[1.7.10][Listed] High Tech Wolves Mod Pack

D

dshadowwolf

We here at High Tech Wolves have spent months trying to reduce the large mod-packs into something a bit more manageable. First we looked at tech the duplicated, and scrubbed a whole lot of it.

Then we went looking at the magic systems and after many versions, it became apparent that mods that added magic generally made one or more mistakes, the most common being:

1. completely unbalancing gameplay

2. having no in-game explanation for anything

3. having restrictions that interfered with any form of automation

Since we had no wish to point out which mods we had found did not have any major flaws it was decided to remove all mods that added magic entirely.

Thats right - the only “magic” in this mod-pack is what is in the vanilla game!

Well almost.. We are addicted to Morph, mostly because being 1x1 can make laying pipes and wires easier.

After a while it became apparent that we were adding things that were amusing, but ultimately were pointlessly intruding on the core gameplay mechanics behind Minecraft. So once more we’ve stripped it back and that is the version available today.

It has two core mods providing technology for processing the ores you collect while mining and producing food for you to eat. There are a few other mods provided that allow for some better experiences at building redstone contraptions, and one that provides tools and weapons that are much better than you’ll find in Vanilla.

The other mods that surround them are to either provide for more automation of tasks or to more tightly integrate the core set of mods together. That being said, we do maintain an “Administration Base” that has everything we’ve figured out for automation on display, though we’d suggest not going for the scale of the machinery being used as it can be quite expensive in terms of materials when you get to that scale.

The key ideas behind the mix of tech left in the game was utility and automation. The vanilla game takes a lot of hands-on work - or a good amount of thought to automate (and even more absurd amounts of space). With the High Tech Wolves pack there is, hopefully, a bit of tech available to automate most of the more common tasks so that you, the player, can focus on mining and building your home/castle/etc…

If you fancy playing, the pack-code is 'HighTechWolf' and our public server is at 198.27.80.71:26928 - come on by and say Hi. Hopefully one of us will be there - because right now we're working on a 1.10 version of this pack!

Mod List

Note that I am working on contacting the various mod-authors to get a Curse download properly cleared.

Last edited:

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
*sigh* not even a modlist or a download on curse. ohh well :)

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

D

dshadowwolf

*sigh* not even a modlist or a download on curse. ohh well :)

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

Sorry, I could do the download on Curse, but I've not managed to get clear permissions for anything other than the classic FTB launcher distribution. This generally does not matter, as most mod authors have given blanket permissions, but I would like to cover my bases and be a "good citizen" of the Minecraft mod-pack world.

On a different topic... The "core" mods are:

Thermal Expansion
Ender I/O
Tinker's Construct
RFTools
Extra Utilities
OpenBlocks

Around those the rest is built - and a full list can be seen in the launcher - which I've put under a 'spoiler' tag to keep from flooding peoples screens.

Edit: Added the above spoilered mod-list to the main post of the thread.

Last edited:

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
If you couldn't Automate your magic mods you weren't doing it right. lol

But down to business since this is still in 1.7.10 I would recommend adding Better Chests, they may not get as large as diamond chests, but they are far more versatile the that you can upgrade your chests to do a wide range of basic functions.

Lastly your pack is not "Listed" listed would mean people don't need a pack code to see it in the list on FTB.