[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
The part that manganese is ALOT more valuable than iron and this is molten iron as output not plasma so you are also not getting any energy which makes this recipe totally useless.
Yeah as mentioned I've got no idea, ask @Blood Asp I suppose. Actually while on the topic anyone know why you can't freeze the metal plasmas into molten metal? You can do it for the non-metals from what I can see, also while it's irrelevant neutronium plasma is apparently so high it rolls over as it's worth about -700mil EU in a plasma gen.

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't played this pack often enough to come up with a "usual" way, and the usual ways from other packs don't work here, but here's what I did in this game:

(1) Early LV era: Basic steam power setup with 7 HP steam boilers and one or two GT LV turbines.
(2) Late LV and early MV era: Tree farm -> wood -> charcoal in coke ovens -> alumentum, used in a RC LP36 steam boiler. Steam turned into EU by a RC turbine. 200 EU/t.
(3) Late MV and early HV era: One RTG cluster. 512 EU/t.
(4) Late HV and early EV era: Two IC2 nuclear reactors for use at peak time (though it turned out they were running most of the time, damn the lack of automation), burning MOX fuel. ca. 1500 EU/t. Two more RTG clusters. 1024 EU/t.
(5) Now: on the cusp of starting up a fusion reactor. 32000 EU/t. In the process of refining fuel...

The lack of long-range power transfer options is why I haven't built a big reactor. I would use it mainly to power my ender quarry, but since I can't efficiently transfer that much power to temporary locations without a big machine cluster and a quantum link I opted to put the quarry near my base, power it through my EU grid and increase the range to 1000x1000. Ironically, such a range actually makes it feasible to build a big machine cluster at a mining base, so I may end up with a Big Reactor at some time anyway. I can't do everything at once, though. It's possible to convert RF to EU, but it's a major PITA. I found it more enjoyable to work towards a fusion reactor directly.

Thanks :) How big was your steam buffer with that RC turbine and what kind of power storage did you use at that point ? Did you automate turning turbine on/off somehow ?

I wish there were more let's play's or at least screenshots showing baseses with more end-game stuff. I watched Jason and JoeVengence's LP's and I've learned a lot about basic GT stuff, but there aren't too many videos showing complex machines or setups (not tutorial, but kind of regular gameplay way).

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Dark, are you using periods as thousands separator here? (so, 1 million eu?)

If so, is that still energy positive? I haven't done fusion yet.
thats 1million EU and no its not energy positive in the IV replicator but havent checked about LV replicator and also not the cost to make the uumatter

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Thanks :) How big was your steam buffer with that RC turbine and what kind of power storage did you use at that point ? Did you automate turning turbine on/off somehow ?
I didn't use a steam buffer. The turbine was attached directly to the steam boiler, and power generation went on constantly. I had to switch the turbine and repair it in a Thaumic Restorer and void surplus creosote oil from the coke oven line every eight real-time hours or so (I could've automated the latter with BC gates but never got around to it), but everything else was automated to run without intervention. I mainly used medium batteries in 4x buffers at that point, but in general power storage was at the highest tier I could manage.

Brock

Jul 29, 2019
Yes but is it wise to advertise a server on a mod pack thread is the question.
also with the main server being advertised.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yes but is it wise to advertise a server on a mod pack thread is the question.
also with the main server being advertised.
The most appropriate place in theory is here.

On this specific thread however, nobody is going to mind if you advertise your server. If anyone gives you grief, blame it on me.

Brock

Jul 29, 2019
Prospercraft Server Network has just opened a new hardmode infitech 2 {77 slot} server available to play for the public.

How to get on!

- Download the Feed the beast launcher at http://www.feed-the-beast.com/

- Once downloaded go to the Third party packs tab and click the Pack code button.

- Enter "17infitech" in the box.

- Download the pack and click launch!

IP: infitech.prospercraft.com

What to expect:

- Family friendly

- Hardcore Economy (Shops when ready)

- Towny protections

- Helpful Staff

- Little to absolutely no lag!

We also have an active teamspeak feel free to log on and chat with your friends the info is located on the left hand side of our website:

http://www.prospercraft.com/

The server is located Salt Lake City, Utah we have local meetups to play as wel

We look forward to seeing you!

IP: infitech.prospercraft.com

Reactions: MigukNamja

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know an alternate (but non-bee) method of getting certus quartz? My brain is failing me.
Thaumic Energistics provides a way as it adds alchemical duplication recipes to both nether and certus quartz. Certus quartz is 4 aqua + 2 vitreus + 1 certus quartz = 2 certus quartz and nether is effectively the same except with an extra 2 potentia needed.

