[1.7.10] Let it End

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Shots fired.
No. I just get bored with people using the same set-up each time :p
Everyone sees Ex Nihilo in a pack and INSTANTLY grinds gravel until they have an AA, and then grind that thing for a while longer.
Hence why there's nearly no ore drops from them, you have to find other ways to automate, and why there are "pointless" mods - just to allow people to figure out NEW and INTERESTING ways to do stuff (another reason why EnderIO isn't in the pack)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I like the Nether.
Looks really nice, is quiet dangerous and if you're prepared (I was kinda over-prepared I guess, hehe) it's crazily rewarding to go there. :D

Was prepared to find just another void with a single fortress in it, so it was quiet a surprise :)

Reactions: jordsta95

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I like the Nether.
Looks really nice, is quiet dangerous and if you're prepared (I was kinda over-prepared I guess, hehe) it's crazily rewarding to go there. :D

Was prepared to find just another void with a single fortress in it, so it was quiet a surprise :)
You went EVERYWHERE in the nether? There's a few rooms which even the most prepared of players can still die in :p

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
You went EVERYWHERE in the nether? There's a few rooms which even the most prepared of players can still die in :p

Not everywhere yet. One room (the one with the 4 trees) scared me... looots of pigmen and was so scared of accidently hitting one xD
The Bedrock-door-room... I guess I will go there when I feel like fighting a wither... I kinda fear what might behind it.

And still alot to explore, since I had no bag with me (inventory was very fast full) and no more torches.

But I really love the thaumcraft-room! Looks nice and makes things alot easier.
And I feel like I should get quiet some diamond-dollies for my next visit... :p

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Not everywhere yet. One room (the one with the 4 trees) scared me... looots of pigmen and was so scared of accidently hitting one xD
The Bedrock-door-room... I guess I will go there when I feel like fighting a wither... I kinda fear what might behind it.

And still alot to explore, since I had no bag with me (inventory was very fast full) and no more torches.

But I really love the thaumcraft-room! Looks nice and makes things alot easier.
And I feel like I should get quiet some diamond-dollies for my next visit... :p
I suggest getting yourself a laser drill and grabbing yourself some Superium Ore from it (see NEI on how to get it) as it is twice as good as diamond (you can craft it, but why would you?)
It is actually 100% safe in there. It is how you get into Botania

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Laser drill and Superium ore. Thanks for the hints, will look into that. :)
(edit: Now only to see how to get enough power for them to work... still early stage when it comes to power-generation, only a few wind-turbines.)

And thanks for the spoiler, really was worried that behind it there is like an enderdragon or so waiting for me. *gets paranoid fast when seeing a room out of bedrock*

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Laser drill and Superium ore. Thanks for the hints, will look into that. :)
(edit: Now only to see how to get enough power for them to work... still early stage when it comes to power-generation, only a few wind-turbines.)

And thanks for the spoiler, really was worried that behind it there is like an enderdragon or so waiting for me. *gets paranoid fast when seeing a room out of bedrock*
Power generation? Solar Expansion... I definitely didn't make them a GREAT source of power :p

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Power generation? Solar Expansion... I definitely didn't make them a GREAT source of power :p

Ah you remind me of that... I knew I was forgetting something along my playing! Thanks again xD
(kinda got to level 2 of them then changed to wind-turbines since they're alot better... but the higher levels are amazing I guess)

[edit]
Though I kinda think Solar Flux seems cheaper to set up. Solar Expansion takes a long time to get better than solar flux ^^"

Last edited:

underspikey

Jul 29, 2019
Talking of the Nether... when would you think it is kinda safe to venture there? Is there a questline leading there?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Talking of the Nether... when would you think it is kinda safe to venture there? Is there a questline leading there?

