[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I see lots of hate about Win10... I must say that I have W10, since it came out... had few problems at the beginning, but with their so called "Treshold 2" version I am not having any issues (except when I am recording I get sometimes BSOD'ed, but I suspect my CPU or GFX, because its acting wierdly ever since (I think I kinda killed my CPU, because the fan didn't had too much thermal paste and the temepratures of it went up to 110 degrees celsius...) :)

So from my point of view as a user and also as IT Technician, I prefer W10 over other versions.

Xenius

Jul 29, 2019
Finally i solved huge problem with energy production. Now i have near 1.8k eu per tick with 2 MK1 MOX reactors.
Possibly this scheme will be useful for someone.
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...hbu0hb6kptt6l2weg6xyzkp9ynvk4yranpdd9x31o2t4w 872EU with 84% heat. Automation is possible with AE2/EIO and GT regulators. I hope my english isn't very strange. English is not my native language D:
2WWZ7lu.png

Last edited:

Bweslake

Jul 29, 2019
After a little testing, it is 4 amps every 2 ticks. However due to the internal storage of the transformers the 2 secondary transformers were able to output 8 amps 8192 volt /tick.

1a,60,000 EU/t --> (131072/32768 transformer) --> ~4a,32768 EU/2t --> (2 x 32768/8192 transformers) --> 8a,8192 EU/t

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Finally i solved huge problem with energy production. Now i have near 1.8k eu per tick with 2 MK1 MOX reactors.
Possibly this scheme will be useful for someone.
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...hbu0hb6kptt6l2weg6xyzkp9ynvk4yranpdd9x31o2t4w 872EU with 84% heat. Automation is possible with AE2/EIO and GT regulators. I hope my english isn't very strange. English is not my native language D:
2WWZ7lu.png
Yep, that's a good design, I used to use it. I eventually switched to a slightly better one which I can't seem to find. The big benefit was that it used all of the same type of rods, so you could easily automate it.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
What does happen if an ME Network isnt fully chunkloaded? Since the official server allows only 27 loaded chunks i cant fit our whole base in there. The controller, machinery and storage would all be chunkloaded of corse, but what about distant ME terminals? Would that cause issues when someone would come closer to the base without fully loading it?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
What does happen if an ME Network isnt fully chunkloaded? Since the official server allows only 27 loaded chunks i cant fit our whole base in there. The controller, machinery and storage would all be chunkloaded of corse, but what about distant ME terminals? Would that cause issues when someone would come closer to the base without fully loading it?
I would suspect that it will semi-load required chunks. But can't say for sure.

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019
I see lots of hate about Win10... I must say that I have W10, since it came out... had few problems at the beginning, but with their so called "Treshold 2" version I am not having any issues (except when I am recording I get sometimes BSOD'ed, but I suspect my CPU or GFX, because its acting wierdly ever since (I think I kinda killed my CPU, because the fan didn't had too much thermal paste and the temepratures of it went up to 110 degrees celsius...) :)

So from my point of view as a user and also as IT Technician, I prefer W10 over other versions.

It's not hate really; at least not for me. It is informed consumer choice. Microsoft has made a stance I don't agree with, so I won't use the product and by extension; because I am the households network administrator, I will not allow it in my house. It doesn't matter to me if it works better then prior versions.
This https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt577208(v=vs.85).aspx#BKMK_UTC_Full is enough for me to not use the OS at all, ever.

EXCERPT (Full telemetry level):
However, before more info is gathered, Microsoft’s privacy governance team, including privacy and other subject matter experts, must approve the diagnostics request made by a Microsoft engineer. If the request is approved, Microsoft engineers can use the following capabilities to get the information:

• Ability to run a limited, pre-approved list of Microsoft certified diagnostic tools, such as msinfo32.exe, powercfg.exe, and dxdiag.exe.

• Ability to get registry keys.

• Ability to gather user content, such as documents, if they might have been the trigger for the issue.

So, Microsoft, at there sole discretion, can run programs on and retrieve documents from my machine for analysis, inspection and usage in further debugging. When I first read that, I was at a loss for words. It is truly shocking (to me).

Full telemetry level is the default for new installations; including upgrades. Additionally, the only way to turn it off; lower then basic level, is to use the enterprise version. Updates have been known to reset these levels after they have been changed as well (could have been a bug):
http://www.cio-today.com/article/index.php?story_id=13000FY960TW

Additionally, the heavy handed upgrade approach has rubbed me the wrong way. It downloads roughly 3GB in he background in prep for the upgrade which really sucks for people on metered connections (some of my family), it installs nag apps to bug you about it continuously, and updates changed registry settings that had disabled said nag app. Oh, and, all of this has been ported to Win8, 8.1 and 7; uggg. It's just not for me, but to each there own.

