3.2 update) is kinda under NDA. So you will be forbidden to talk about some stuff outside, it will ruin the excitement for others.

No programming/modpack making knowledge is required. All we currently need is someone who is able to "teach" how to Thaumcraft. You need to be able to provide steps in Thaumcraft progression.

Interested or have questions? Send me PM.

And no, I am not going to just accept anyone like the last time.... Infinity Team pretty much consists of 10ppl but only 3 (@Pyure, @Blood Asp, me) and half (@Timeslice) are active.
So if you want to join the team.... show up your best.

Oh and also... I would appreciate if you will not dissapear after few days, like some of the members :)

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Antimony doesn't seem rare at all, tetrahedrite veins aren't uncommon in extreme hills and similar biomes. I always have more battery alloy than I have lithium to stuff into it. :)
If you have enough battery alloy, then you aren't trying to do infusion recipes requiring electrum aspect :)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
If you have enough battery alloy, then you aren't trying to do infusion recipes requiring electrum aspect :)

Of course not, magic is for fruity elves. Roleplaying a dwarf I don't want magic anywhere except on tools, armor, and the occasional golem.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

In my world , Tetrahedrite is rare in the Overworld, we did find 2 veins over a large area (both in Extreme Hills), but oh my gosh, when you finally get flight just go up high in the Nether and the veins are too numerous to count up there! Don't even need flight of course if you can make a stairway to the ceiling region.

But Antimony (which is actually found as Stibnite Ore) and Tetrahedrite can be very rare in an Overworld spawn that doesn't have high-elevation biomes. I've spawned in such worlds before and paid the price (in frustration). It can be very rare, similar to Tin, which is why they lowered the Tin elevation range a long time ago, the minimum elevation was too high and there could be large regions without any veins. Same with Tetrahedrite. Veteran GT'ers know it is important to have numerous high-elevation biomes near any "good" spawn or base area, but rookies might not know this and struggle due to random bad luck of a "poor" spawn.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Of course not, magic is for fruity elves. Roleplaying a dwarf I don't want magic anywhere except on tools, armor, and the occasional golem.

Glad I wasn't drinking my morning coffee when I read this one (it's evening), cause I would have spit it all over the screen. Classic. :)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Incorrect - unless I made a mistake, it's not possible in LV. The reason is that the only way I think you can get liquid Enderium for use in Chemical Bath-ing the obsidian blocks is to melt down Enderium Ingots, and that takes an MV Fluid Extractor because the recipe is >32 EU/t. You can't just melt ender pearls down, you have to melt Enderium Ingots which of course requires the whole EBF/Vacuum Freezer thing too which is all MV. I didn't get my QED until just recently because of this requirement, altho it is a definite possibility that I missed something and did things the hard way... but I think I'm correct or I wouldn't post it.

QED is a great thing tho, indeed... Bag of Holding, for one... and just this very second I made my very first Magnum Torch in it. Yay! :)

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
Incorrect - unless I made a mistake, it's not possible in LV. The reason is that the only way I think you can get liquid Enderium for use in Chemical Bath-ing the obsidian blocks is to melt down Enderium Ingots, and that takes an MV Fluid Extractor because the recipe is >32 EU/t. You can't just melt ender pearls down, you have to melt Enderium Ingots which of course requires the whole EBF/Vacuum Freezer thing too which is all MV. I didn't get my QED until just recently because of this requirement, altho it is a definite possibility that I missed something and did things the hard way... but I think I'm correct or I wouldn't post it.

QED is a great thing tho, indeed... Bag of Holding, for one... and just this very second I made my very first Magnum Torch in it. Yay! :)

could be that I am wrong