[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
I found a few naquadah asteroids but I explored a lot. I'm not sure if this way is more reliable than the big reactors route.. yellorium is everywhere.
Bees.. well, for a bee nooby, that is quite a long way. Also, I'm not sure how I feel about producing high tier fuel out of nothing. And, my point is to power a mass fabricator, but if I have bees, I can make anything, anyway. My head hurts.

Anybody else figured out what to use for scrap, in the recycler? (without modifying the config, in order to use stone). I'm thinking of a vanilla cactus farm. Tons of items, no power, scalable. Although I'm not sure how big it should be in order to feed the recycler continously.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I found a few naquadah asteroids but I explored a lot. I'm not sure if this way is more reliable than the big reactors route.. yellorium is everywhere.
Naquadah is also necessary for the stargate stuff, not just power.

So we're currently looking at the bees solution in our base, even though I'm violently anti-bee. We cannot find any in the End either.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
If he'd work hard at being a server admin instead of hanging around my base all day staring at my reactor this wouldn't be such a problem. :mad:

Ahem, working full time, fixing pc's/laptops on the side and have a demanding girlfriend and family clearly don't count for anything :p I'll try update the server tonight when j get home but I've got a family meal tonight so no promises!

Sent from my iPhone

Reactions: Pyure

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Naquadah is not meant to be a base energy supply, but it is a good way for short term supply of a huge Voltage. And that even outside the base. It will also be used for GT Stargates in the future, but i do not expect them in 1.7 anymore.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Naquadah is not meant to be a base energy supply, but it is a good way for short term supply of a huge Voltage. And that even outside the base. It will also be used for GT Stargates in the future, but i do not expect them in 1.7 anymore.
Blood Asp: stupid question, are you actually playing this pack at all? I mostly know you from the IC2/GT forum, so I know you're an expert on that subject.

If you're not already aware, we already have stargates in this pack, and naquadah is (I'm told) required for those. That's what I was referring to in my previous post.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Followup question: anyone here familiar enough with Big Reactors who can tell me if its normal for any yellorium in my deactivated reactor to disappear over time? I logged on last night and was missing 1.5 stacks of fuel that I had left in the reactor. I'm wondering if I should have "ejected" it.

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
Blood Asp: stupid question, are you actually playing this pack at all? I mostly know you from the IC2/GT forum, so I know you're an expert on that subject.

If you're not already aware, we already have stargates in this pack, and naquadah is (I'm told) required for those. That's what I was referring to in my previous post.

I think that he was talking about GT Stargates, which are not implemented, yet. Here we have the Greg's SGCraft mod, which is developed by another Greg (Greg_Ewing).

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I think that he was talking about GT Stargates, which are not implemented, yet. Here we have the Greg's SGCraft mod, which is developed by another Greg (Greg_Ewing).
I know, that's why I mentioned that we already had some stargates in the meantime. I figured he wasn't aware that we didn't have to wait on greg.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Nooooo! There is finally a pack with gregtech and sgcraft and it turns out to even power them i need the naquadah that is like impossible to find o_O. Darnit, ow well bees it is then
They dont spawn on galacticraft worlds right?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Nooooo! There is finally a pack with gregtech and sgcraft and it turns out to even power them i need the naquadah that is like impossible to find o_O. Darnit, ow well bees it is then
That would actually be pretty epic. Having a reason to go to moon/mars would be welcome.

Reactions: Grove

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019

I can safely say that finding naquadah in the end is easier than finding tungsten in the overworld (with at least an advanced electric jetpack, of course).

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
I have a few questions about certain GT materials I can't figure out what to do with.

1)Is there any use for thorium? I don't see a recipe for the thorium cells and I have 1000's of piles of dust now and can't figure out what to do with it.

Should I just go ahead and make myself some thorium microblock fences for my livestock?

2) What's the deal with lignite coal? Any use besides using it as fuel in a vanilla furnance?

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
What level are you finding it at? I've been scouting around level 40 since it supposedly loads between 10 and 60.

I found that the height does not matter much, in the end. I found iridium at over 120 height, although it shouldn't be anywhere near that.

Lemme check, actually, I made waypoints. [moments later] I may have exagerated about "few", apparently I just found one, at level 56, 2k blocks from the island. I just hope that I didn't notice one without leaving a waypoint..

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I found that the height does not matter much, in the end. I found iridium at over 120 height, although it shouldn't be anywhere near that.

Lemme check, actually, I made waypoints. [moments later] I may have exagerated about "few", apparently I just found one, at level 56, 2k blocks from the island. I just hope that I didn't notice one without leaving a waypoint..
That one technically falls into the range I mentioned earlier but nod, good info :)