DISCLAIMER: I am a principle systems administrator, and have been for about a decade. In that time I have had control over, and been responsible for, thousands of servers. I take security exceptionally seriously and am very cautious as to the data I let leave my control.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
He had two problems, I don't think he solved the input issue...? (Not sure)

edit: after reading aiwen's post, I think you're right.
yeah, for some reason, allowed it (in steam version only) and it would work on dmg'd armor, but once we got a basic one, even that won't work anymore. Under no circumstances did it ever pipe in directly which was what my confusion was from. ofc I tested in ssp using a nei'd no dmg'd armor, causing more confusion. confusion for everyone! FREE! :)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
You're probably trying to macerate damaged armour you get from mobs. Yes, you can put it in manually just fine, but not automatically. You need to repair it first. Don't ask me why it's like that because I don't know. I worked around it by automatically repairing my damaged armour in Thaumic Restorer (fed with instrumentum from stone shovels if I remember correctly). You also need item conduits set up correctly so that they won't take stuff out from the Restorer if it's not been fully repaired.
I did same. have a 32 jar instrumentum battery for that.

any thoughts on how to fix my setup tho? I have to use a alchemical valve on the connector to the restorer, otherwise the suction of the restorer I guess causes it to stop the alchemical centrifuge from working.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I did same. have a 32 jar instrumentum battery for that.

any thoughts on how to fix my setup tho? I have to use a alchemical valve on the connector to the restorer, otherwise the suction of the restorer I guess causes it to stop the alchemical centrifuge from working.
Suction from the restorer shouldn't stop your centrifuge from working. But you can always add a thaumic-energistics setup to clean things up a bit.

Once items are in the restorer, like aiwen said you just need to have a pipe which will pull fully-restored items from it. The macerator will accept those without issue.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
ok, should have just edited those posts above, sorry. that's what happens when you don't check the topic for a few days... :)

New question: running latest on launcher, 3.1.23

on a server

Made 2 unstable ingots in crafting table to make etheric sword, but instead I got a kikoku which you normally need a pseudo inversion sigil to craft.

I had already made a builders wand, which, if there was derpiness somehow, I would have assumed I would have made a creative builders wand, also made via the pseudo inversion sigil.

I checked the scripts, but no mention in there regarding any changes to this, what gives? Is etheric disabled somehow? Not in configs.

edit: ok, I think there must be some rng in there. I made another for my partner in game and this time got a etheric sword. lol Oh well. that is cool tho!

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Suction from the restorer shouldn't stop your centrifuge from working. But you can always add a thaumic-energistics setup to clean things up a bit.

Once items are in the restorer, like aiwen said you just need to have a pipe which will pull fully-restored items from it. The macerator will accept those without issue.
lol thaumic energistics hehe

we aren't even close to ae yet. still in MV

I usually use thaumic energistics with the restorer, don't usually mess with it till then.

Yeah, as far as processing mob drops, all of it works beautifully. I just wanted to remove the valve from the array of instrumentum jars. with it connected, suction seems to stop the entire works, even if not active. I haven't gone back with the whacky thing to check all the levels etc. Easier to put a lever on.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah, as far as processing mob drops, all of it works beautifully. I just wanted to remove the valve from the array of instrumentum jars. with it connected, suction seems to stop the entire works, even if not active. I haven't gone back with
the whacky thing to check all the levels etc. Easier to put a lever on.
After a while I tend to give up on the damn valves/pipes and just use golems to move my essentia around.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Btw if anyone fancy a little sneak peak for what is required to make one material to advance in EV age in GT5.09. Its not the only way of course. But its one of the ways.
2016-01-15_21.36.51.png

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
? But then you need to decrystalize it prior to use don't you? How does crystalizing help you get essentia from a warded jar into a restorer?

You only cook instrumentum crystals so there is nothing else fighting over the tube to the restorer.

Anyone knows where or how to easily find out which slot in machine is which number (for example for regulator)

Use an item router from router reborn to put in specific slots and see what goes where?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You only cook instrumentum crystals so there is nothing else fighting over the tube to the restorer.

Use an item router from router reborn to put in specific slots and see what goes where?
Oh. I mean, if you're using filters correctly, you have *junk* going elsewhere anyway, right?