@Brock, I looked around your site and have to mention I was unable to find any mention of there being an InfiTech server at all, probably worth changing that if you want people to go on it. I also saw mentions of banned items but was unable to find any reference to them other then something in the rules mentioning you shouldn't use them.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Brock

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic Energistics provides a way as it adds alchemical duplication recipes to both nether and certus quartz. Certus quartz is 4 aqua + 2 vitreus + 1 certus quartz = 2 certus quartz and nether is effectively the same except with an extra 2 potentia needed.

@Brock, I looked around your site and have to mention I was unable to find any mention of there being an InfiTech server at all, probably worth changing that if you want people to go on it. I also saw mentions of banned items but was unable to find any reference to them other then something in the rules mentioning you shouldn't use them.

Yeah, it's not updated to the site yet but it is open for play. Otherwise there is no banned items, that is for FTB infinity.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Praise the spirit gods, I forgot about that. Thanks.

AE2 absolutely shreds certus, and the GT mines are pretty low% certus.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Praise the spirit gods, I forgot about that. Thanks.

AE2 absolutely shreds certus, and the GT mines are pretty low% certus.
Yeah it's a nifty recipe, as a tip though thickened glass from XU has 2 vitreus instead of the 1 that normal glass has. It's slightly more complex to make as it's 2 glass + 2 sand = 4 sandy glass which can then be smelted into thickened glass but can be worth it if you want a lot of vitreus. Also don't forget automagy adds a boiler to let you turn fluid water into aqua, pretty much useless for anything that's not aqua but rather nice for it.

Reactions: Pyure and Azor

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It seems like every time I do AE2 (a million?) I have to re-learn it.

Why can't I autocraft stuff? It was working an hour ago, now, not so much. I have plenty of storage left on the 4k disk. I can manually craft these in the system just fine too.

edit:nevermind, figured it out. I cut power to the molecular assembler when I attached another interface.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 48

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Why can't I autocraft stuff? It was working an hour ago, now, not so much. I have plenty of storage left on the 4k disk. I can manually craft these in the system just fine too.
So you have remembered to attach a crafting processor to your system right? Since just the interface + assembler isn't enough remember. That's my first thought for a possibility, you wouldn't be hitting the size cap of a processor with something so simple after all and it shows up so you have got it in an interface.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So you have remembered to attach a crafting processor to your system right? Since just the interface + assembler isn't enough remember. That's my first thought for a possibility, you wouldn't be hitting the size cap of a processor with something so simple after all and it shows up so you have got it in an interface.
Nope, see above, I just derped. I know the molecular assembler itself needs power, I just neglected to reconnect it after doing some rewiring.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack has been updated to v3.1.5 - Now also available on Curse launcher (or at least should be in an hour or so, its synchronizing all previous versions which is... 45 of them?)
Changelog:
Mod Updates:
- Automagy -> 0.26.2
- BDLib -> 1.9.1.97
- BuildCraft -> 7.0.17
- Carpenter's Blocks -> 3.3.7
- CoFHCore -> 3.0.3-303
- Computronics -> 1.5.6
- EnderCore -> 0.0.1.13
- ExtraCells -> 2.2.73b132 (still disabled)
- Gendustry -> 1.6.0.109
- GregTech -> 5.08.25
- IGW Mod -> 1.1.7-26
- Industrial Craft 2 -> 2.2.751
- LogisticsPipes -> 0.9.2.19
- MagicBees -> 2.3.3
- ModTweaker 2 -> 0.9.1
- OpenBlocks -> 1.4.3-648
- OpenModsLib -> 0.7.3-378
- PneumaticCraft -> 1.9.10-98
- Redstone Arsenal -> 1.1.1-89
- TcNodeTracker -> 1.1.2
- Thaumic Energistics -> 0.8.10.8

Changes:
- Fixed IC2 machines GUI being not accessible
- Removed GT Version of Charged Certus Quartz (was causing inconsistency, already existing Charged Certus Quartz Crystals still in game, but they have no use and no texture)
- Removed 8x plastic + dye = 8x plastic with the color of the dye, as this was temporary while the Plastic Mixer was changed.
- Fixed crash on Oil worldgen with GregTech
- Yellorite Ingot in SAGmill give Yellorite Dust, instead of Uranium Dust
- Changed recipe for Logistic Drone
- Drones can be now painted
- Lowered cost of x-dim StarGate connection
- Fixed logistics pipes Firewall NPE
- Fixed cobblestone into sand with Steam Macerators
- Fixed PneumaticCraft Door Base Camouflage with Chisel 2 blocks
- Changed JABBA Barrel colors throughout the tiers
- Enabled Aerial Interface, tiered to MV
- Boosted Dim Trans energy teleportation
- Fixed AE2 cover interface not being craftable shapelessly into block version