[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

k9officer09

Jul 29, 2019
Server is saying that the Mojang servers are down and I cant sign on. Is there an issue?

Prospercraft Server Network has just opened a new hardmode infitech 2 {77 slot} server available to play for the public.

How to get on!

- Download the Feed the beast launcher at http://www.feed-the-beast.com/

- Once downloaded go to the Third party packs tab and click the Pack code button.

- Enter "17infitech" in the box.

- Download the pack and click launch!

IP: infitech.prospercraft.com

What to expect:

- Family friendly

- Hardcore Economy (Shops when ready)

- Towny protections

- Helpful Staff

- Little to absolutely no lag!

We also have an active teamspeak feel free to log on and chat with your friends the info is located on the left hand side of our website:

http://www.prospercraft.com/

The server is located Salt Lake City, Utah we have local meetups to play as wel

We look forward to seeing you!

IP: infitech.prospercraft.com

k9officer09

Jul 29, 2019
It must be really bad luck on my part because I still have not found any tin ore after two days and a total of maybe 6 hours mining.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It must be really bad luck on my part because I still have not found any tin ore after two days and a total of maybe 6 hours mining.
Most complained about GT-problem ever :)

Try using a texture pack, tin is hard to see by default. Also, don't try mining for tin. 99% of the tin you find will be at ground-level on exposed rock faces.

If you can fly, it may be worthwhile to scout the Nether for tin as well.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Also if you're really desperate there is always the end, once you reach there not enough tin isn't going to be a concern so much as complaining about how it's too common and you wish you could find some useful veins. You'd probably want to work a fair way up thaumcraft or have conventional weapons and armor before taking on the ender dragon though, it's got a couple of tricks thanks to HEE, nothing too bad but enough to be a pain, flight is near compulsory for example.

There is thaumcraft as well, actually that's been my pre-end source of tin in every world so far, just grab some iron or copper as they're both rather common and make some (possibly thickened) glass and you'll be set for tin.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack has been updated to v3.1.5 - Now also available on Curse launcher (or at least should be in an hour or so, its synchronizing all previous versions which is... 45 of them?)

Anyone knows if this will fix Large Heat Exchanger getting stuck all the time? I'd really like to run my new lava setup.

Brock

Jul 29, 2019
Server is saying that the Mojang servers are down and I cant sign on. Is there an issue?

Sorry I was asleep and taking care of a few IRL things, the server should be up. We have a remember plug in that allows a user to still log into the server if mojang servers go down but it has to remember your authentication meaning you would have had to have already logged in.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
OK I tried messing with the Large High Pressure Turbine and I have no idea how to take power out of it. I used a Large Iridium Turbine (24000L/sec, 140 efficiency) and EV dynamo hatch (since I calculated it would produce about 1680 EU/t).
Turbine is running, it's taking IC2 steam (however not really outputting normal steam for some reason, it output some at the start, but then stopped. Maybe same bug as with Heat Exchanger?). Portable Scanner says there's EU in the turbine.
However I can't get it out. I tried placing and EV bat buffer with an empty Lapotron, nothing. With cables, nothing. MFSU, nothing.

Any ideas?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
OK I tried messing with the Large High Pressure Turbine and I have no idea how to take power out of it. I used a Large Iridium Turbine (24000L/sec, 140 efficiency) and EV dynamo hatch (since I calculated it would produce about 1680 EU/t).
Turbine is running, it's taking IC2 steam (however not really outputting normal steam for some reason, it output some at the start, but then stopped. Maybe same bug as with Heat Exchanger?). Portable Scanner says there's EU in the turbine.
However I can't get it out. I tried placing and EV bat buffer with an empty Lapotron, nothing. With cables, nothing. MFSU, nothing.

Any ideas?
Just to get the obvious out of the way, did you ensure you're feeding it steam at approximately the optimal rate?

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Just to get the obvious out of the way, did you ensure you're feeding it steam at approximately the optimal rate?

Well I also tried with a normal turbine (12000L/sec, so 600mb/t), inputting with 4 ender conduits (200 mb/t each, so 800mb/t). Same result. Also if the scanner says there's EU in the dynamo hatch, doesn't it mean I should be able to take out even this small amount (16k EU)?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well I also tried with a normal turbine (12000L/sec, so 600mb/t), inputting with 4 ender conduits (200 mb/t each, so 800mb/t). Same result. Also if the scanner says there's EU in the dynamo hatch, doesn't it mean I should be able to take out even this small amount (16k EU)?
Yeah, now that you mention it, my last test of the turbine a couple weeks ago produced similar results. I had lots of trouble extracting the power.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Well let's summon @Blood Asp and maybe he will know how to make this bloody thing work :) I really wanted to make this work, made all these expensive machines, and now I'm left with a pretty decoration that doesn't do shit :D

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
however not really outputting normal steam for some reason, it output some at the start, but then stopped. Maybe same bug as with Heat Exchanger?
Jep, really likely the same bug as i did the same change on both a bit back. I'm currently quite busy so give a few days to fix it.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Quiet day.

