[1.7.10] Let it End

MaxifyGaming

Jul 29, 2019
I would be so happy to test this pack for you, I have a modpack of my own, but I LOVE playing other peoples and I think that I could offer some good feedback.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I have good news and bad news... Which would you like to hear first?
Good news? GOOD!
Good news. I have finally got the quests to a point where I feel a public alpha is a fine idea. So I was just going to do something, to make life easier for people, and then submit the pack to be put onto the launcher.... which bring me onto the bad news.
Due to an issue with ModTweaker I cannot do that thing, which has halted progress.
What is this progression stopping issue? I'm glad you asked. The issue is the Thaumonomicon, I am adding a new tab and research guides for the infusion crafting recipes I have added to the game, to make it easier for those who don't understand Thaumcraft, or my notation on the recipes, and well... without it, I feel when you get to the point in the quest lines that you need to start using the infusion altar/make it, that you won't be able to progress any further :/

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
If you have the technic launcher then you need to open it up and click add new pack.
Then on the technic site there is a pack URL. Copy that and put it into the popup that you got on the technic launcher

chaoticlapras

Jul 29, 2019
:( technic launcher downloads... meh.

I'll head over there, anyway. This sounds... fun?

I may stream at some point in the nearish future. Depends. Running it on my toaster, atm. Lag isn't too bad, I'm squeezing out 20fps with 1GB of RAM and opengl 1.0 on my graphics card. CPU's terrible too, but meh.

I shall throw feedback in your general direction later.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't think it was possible to do that :O I thought you needed newer open GL or something (I may be wrong)
Lag shouldn't be too bad though as it is a skyblock map :)
Yeah, it's only a TechnicLauncher download until the FTB code is up, hopefully sometime today or tomorrow, but you never know :/

As for feedback, I'd love to hear it. Just make sure to read the known bugs/issues in the OP :)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I'm gonna be streaming for a little while, feel free to come check it out :)
I will be starting afresh on the latest map and quest line :)

Prymus AC

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing the pack for a few hours now, its looking pretty good, so far no crashes. On the down side, I had to /hqm edit past 2 quests "Getting mechanical" and "Getting wet", I had both basic machines in my inventory but the book would not recognize them.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing the pack for a few hours now, its looking pretty good, so far no crashes. On the down side, I had to /hqm edit past 2 quests "Getting mechanical" and "Getting wet", I had both basic machines in my inventory but the book would not recognize them.
They should have been detectable...
/me logs into a new world
BUG! YOU HAVE FOUND A BUG!
/me runs screaming
I will change those tasks, the technic launcher update will have this update, however I don't know when the FTB Launcher will get this update... probably a few days after the pack goes live... We'll see :)

EDIT:
Updated Getting Mechanical quest to require 3 stacks of cobblestone, with the quest hint "...make and igneous extruder..."
Updated Getting Wet to require a filled Hardened Portable Tank (which is a quest reward for getting mechanical now), with the quest hint "...make an aqueous accumulator to fill this easily..."

I have done it like this just because HQM doesn't want to detect the machines for some reason :/

Last edited:

Feed the beast 122

Jul 29, 2019
so is there any reason why i can't get this pack added to my ftb launcher through private pack code?
(do i have to use technic launcher to play this pack or not?)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
so is there any reason why i can't get this pack added to my ftb launcher through private pack code?
(do i have to use technic launcher to play this pack or not?)
You can add it, just not yet. I submitted the pack to go onto the FTB launcher yesterday. It usually takes 2-5 days to get a pack onto the launcher.
I used the Technic Launcher to distribute the pack to the Closed Alpha testers, as it was a convenient way to distribute the pack to them. And I put the technic link there for those who wanted it ASAP and didn't want to wait an extra few days/start streaming/recording the pack earlier than those who get it on the FTB launcher... as I am putting people's first episodes in the OP, but obviously those who start recording first will get a better chance to get their video there, as I can't have too many videos there :p

Prymus AC

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I've completed the first quest line. How do you get PneumaticCraft seeds (other than creeper seeds)? and where do you think would be the best place to blow up a few stacks of iron. :)

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Ok I've completed the first quest line. How do you get PneumaticCraft seeds (other than creeper seeds)? and where do you think would be the best place to blow up a few stacks of iron. :)
You can craft them in a table with vanilla seeds and various objects

EDIT: Wait. This is not what I thought it was :p. Ignore that advice

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
PneumaticCraft seeds are got via a quest later on, you get them JUST before you need them... unless I am a complete fool?
I didn't put a crafting recipe for them, because reasons and stuff (I had reasoning at the time :p)

But the plants you can get before you get given them: Creeper plants (kill Creepers), Ender Plants (kill Endernoobs), Rain Plants (Make it rain), Lightning plants (Are you feeling lucky?), Slime Plants (find a slime chunk)

Prymus AC

Jul 29, 2019
PneumaticCraft seeds are got via a quest later on, you get them JUST before you need them... unless I am a complete fool?
I didn't put a crafting recipe for them, because reasons and stuff (I had reasoning at the time :p)

But the plants you can get before you get given them: Creeper plants (kill Creepers), Ender Plants (kill Endernoobs), Rain Plants (Make it rain), Lightning plants (Are you feeling lucky?), Slime Plants (find a slime chunk)

Mmmm just before needing them, well the first quest in the second quest line is to make a harvester which needs a machine frame which in turn needs a printed circuit board which needs capacitors and so on. As for lightning and rain seeds I thought thay only spawned on grass land, but then again I've never had a base surrounded by dirt.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Mmmm just before needing them, well the first quest in the second quest line is to make a harvester which needs a machine frame which in turn needs a printed circuit board which needs capacitors and so on. As for lightning and rain seeds I thought thay only spawned on grass land, but then again I've never had a base surrounded by dirt.
There is another way to get a machine frame ;) Look at the blood altar recipes

Prymus AC

Jul 29, 2019
There is another way to get a machine frame ;) Look at the blood altar recipes

I knew about that( just did not want to say to much) :), but that's where I start to go round in a circle, aka the diamond, or have I just missed something completely? if I have just say yes