I went there with 3 pieces of iron armor, the armored jetpack (in the nether you really want to be able to fly, just in case ^^) and was lucky with these thaumcraft reward-bags with getting a few fire-resistance potions. To that I used a steel-cleaver (which I crafted to get zombie-heads, so only pushed the beheading with upgrades) that pretty much one-hitted everything but enderman.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
No, there's no quest leading there. Go whenever you like, but make sure you are ready :)
Iron armour and the meat-cleaver is pretty much all you NEED (as well as food)

underspikey

Jul 29, 2019
Well, fuck.
I just tried lodaing up my world three times.
It crashes while connecting to my world.
Crash reports say it crashed while trying to render the thaumcraft table. I put down a research table yesterday. Damn.

Added one of the crash reports, they're all the same, only the timestamp is different.

Looks like I have to be productive today. damn.

Attachments

• crash-2015-03-02_21.19.45-client.txt
    32.2 KB · Views: 86

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well, fuck.
I just tried lodaing up my world three times.
It crashes while connecting to my world.
Crash reports say it crashed while trying to render the thaumcraft table. I put down a research table yesterday. Damn.

Added one of the crash reports, they're all the same, only the timestamp is different.

Looks like I have to be productive today. damn.
Send me a copy of your world and I'll delete the table from your world, if you don't know how to use MCEdit :)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Any advice for getting these 500 Seeds?

I thought setting up a Ritual of the Green Grove, Sigil of the Green Grove and Watering can would make wheat grow like crazy... but even with this combination it's really slow x.x
Would it be better to try getting sugarcan-seeds and turn them into seeds using blood magic? (I tried to avoid trying to set up a dirt-sieve yet cause the trees grow a bit slow :p)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Any advice for getting these 500 Seeds?

I thought setting up a Ritual of the Green Grove, Sigil of the Green Grove and Watering can would make wheat grow like crazy... but even with this combination it's really slow x.x
Would it be better to try getting sugarcan-seeds and turn them into seeds using blood magic? (I tried to avoid trying to set up a dirt-sieve yet cause the trees grow a bit slow :p)
Best bet... autonomous activators/steves factory manager item gate (I think it is called)/Golem with use core, or any other auto-right-click capabaility... feed it with bonemeal, and have a vacuum hopper collect all the wheat. THEN turn wheat into hay bales, and hay bales into seeds (how I would do it)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
ANYWAY! We have an update coming our way, and boy was this one a pisstake to get working:
Fixed Generators quest not accepting generators with any sort of NBT data, and added 1 more requirement (sorry, my OCD got the better of me)
New awesome quest reward (Superium Ore)
Added crafting recipes for a few things that were uncraftable but needed
Pressure chamber tree ores stuff now requires both diamond and emerald logs (because I was too lazy to work out an easy fix for an exploit)
Updated all the outdated mods
Added new item to jordsutils: God Sword... this is SO MUCH better than the Uber Blade, but I won't explain how to get it (see if you can work it out, my GitHub gives hints)

Now that doesn't sound too bad, so why was this update so hard? Well Thermal Expansion changed the naming of the Blizz (how it is named in the code) which meant that Ex Astris, which used the old name, wouldn't load. However the original mod dev is working on a remake, and the mod dev that took over seems to have gone MIA, so I had to fix it myself... and because Ex Astris has a lot of dependancies, which I didn't want to just outright remove in case other people wanted to use the newer version but has a mod I don't use, e.g. Metallurgy, I had to make sure they work... So yeah, that was a good half hour updating a mod's code, to update the mod, to update the pack.

So yeah, that's been my fun for today, a lot more productive than I was expecting to be.

TL;DR
1.4.0 is now on the launcher

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Best bet... autonomous activators/steves factory manager item gate (I think it is called)/Golem with use core, or any other auto-right-click capabaility... feed it with bonemeal, and have a vacuum hopper collect all the wheat. THEN turn wheat into hay bales, and hay bales into seeds (how I would do it)

Thank you, will try that :)
At the side I will try the dirt-sieving-way, too, curious which one is better (especially seen on how much bonemeal you need xD)

[edit]
And: Yay, update! :)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, will try that :)
At the side I will try the dirt-sieving-way, too, curious which one is better (especially seen on how much bonemeal you need xD)

[edit]
And: Yay, update! :)
Well I guess it depends how much you stockpilied before getting to that point in the pack :p