[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
AE2 integration comes naturally with GT

May I politely inquire as to specifics of the integration? I'm just learning the ropes of the rest of AE2 and I'd love to integrate my entire base with it.

you actually need barely any europium to hit T2 fusion.

I'm not home so I can't verify this but off the top of my head I believe you need 6 europium plates for every LuV machine casing you upgrade to a fusion casing.

Oh and I'm wondering how you guys design your bases? I'm having trouble with architecture of all things.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not home so I can't verify this but off the top of my head I believe you need 6 europium plates for every LuV machine casing you upgrade to a fusion casing.
No, while it is the case with the T3 reactor that you need 6 americium per MK 2 fusion casing the normal fusion casings are actually just LuV casing with 6 tungstensteel plates. As far as I can see the only europium required is 2 plates for the computer.

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
No, while it is the case with the T3 reactor that you need 6 americium per MK 2 fusion casing the normal fusion casings are actually just LuV casing with 6 tungstensteel plates. As far as I can see the only europium required is 2 plates for the computer.

Well ladies and gentlemen there you have your answer. Thanks for the enlightenment.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Well ladies and gentlemen there you have your answer. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Yeah most of the cost is in the fusion coils, the tungsten for upgrading to fusion casings is relatively minor. The big costs are the five stacks of osmium, four stacks of iridium, and 8k coal and tin. Everything else kind of pales next to those as while some of those are minor resources that's still a very large amount of coal and tin.

On a different note, I generated my world out more then expected but in case anyone felt like seeing a large overview of a world for whatever reason I'm linking it. I generated out an 8,000 by 8,000 area for some reason, notable features include that the volcano nerf really worked, there's only four volcanoes I can spot on the map.
d6CdjLL.jpg

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
May I politely inquire as to specifics of the integration? I'm just learning the ropes of the rest of AE2 and I'd love to integrate my entire base with it.
GT's machines, along with EnderIO's, are very easy to use in an AE2 autocrafting setup, because you can configure them to auto-output to the same side they get their input from. With most machines, that means all you need to do is put an ME interface on top and connect an AE cable. The only tricky one is the GT assembler, since you must route the input to two different destinations and the assembler's auto-input does not always use the second slot correctly, so I had to use a chest [buffer] as the input destination and put a regulator in-between.

Also, with the complexity of GT's recipes you're going to appreciate AE2 autocrafting more than ever. At the moment, I have 42 machines in my autocrafting setup, including an implosion compressor, and more than 200 recipes in interfaces on molecular assemblers. All that was insanely expensive though - in this pack each ME interface requires, among other things, 8 logic processors. I had made a few thousand of those when I started making my AE2 system. Now I have 200 left.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Oh and I'm wondering how you guys design your bases? I'm having trouble with architecture of all things.
LOL. That's about the most "YMMV" and "There's no accounting for taste" area you could inquire about. Some people build underground complexes, some build giant towers, clusters of normal-looking houses, factory complexes, underwater bases and countless other things. There's almost nothing imaginable that hasn't been made by someone at some time. As I see it, there's only one rule: don't plan small. Things will inevitably end up taking up more space than you anticipated. Also, every base is a work in progress at all times. For instance, currently I'm thinking of relocating to an underwater base, only that takes even more planning than usual since every change in the outer walls of an already existing building is a major PITA.

If you care about aesthetics - not everyone does - look up the blocks provided by Chisel and see what Carpenter's Blocks can do you for. Also, think about the resource pack you're going to use.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking about bees, I've been browsing the new bees added by the pack, and see a "degrade chance" on the mutatron recipes. What does that mean? Does that mean the mutation has an X% of failing (annoying but acceptable) or does it mean the bee has a 30% of dying every work cycle (in that case mass production won't be feasible)?

@Pyure

Chance for Pristine Princess to "degrade" to Ignoble. Ignobles die after ~200 cycles. I think Gendustry requires Pristine for the recipe. Hence, Ignobles can be used to make a few stacks of drones, but are otherwise trash.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
@Pyure
Chance for Pristine Princess to "degrade" to Ignoble. Ignobles die after ~200 cycles. I think Gendustry requires Pristine for the recipe. Hence, Ignobles can be used to make a few stacks of drones, but are otherwise trash.
(1) The ignoble princess also has a degrade chance. What does that mean?
(2) That chance applies at the time of mutation? So that a pristine princess has a chance to degrade to ignoble when mutated into something else, is that it?