Anyone have a second to post a screenshot of a typical small "turbine item" rotor for the Large Turbine? I want to double-check some math (from work :p)

Am looking specifically at the smallest (of four) version, and am particularly interested in the tooltip for optimal flow, efficiency, etc.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Am looking specifically at the smallest (of four) version, and am particularly interested in the tooltip for optimal flow, efficiency, etc.
Can't screenshot but I can check the github, for the small rotor the following apply.

• Optimal Steam Flow is equal to the base speed of the material times 1000.
  • Efficiency is equal to the 50 plus 10 times the base quality of the material.

As for those mysterious base numbers here are a couple of the different tiers for you.

• Neutronium: 6 Speed, 6 Quality
  • Naquadah Alloy: 8 Speed, 5 Quality
  • Tungstensteel: 10 Speed, 4 Quality
  • Iridum: 6 Speed, 4 Quality
  • Titanium: 8 Speed, 3 Quality
  • Steel: 6 Speed, 2 Quality
  • Lead: 8 Speed, 1 Quality
So yeah, make of that what you will. Also just as a random extra the other three sizes in relation to small

• Normal Turbine has 2x OSF and +25 Eff
  • Large Turbine has 3x OSF and +50 Eff
  • Huge Turbine has 4x OSF and +30 Eff

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thanks Xavion. I poked around github briefly. The last multipliers were easy to find, but I wasn't able to get the rest.

This is perfect.

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to add PFAA at the start, but I was too lazy to make the configuration for it... Now its kinda hard to add it because of already generated worlds. And adding it for sake of new worlds... That would reuquire to make it disabled per default. And as we all know disabled mods per default aren't enabled by many players. Maybe if there was a option to enable COG and PFAA on world creation (for example like BoP is doing with its Biomes), then we might consider adding it into the pack.

Just started messing about with the pack, it is near perfect for me :)

I also just discovered PFAA geologica... I was hoping to use it on my server (private only). What configuration are you speaking of here? Would simply dropping it in have adverse effects?

I am also modifying the pack a bit for my uses. Adding mekanism; used minetweaker to disable and NEI.hide 98% of the mod. I simply want the fluid pipes; I moved the metalurgic infuser recipes the pipes need to the alloy smelter. I can paste my minetweaker script here if others are interested in this. Mekanism fluid pipes are some of the fastest flowing and nicest pipes I have seen in Minecraft and they fit in with this pack as they are already gated by steal. I also add weather2, ATG and inpureCore. I would highly recommend that inpureCore be added to the pack in the next release. It does NEI culling. So, it will hide all but one version of a multipart for instance. This drastically cleans up NEI.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Adding mekanism; used minetweaker to disable and NEI.hide 98% of the mod. I simply want the fluid pipes

Have you tried the eIO Fluid Conduits ? In this pack, the entry gravity-based pipes are gated by Nether Quartz and bronze machines. The 2nd tier is gated by LV (steel) machines. The final tier is gated by Enderium, which is super-late MV, i.e. most people have HV machines by this time.

eIO fluid conduits flow *much* better than GT or BC pipes.

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried the eIO Fluid Conduits ? In this pack, the entry gravity-based pipes are gated by Nether Quartz and bronze machines. The 2nd tier is gated by LV (steel) machines. The final tier is gated by Enderium, which is super-late MV, i.e. most people have HV machines by this time.

eIO fluid conduits flow *much* better than GT or BC pipes.

I have used EnderIO in the past and greatly appreciate the singleblock/multipurpose capabilities it's pipes offer. I have 2 gripes with it though. It makes the pipes small and necessitates opaqueness; I really like to see the liquids/items in pipes. The second gripe is that they do not flow very fast at all; max 800mb/t whereas mekanism's flow is 64000mb/t. Additionally, the extract rate of a single connection is 200mb/t for enderIO and 6400mb/t for mekanism. Again, a vast difference. I also think the mekanism pipes are more visually appealing acknowledging the fact that enderIO pipes are more functionally diverse.

For me, I use enderIO for compact/hidden builds and logistics pipe/mekenism pipes for builds where form matters. So, my brewing station automation will definitely use enderIO. My IC2 fluid reactor will be large and appealing looking so, mekanism pipes.

I really like how MysteryDump did her plant:

In places where restrictive fluid flow cannot be tolerated, mekanism pipes again will be used. It is a set it and forget it connection so that I do not have to spam the side of my boiler with connections to get the flow rate right. That just looks messy to me and with mekanism pipes, unnecessary.