Last edited:

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
LOL. That's about the most "YMMV" and "There's no accounting for taste" area you could inquire about. Some people build underground complexes, some build giant towers, clusters of normal-looking houses, factory complexes, underwater bases and countless other things. There's almost nothing imaginable that hasn't been made by someone at some time. As I see it, there's only one rule: don't plan small. Things will inevitably end up taking up more space than you anticipated. Also, every base is a work in progress at all times. For instance, currently I'm thinking of relocating to an underwater base, only that takes even more planning than usual since every change in the outer walls of an already existing building is a major PITA.

If you care about aesthetics - not everyone does - look up the blocks provided by Chisel and see what Carpenter's Blocks can do you for. Also, think about the resource pack you're going to use.

Well I'm guessing a cluster of houses perhaps works for me - I haven't actually thought of that before. Tried underground complexes before and got so bored and annoyed with mining out the enormous rooms that I switched to creative and mined it out lol.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
(1) The ignoble princess also has a degrade chance. What does that mean?

I think it means Ignobles die. I tried to make a new species using an Ignoble to start with (rather than a Pristine), and the Ignoble turn into something called 'Genetic trash' or some such. I never tried another Ignoble after that. And, when I would get an Ignoble as a result, I would use to get a decent collection of drones of the new species, but tossed away the Ignoble after that.

(2) That chance applies at the time of mutation? So that a pristine princess has a chance to degrade to ignoble when mutated into something else, is that it?

Applies at mutation, correct. And, the mutation to the new species is always successful, it's just a matter of whether you get a Pristine.

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
I'm deep into the MV era in my world and I'm trying to figure out which power sources should I choose for the future stuff. Right now I'm using several GT basic steam turbines (RC LP boiler burning creosote and 4 'small' GT steel boilers burning charcoal from my coke ovens ) and some basic diesel generators (nitro-diesel). I had similar setup in my v.2.x.x world (plus 2 IC2 wind kinetic generators) and I would like to try something new this time, but I'm kinda lost atm. I thought about using RC steam turbine since it's much more efficient than GT ones, but maybe there are some better or more interesting options.

So, guys... what's your usual setup for power generation and transfer from early up to end-game ?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Well I'm guessing a cluster of houses perhaps works for me - I haven't actually thought of that before. Tried underground complexes before and got so bored and annoyed with mining out the enormous rooms that I switched to creative and mined it out lol.
So....you didn't think of using a Buildcraft Filler to carve out big rooms? That's what I usually do.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I'm deep into the MV era in my world and I'm trying to figure out which power sources should I choose for the future stuff. Right now I'm using several GT basic steam turbines (RC LP boiler burning creosote and 4 'small' GT steel boilers burning charcoal from my coke ovens ) and some basic diesel generators (nitro-diesel). I had similar setup in my v.2.x.x world (plus 2 IC2 wind kinetic generators) and I would like to try something new this time, but I'm kinda lost atm. I thought about using RC steam turbine since it's much more efficient than GT ones, but maybe there are some better or more interesting options.

So, guys... what's your usual setup for power generation and transfer from early up to end-game ?
I haven't played this pack often enough to come up with a "usual" way, and the usual ways from other packs don't work here, but here's what I did in this game:

(1) Early LV era: Basic steam power setup with 7 HP steam boilers and one or two GT LV turbines.
(2) Late LV and early MV era: Tree farm -> wood -> charcoal in coke ovens -> alumentum, used in a RC LP36 steam boiler. Steam turned into EU by a RC turbine. 200 EU/t.
(3) Late MV and early HV era: One RTG cluster. 512 EU/t.
(4) Late HV and early EV era: Two IC2 nuclear reactors for use at peak time (though it turned out they were running most of the time, damn the lack of automation), burning MOX fuel. ca. 1500 EU/t. Two more RTG clusters. 1024 EU/t.
(5) Now: on the cusp of starting up a fusion reactor. 32000 EU/t. In the process of refining fuel...

The lack of long-range power transfer options is why I haven't built a big reactor. I would use it mainly to power my ender quarry, but since I can't efficiently transfer that much power to temporary locations without a big machine cluster and a quantum link I opted to put the quarry near my base, power it through my EU grid and increase the range to 1000x1000. Ironically, such a range actually makes it feasible to build a big machine cluster at a mining base, so I may end up with a Big Reactor at some time anyway. I can't do everything at once, though. It's possible to convert RF to EU, but it's a major PITA. I found it more enjoyable to work towards a fusion reactor directly.

Reactions: Azkeel

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I think it means Ignobles die. I tried to make a new species using an Ignoble to start with (rather than a Pristine), and the Ignoble turn into something called 'Genetic trash' or some such. I never tried another Ignoble after that. And, when I would get an Ignoble as a result, I would use to get a decent collection of drones of the new species, but tossed away the Ignoble after that.

Applies at mutation, correct. And, the mutation to the new species is always successful, it's just a matter of whether you get a Pristine.
Thanks again, but it appears I won't be going into bees in this pack. 288 pieces of royal jelly for a single mutation, no thanks. I don't think I've seen that much of the stuff in any world I ever played, except possibly in Agrarian Skies. Also, when I bred my way up to Imperial and Industrious bees some time ago using only Forestry mechanics I decided once in my life was enough, and I have no intention of going back on that decision.

I don't suppose there's a shortcut somewhere?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
All right, I think I'll be leaving Infitech after I've started up my fusion reactor and seen that my design works (still making fuel). I've done what I came to do - to see what "hard" mode GregTech is like - and at this point the fact that I'm not exactly the target audience gains prominence in my mind.

My experience can be summed up like this: I love the complexity, but hate the grind. With the unified design with GT at the center and other mods integrated into it as much as possible, IT2 has definitely been a more rounded experience than any other pack I've played. I even came to appreciate some of the stuff that sent me up the wall when I first encountered it. I still don't like how empty much of the underground feels, but I just know that other packs will feel partly cluttered and off-center after this. Also, AE2 and GT appear to be made for each other. Some days, it seems, I added machines to my AE2 autocrafting setup by the minute, and I never made so many patterns before in a single world. That's something I want to do again at some time. On the other hand, I'm unwilling to put up with more grind. Should there ever be a pack with similar GT integration but with some anti-grind mechanisms added to it, I'm game, but for now I can think of other games-related things I'd rather do than go on. I'll keep my world, though....

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
All right, I think I'll be leaving Infitech after I've started up my fusion reactor and seen that my design works (still making fuel). I've done what I came to do - to see what "hard" mode GregTech is like - and at this point the fact that I'm not exactly the target audience gains prominence in my mind.

My experience can be summed up like this: I love the complexity, but hate the grind. With the unified design with GT at the center and other mods integrated into it as much as possible, IT2 has definitely been a more rounded experience than any other pack I've played. I even came to appreciate some of the stuff that sent me up the wall when I first encountered it. I still don't like how empty much of the underground feels, but I just know that other packs will feel partly cluttered and off-center after this. Also, AE2 and GT appear to be made for each other. Some days, it seems, I added machines to my AE2 autocrafting setup by the minute, and I never made so many patterns before in a single world. That's something I want to do again at some time. On the other hand, I'm unwilling to put up with more grind. Should there ever be a pack with similar GT integration but with some anti-grind mechanisms added to it, I'm game, but for now I can think of other games-related things I'd rather do than go on. I'll keep my world, though....
Awesome, thanks for playing along Ieldra. Maybe consider making your own pack one day? You've been around the block enough times to know what sorts of mod interactions would appeal to you, and I'd likely check it out myself.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
This is strange ... the wiki only has 14 fusion reactor recipes but NEI has 18.

Can someone explain this fusion recipe:
16mb Hydrogen + 16mb molten manganese = 16mb molten iron

And btw helium is renewable... did everyone forget about uumatter?
1000mb helium in IV replicator needs 4mb uumatter and 1.049.216EU

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
This is strange ... the wiki only has 14 fusion reactor recipes but NEI has 18.

Can someone explain this fusion recipe:
16mb Hydrogen + 16mb molten manganese = 16mb molten iron

And btw helium is renewable... did everyone forget about uumatter?
1000mb helium in IV replicator needs 4mb uumatter and 1.049.216EU
Good point, I've added the other four to the wiki. I've got no idea why you'd want to turn manganese into iron, it should be just the same as any other fusion recipe to create metals though so which part needed explaining? Totally forgot about uumatter though.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Good point, I've added the other four to the wiki. I've got no idea why you'd want to turn manganese into iron, it should be just the same as any other fusion recipe to create metals though so which part needed explaining? Totally forgot about uumatter though.
The part that manganese is ALOT more valuable than iron and this is molten iron as output not plasma so you are also not getting any energy which makes this recipe totally useless.